Board reset

All things related to the Atlanta Falcons, NFL and pro football related.
Pudge
Site Admin

Board reset

Postby Pudge » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:58 am

Hey guys, as some of you who managed to stop by the boards late last week might have saw, the site was undergoing a move to a different webhost and server. I made a point to say that there was a chance that all the old posts would be lost, although I thought the probability was low.

Well, it seems that I hit a snag. Restoring all the old posts didn't go as smoothly as planned. I think I can get it back, but it might take some time and tinkering. So if you can just sit tight for a day or two while I figure it out.

If you really have something you want to say, there is nothing stopping you from re-registering and posting. But with a bit of patience, I think the old board will be back up and running in no time.

Pudge
Site Admin

Re: Board reset

Postby Pudge » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:53 pm

Hey guys, unfortunately I haven't had luck importing the old forum posts/threads to the new one. So I'm just going to ask everyone to proceed fresh and new.

There is one more attempt I will try and make, but as of today there isn't much hope for that one. Basically if I haven't gotten the old posts up and going over this upcoming weekend, then I probably never will. I apologize.

Go ahead and re-register and start posting again like nothing ever happened.

Nothing stops you from using your old username and password (as technically they will be new username and password) upon registration. Just remember that you have to register under 1 email address, so pick whichever one you have the most access to.

Davewaz

Postby Davewaz » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:20 am

So, apparently I'm back on the board, just an fyi when I went to re register yesterday the link that went to my email was dead. I'm not sure why I was able to log in today, but I'm glad I could.

Pudge
Site Admin

Postby Pudge » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:19 am

Yeah, Dave, I don't know what is up with that. At least you got the email. My tests with registering didn't even send the confirmation/activation email to my inbox.

So for the time being, register and I'll manually activate you. It might take a day or so. But if you register and you haven't been activated within 24 hours, then shoot me an e-mail and I'll get on top of it.

http://falcfans.com/about-us

Davewaz

Postby Davewaz » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:29 pm

Any update as to whether new or old returning members can re sign up without issue. Board is virtually dead, which is a sad thing.

Pudge
Site Admin

Postby Pudge » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:56 pm

Well, this is kinda what it was before the server/site move wasn't it? A couple of posts per week.

If some of the old regulars haven't re-registered yet at this point, then I presume they aren't going to.

Hopefully things will pick up once the season gets here. But this is probably what it will continue to be unless people start posting more interesting topics that merit discussion that don't involve Michael Sam or Michael Brown.

I won't lie since I became more active on twitter a few years back, I don't post or visit nearly as much as I once did.

Davewaz

Postby Davewaz » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:56 am

Seems things have trended the way of Twitter. It is what it is, I do miss the days of having in depth discussions regarding key team issues with a few knowledgable guys. The days when a comment you made was set in stone and could be viewed and discussed for days, weeks, and even months. At the same time, you can't fight progress. As someone who loathes twitter (I preffer quality and depth over quantity and verbal diarrhea in my discussions) I think I'm going to have to also move onto one of the larger Falcons message boards to get that. No offense meant, it's been a pleasure knowing you all. Pudge a big thanks to you for running such a good board for such a long time. I'll still be in the fantasy league for as long as it lasts and I'll still check in on here every now and then. Go Falcons!!!!!!

Return to “The Huddle”