You're right, playoff wins will come. I don't expect the Falcons to go another 6 years without winning a single playoff game to tie the Cowboys for a 13-year playoff win drought.
But there may come a point in the near future when Falcon fans start to see Smitty as another Marty Schottenheimer as opposed to another Bill Cowher. And maybe just maybe, that the cause of the Falcons January woes has less to do with circumstance as many seem willing to brush it off as, and more to do with things specifically this coaching staff and front office are doing that are making it harder for this team to achieve it's January goals...
And actually, we have the 5th most wins over the past four seasons. Here are the Top 12, and their playoff records in that span:
1. New England - 48 wins (2-3)
2. New Orleans - 45 wins (3-2)
2. Pittsburgh - 45 wins (5-2)
4. Baltimore - 44 wins (5-4)
5. Atlanta - 43 wins (0-3)
6. Green Bay - 42 wins (4-2)
7. NY Giants - 39 wins (4-1)
8. San Diego - 38 wins (1-2)
8. Indianapolis - 38 wins (2-3)
8. Philadelphia - 38 wins (2-3)
11. NY Jets - 37 wins (4-2)
12. Tennessee - 36 wins (0-1)
So while we might be Top 5 in regular season success, when you balance that out with postseason success, then one could argue that the Falcons barely even belong in the Top 10.