It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:33 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Why I'm not worried about the Panthers game...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:23 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I think the Falcons would be sitting pretty if the playoffs starting tomorrow. I guess the issue I have is that I think a number of good teams that have not started the season as well as hoped might begin to find their strides as we reach November and December. Green Bay and the Giants are two good examples.

And I'm not sure what the Falcons fast start really means for how the rest of the season plays out. I'm just a little worried about our lack of depth across the roster, and a couple of nicks could take this team from one of the teams to beat this year, to one that relative to the rest of the conference is nothing special.

I do agree with Cyril, I do feel a lot better about this year's team (so far) than I have previous teams. In 2010, I don't think I really had an overly good feeling about the team until November of that year. I knew we were good, but I don't think I really started to consider us one of the front-runners in the conference until around then. And then by the time the year ended, I didn't really think of us as one of the frontrunners, just a good team that would need to play their best football to really get far in the playoffs.

If there's one thing I really like about this team, is thus far they have seemingly shaken their inability to play well on the road. Of course, I say that now and probably tomorrow they lay an egg vs. Washington on the road. :roll:

I do think our passing game unlike previous Mike Smith Falcon teams really presents a formidable challenge for opposing teams to match up with. But I think that is contingent on their ability to get all three guys going in the passing attack: Jones, Gonzo, and White. And that's the main thing I'm going to be looking for the rest of the season. If they can show they can consistently get all three involved, then I really like our chances this year.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Why I'm not worried about the Panthers game...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:25 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I'm really hoping that we are game planning to expose Washington's secondary. I'd like to see Ryan put up a 400 yard game without breaking a sweat.