It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:19 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Disappearing Signatures
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:02 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Some people may have noticed their signatures have disappeared. The root cause of this, I believe is that anybody that is using the forum templates based off FI SubGrey, for some reason the Signature has been removed from their profiles. So anybody using the templates:

FI subgrey
FalcFans 2
FalcFans 3

Your signature has been lost. I'm trying to correct this issue, but you can immediately correct the issue by changing your forum template in your profile. Here are the steps:

1. Click on the Profile link at the top of the page to edit your profile.
2. You'll see a bunch of options and info. Scroll down until you see a dropdown box titled Board Style. Click on it and select either:

subSilver or FalcFans

3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Submit button.

4. You'll be sent to a page saying your profile has been updated and after a few seconds will be redirected to the main forum page.

5. Click on the Profile link again.

6. Now you should see an option that says Signature with a large text box that will allow to edit or add a signature. Edit your signature.

7. And if you want your new signature to always appear on your posts, make sure in the Preferences section of your profile, you click Yes on the option that says Always attach my signature.

8. Click the Submit button again at the bottom, and everything is fixed.

I hope in the next few days to figure why and how on the other board templates, the signatures have disappeared. I'll let you know if/when I get it fixed, so that you can go back to using your preferred board style and still get all the functionality of the boards.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:51 pm 

The problem is fixed, so that now all board styles and templates allow you to add your signature. It turned out to be 2 lines of code that caused the disruption.

You may have noticed that before you didn't have the option of posting a website in your profile if you used a certain board style, well that has been changed. That little moderation was made to prevent spam bots registering, but I've added a different mod that has essentially negated that.

So basically, if you want to add your signature and website to your profile for all the world to see, you now can. And you don't have to use the simple "subSilver" template to do so.

Profile E-mail