It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:07 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Julio Bashing Is Ridiculous
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:56 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Some of you guys are absolutely idiotic for the Julio bashing. Do you need to be reminded that this is the first game Julio has really been hurt for all season? Sure he missed some games last year, but are you serious? Seriously its uncalled for and the fact that you want to bash Dimitroff for the move is wrong. I can't wait till he puts up 120 yards in the playoffs this year, then see all you guys nut hugging him.

Get a clue. I don't care if you are offended by this because I'm offended by how you love to bash Julio when he continues to improve and works his ass off. The guy is a competitor and hasn't shown any diva tendencies.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Julio Bashing Is Ridiculous
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:15 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Did anyone say he was a diva? Hasn't he missed time in three games this year...Chiefs, Saints, today? Just a statement of fact. I thought/think we gave too much for him but don't see the point in talking about it again and again. It's done and how things would have worked out otherwise is nothing but speculation. I think everyone pretty much agrees JJ is a fine player. He is not as durable as Roddy. This is based in fact. He probably reaggravated the injury from last week. To quote our dear, departed pseudo-German ex-patriot, "Take a Midol and call me in the morning." :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:28 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Actually agree with Emmitt.

Julio has done very little since joining the team that deserves criticism. Besides his tentativeness at times to go and get the football (too often), there's really not much negative you can say about him.

Unfortunately, Julio finds himself in the midst of circumstances out of his control that tend to heap negativity towards him.

He deserves a lot of credit for playing despite clearly not being 100% (probably not even 75%), and being an effective decoy for most of the game. I have no idea why AZ didn't shadow Roddy with Peterson, and take their chances with Toler on Jones. But alas, I'm sure that's for Cardinals boards to get their panties in a wad over.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:15 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Actually agree? We always agree :up: In all seriousness, I did vent a bit here and get pissed off but I stand by this. Atlanta drafted Julio Jones to be a game changer and so far he's done that not on a consistent basis, but more than half the time.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:27 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Look Emmitt; if Julio was not getting bashed then I would be worried.
Its usually those who don't like the trade. Julio is getting better and better right in front of us; just stick to your guns and take blood with your sword (:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:49 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Emmitt wrote:
Some of you guys are absolutely idiotic for the Julio bashing. Do you need to be reminded that this is the first game Julio has really been hurt for all season? Sure he missed some games last year, but are you serious? Seriously its uncalled for and the fact that you want to bash Dimitroff for the move is wrong. I can't wait till he puts up 120 yards in the playoffs this year, then see all you guys nut hugging him.

Get a clue. I don't care if you are offended by this because I'm offended by how you love to bash Julio when he continues to improve and works his ass off. The guy is a competitor and hasn't shown any diva tendencies.

Who has been ragging on Julio?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:00 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

Isn't this the dreaded high ankle sprain? Those don't heal easily and playing Julio just delays recovery.

Jene Bramel has been tweeting about this quite a bit. Since Jene is a physician, I suspect he knows a couple things about injury.

Ok, this is a quote off his twitter page..

"At best, Jones still has a low grade syndesmotic (high ankle) sprain and is still where he was last Monday."

Update: Jene covered this in more detail here.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:15 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

RobertAP wrote:
Emmitt wrote:

Who has been ragging on Julio?

Fungus, Scout, among others.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:49 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Fungus? Who is fungus? ROFL.

People have been saying that Jones seems to be injury prone... Problem is, he has been. I haven't heard anyone say that he lacks talent or anything. People are dogging TD (me included) because we gave up an awful lot for JJ.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:18 am 
Superstar
Superstar

RobertAP wrote:

People have been saying that Jones seems to be injury prone... Problem is, he has been. I haven't heard anyone say that he lacks talent or anything. People are dogging TD (me included) because we gave up an awful lot for JJ.

Fun Gus! Happy?

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:43 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I am also in agreement with you, Emmitt.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:41 am 

I would say bashing is to strong a word for JJ. He tries and gives it 100% yet he continues to have nagging injuries. When he does play he is very good. Can you rely on JJ to be healthy that is the question? Come playoff time if JJ is out of the game due to a nagging injury I don't want to be the one that said I told you so. If he isn't contributing heavily to Atlanta's offense in the playoffs the Falcons will lose. One and done and the critics will be in full force against the Falcon's.

I'd love to have everyone at 100% come playoff time. Can we afford to sit certain players so their healthy come playoff time. Time will tell if the Falcons can afford the luxury of resting some players. JJ is to important to the offense to give the Falcons the best chance to win.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:39 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Emmitt wrote:
RobertAP wrote:

Fun Gus! Happy?

I thought you had a new nickname for him. hehe. I thought it was kinda funny actually.