Rock Bottom

For off-topic and non-football related topics such as life, TV, movies, women, video games, etc. If you want to talk other sports, such as MLB, NBA, soccer, etc. this is also the right place.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

Emmitt
Superstar
Superstar

Rock Bottom

Postby Emmitt » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:07 am

I have been buzzed about this sweet sixteen for months, but instead I blew it. After the Vikings huge win, I had a sweet sixteen to go to. In the rain, me and like 12 friends pre-gamed and were chugging beers down like their was no tomorrow. The last sweet sixteen I went too sucked, so I really wanted to get buzzed. Instead, I went too hardcore and had thirteen. I never puked from drinking, but not eating since 1:00 didn't help anything. I puked in a cab, then I can't really even remember. I got there and puked on some high priced table. One of my friends put a bow tie on because I was supposed to be wearing one, but that ended. The mom kicked me out within five minutes and next thing I know I get shoved into a cab. I get back to my neighborhood at 7:30, sleep at McDonalds until nine. Then got home at 9:30 and was a total wreck. I am already getting heat from people, but I realized I need to stop this nonsense and start to take responsibility.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Re: Rock Bottom

Postby Pudge » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:30 pm

Classy. :hihi:
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

Emmitt
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Emmitt » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:38 pm

Pudge wrote:Classy. :hihi:

I haven't been this down in a while, not even any Falcon loss made me as down as this. People were saying that I was dead.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

DaveWaz
Superstar
Superstar

Postby DaveWaz » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:51 pm

Well hopefully you learned some valuable lessons, don't drink on an empty stomach to start, second to much of a good thing can quickly make it a bad thing, and third you never get laid when your covered in vomit :down:
When life gives you lemons, find some salt and tequila then invite me!

Wease
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Wease » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:17 pm

It is a tough lesson, but learn from it. Perhaps people telling you that doing all that stuff is not a good thing may be right after all.

Good to learn that early and that no one was injured. Too many times people face that lesson after a DUI accident.
Fantasy League Champion 2010
Pick Em Co-Champion 2011

We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude. We forge our tradition in the spirit of our ancestors. You have our gratitude.

Pudge

Postby Pudge » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:46 pm

The one thing I learned in college...

Any idea that is formulated while heavily intoxicated is never a good idea, no matter how much sense it makes at the time.

This is a maxim one should live by. You're destined to break it a few times, but it will stop you from making a lot of bad decisions.

An extension of this is that if a sober person gives you advice, you should follow it. Sober people are definitely killjoys, but more often than not you'll be thanking them the next day.

Knowing your limit is also an important life lesson. One of the things I despised is that unwritten rule that one must always have a drink in hand at a party, bar, etc. It's utter BS. Don't let anyone pressure into getting another drink, even for the purpose of simply holding it for appearances. Trust me, the fact that you're holding a drink in one hand doesn't make any activity better.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

Emmitt
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Emmitt » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:10 pm

Thanks for the advice. I realize that I just need to wake up and learn that what is the point of pushing this stuff on me.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

BirdBrain
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

Postby BirdBrain » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:06 pm

Emmitt wrote:Thanks for the advice. I realize that I just need to wake up and learn that what is the point of pushing this stuff on me.

There are valuable resources in your community that could help you get the big picture. Your first step should be to seek them out and use them. Doing this would show yourself, (the only person whom you need to impress), that you are both sincere and serious. Failure to do so would clearly show that you are just blowing smoke up your own ass.

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

backnblack
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby backnblack » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:39 pm

Somebody once told me of a group of Russian philosophers who would discuss a given topic and then get drunk and re-discuss it and compare the conclusions. I don't know if it is true but it sounds like a good idea. Now...friends don't let friends wear bow ties, do they?

Return to “The Lounge”