It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:02 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Did Matt Ryan really have a bad night?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:10 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Seems like no one could catch anything, more than Ryan having a bad night. I mean, Roddy must have dropped 3, tony dropped 1, Julio dropped a couple... It didn't seem to me that Ryan was off, it seemed more like the receivers were off. Maybe Ryan was putting some new fancy spin on the ball or something.

Post subject: Re: Did Matt Ryan really have a bad night?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:59 am 
Playmaker
Playmaker

The throws were a bit off; one of the announcers called him "high and outside" at one point.

He had a bit of very quick pressure up the middle that seemed to affect his timing a bit; neither McClure or Konz are "country strong," and apparently Akeim Hicks is. The C-RG pairing is still a big liability with it's lack of athleticism and strength. Konz is a center, not a guard.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:01 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Konz was pretty bad tonight, easily his worst game as a starter. Ryan did struggle, definitely one of his worst games of the year. It always seems like the Saints defense on the road against the Falcons really brings the worst out of Ryan despite no turnovers.

R.I.P 2013 season

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:11 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Yeah, Ryan was off all night. He missed too many easy throws. Looked rattled and played tight. No real attempts to go down the field, or our WRs weren't separating at all downfield.

Either way, outside the first drive of the game, an absolutely atrocious performance by the offense.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:20 am 

At least it is happening now.

Ryan needs to bet his s*** straight before the playoffs or we are 1 & Done.

Falcons MVP should go to Nolan.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:38 pm 

Even if Ryan does get his s*** straight, this team is likely 1 & done. Contrary to people's expectations of their record, they aren't that good a team.

They are 11-1, but are no better a team than others that are going to be 8-4 and 7-5 after this weekend. When they get into the playoffs and face one of those teams, then it will be essentially an even matchup, and will depend on which team just happens to have the better day on that particular day.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:09 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Really Pudge, I thought I was the doomsayer, but you take the cake :down:

J. Mora JR.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:34 am 

I just know the narrative has already been written. If the Falcons don't win in the playoffs, and Matt Ryan doesn't have a 400-yard, 3-TD game, then he's going to be written off by a significant portion of the fan base. That same portion of this fan base, is already poised to write him but cannot because he's played at an MVP level this year.

If/when the Falcons lose in the playoffs, and if/when Matt Ryan does not have a stellar performance in that game, people will dismiss the rest of his stellar season.

Because of the misconception that goes with the commonly stated phrase: "You are what you're record says you are." This Falcon team will have one of the best records in the NFL, but not really be one of the best teams in the NFL. I don't mean that in the sense that they don't belong in the Top 6-8 teams in the league. I mean that in that they are not better than the other Top 6-8 teams in the league.

This team is probably going to win 13 or 14 games. And come playoff time, they will be playing 10-6 or 11-5 teams more than likely. And thus the expectation will be that this team is a better team than those teams, when they are not.

This team is 11-1, but it's actual more on par with a team that is 7-5. And the reason why we are 11-1 and not 7-5 is primarily because of Matt Ryan.

And while dirty may not have even meant it in this context, but I bristled at his statement of saying "Ryan needs to get his s*** straight or else..." because that's the narrative already being set up.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:56 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I did not consider Thursday's game a big game for the same reason I didn't consider
the Saints and Falcons first game a " big game" for the reason's some will remember.

The "Media" made Thursday's game a big game. So big game equals Matt Ryan getting tense. Those that hated on whoever our old offensive Coordinator should remember when you work on the run all week and Tell Matt its not all on you; he relaxes as our running game worked as much as it could in the first quarter. As N.O. made adjustments
Ryan just got afraid of the rush; and hurried all of his passes.

I mean Matt Ryan has never played an above average playoff game. If he does in our first playoff game I think we will win. I'll agree Matt was not the only one off Thursday night, but his throws were high and behind receivers. The Qb will get most of the credit or blame because that's the nature of the position.

Matt didn't play good enough to win Thursday; but Breeze made mental mistakes that gave us the game. All of this are reason's why I don't think we are all that good; but should be good enough to win a playoff game . To win a playoff game Ryan must play at least a little above average; or better than Thursday night!!