How injured is Spoon?

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

fun gus
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

How injured is Spoon?

Postby fun gus » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:37 am

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/injury-report.html

Spoon DNP today. Playing it safe, or is there trouble in Spoonville?
"what if there were no hypothetical situations?"

Emmitt
Superstar
Superstar

Re: How injured is Spoon?

Postby Emmitt » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:48 am

Let's wait until the results of today. Wednesday I don't take too seriously.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Emmitt
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Emmitt » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:50 pm

Spoon officially out for this game. DAMN! They said he's recovering but still not good enough yet. Whatever let the man recover, I'm not worried.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

The Mattural
Superstar
Superstar

Postby The Mattural » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:18 pm

I know that W.A.R. I just hope that he is ready for Sunday because with Spoon being out he will be drawing most of the coverage responsibilities for Jimmy Graham. I really doubt they will leave Dent or Nichols on him.
The Young Gunner

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Postby Pudge » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:11 pm

Oh Nicholas is going to be covering Graham quite a bit. Either him or Moore. It could spell disaster for our defense.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

dirtybirdnw

Postby dirtybirdnw » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:12 pm

Spoon had a high ankle sprain; no? If that was the case I wouldn't expect him back for a few weeks at the earliest.
Fear the BEARD!

Emmitt
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Emmitt » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:47 pm

Its not considered high ankle sprain. He's expected to return against Arizona so thats nice. As for coverage responsibilities, I believe in the man himself Rob McClain!

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Pudge

Postby Pudge » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:40 pm

Yes, it is a low ankle sprain, which is not as bad as the high ankle sprain which typically carries the recovery time of 4-6 weeks. From what I've read, a high ankle sprain typically means twice as much recovery time as a "normal" (or lower) ankle sprain. So that could mean that Spoon could wind up missing 2-3 weeks.

So he could be back next week, or it could potentially take another week to recover. This is the point where fun gus jumps in and says we should rest him an additional week regardless of whether he's ready to come back next week. And truthfully, I would not disagree with him.

Spoon will be missed vs. New Orleans, but not so much against Arizona. Getting him back for the Bucs game will be good because that's likely to be a very physical game, and we'll need him to slow down the "Muscle Hamster."
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

fun gus
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Postby fun gus » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:58 pm

Pudge wrote:Yes, it is a low ankle sprain, which is not as bad as the high ankle sprain which typically carries the recovery time of 4-6 weeks. From what I've read, a high ankle sprain typically means twice as much recovery time as a "normal" (or lower) ankle sprain. So that could mean that Spoon could wind up missing 2-3 weeks.

So he could be back next week, or it could potentially take another week to recover. This is the point where fun gus jumps in and says we should rest him an additional week regardless of whether he's ready to come back next week. And truthfully, I would not disagree with him.

Spoon will be missed vs. New Orleans, but not so much against Arizona. Getting him back for the Bucs game will be good because that's likely to be a very physical game, and we'll need him to slow down the "Muscle Hamster."

Rub some dirt on it and get out there ya lazy bum!

Image :P
"what if there were no hypothetical situations?"

Return to “The Huddle”