It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:46 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I've become Knapp!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:16 pm 

I was playing Madden last night with my 'custom' team (I move New Orleans to Portland and release the entire roster) and realized something. I'm have become Greg Knapp. I have an infinity for running TJ Duckett up the gut to gain 5 to 6 yards per carry and then bootleg Schuab for a 30 to 40 yard Touchdown strike.

The crazy thing is not only do I enjoy the game MORE with this offense but it makes me a better Madden player. It's almost like clock work. I can usually run Duckett up the middle on 1st & 2nd gaining anywhere from 5 to 15 yards and then run a play-action making the entire defense bite while getting Brandon Lloyd or Kelley Washington one-on-one on the outside deep. Lob it up and about 68% of the time my guy comes down with it for a TD or darn close. For whatever reason the AI can't figure it out until it's 4th quarter and I'm up 21-3 in the waining minutes.

Crazier yet my offense is emulating the Falcon offense pretty damn spot on. I'm averaging about 177 yards per game on the ground and around 190 yards in the air.

Portland Trappers Offense:
QB - Matt Schuab
HB - TJ Duckett/Ron Dayne
FB - Madden Rookie, Excellent pass/run blocker
TE - Madden Rookie (Crumpler re-incarnated), Chris Baker
WR1 - Brandon Lloyd (6'1")
WR2 - Kelley Washington (6'3")
Slot - Madden Rookie (6'3", 4.3 speed)/Fred Mitchell
Offensive Line - I managed to draft the entire Penn State O-Line in my draft. Only two turned out to be back ups.

What shocks me more is when I don't need to rely on my passing game Schuab is a solid Quarterback despite his ratings. After a few seasons he becomes a Quarterback comparable to that of Jake Delholmme or Matt Hasselbeck and can carry a passing offense if necessary. The bonus with Schuab is that I can usually utilize him as a running Quarterback too. I'm still waiting for the Madden draft to spit out a QB with a 40 time under 4.6 but it doesn't seem to want too. I need to get a used copy of NCAA so I can import draft classes. I want Vince Young as my starting quarterback.

Does it annoy anyone else that you don't have more control of the specific colors used on the jersey? I like to make a VT colored uniform but I can set the individual color of certain uniform components and it annoys the crap out of me. I even kinda like the different colored sleeves and I'm sure it will eventually be an option one day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:09 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I run my offense about the same way...the only differance is that I'm about 10 years into my franchise...the only "real" players I have left on my team are Vick, Brandon Jacobs (moved him to FB) and D. Hall...other than that it's all guys I drafted...my team is pretty sick though..I don't know why but I get CRAZY mofo's in the draft....I've got a DE recently that's 6'7 289 and has an 88 speed, 89 strength, and a 93 acceleration...and that's how I drafted him...I did a mini camp with him and added one to the strength to bring it to 90 and the rest to acceleration to bring it to 99...I've played maybe 3-4 games with him and he already has 13 sacks!!!!

I'm gonna have to get rid of Vick soon though as he is getting pretty damn old at this point...I'm hoping that the draft spits out a nice fast qb too, but I've yet to see one of those...Adrian McPherson here I come!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:06 pm 

Madden finally spit out a running quarterback in the draft! I had to trade my 1st-3rd rounders to San Francisco to get him but the guy has a SPD rating of 86. So nice to have a Vick like player since the game will never trade or let Vick go unsigned.

the best part is that the game called this paticular rookie a 1st/2nd round projection and was the first QB of the board in the Top 10. Considering this draft have 4 other quarterbacks projected as Top-5 or Top-10 draft choices even the AI in Madden values mobile QB's over traditional ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:09 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

you got a quick one too! I just drafted myself another QB to develop as Vick's eventual replacement...this kid has a speed rating of 91 but his THP and THA are both below 75....thank goodness Vick has another 2-3 years left in him! I can't believe Vick is in his 30's in the game but hasn't gotten any slower....that's been a huge help...