It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:04 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hey Haters
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:12 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

All the pessimistic posters on the site, how you feeling now?

That's why I call a statement win.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Hey Haters
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:38 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

It was definitely a statement win, Emmitt! Most spectacular win of the season! Let the haters keep on hating, cause our defense is feeding off of it!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:03 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

To say that the defense has been a surprise would be an understatement. We've had major injuries to deal with on defense as well, with Moore, Grimes, Samuel, and Weatherspoon all missing time. We've had some folks step up and really deliver.

We certainly still have some issues, especially with QBs that can use their legs effectively. However, we have been pretty darn stout against traditional QBs, and we seem to be pretty solid in the red zone.

On offense, there's still some question marks, but today's drives were pretty convincing. I really wish that Turner would show some consistency. Then again, the line probably has a lot to do with that as well. But it says a lot that we pretty much dominated the defensive front of the Giants.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:08 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Falcons head coach Mike Smith credited defensive coordinator Mike Nolan – who was the Giants' defensive coordinator from 1993-'96 under former coach Dan Reeves – for building a scheme that kept Manning off balance.

“Mike and his staff did an outstanding job,” Smith said. “It was a look that Eli Manning probably hadn't seen from us.”

Smith would not detail Atlanta's plan. Giants coach Tom Coughlin said, “[the Falcons] were able to do some things up front that allowed their secondary to make plays.”

The Falcons sacked Manning just once, but bothered him enough with the pass rush and apparently confused him frequently with coverages in the secondary.

Samuel got it all started.

“I'm accustomed to playing the Giants . . . and that experience helped me make plays,” said the quicksilver cornerback. “I guess [the Eagles] got tired of me picking [Manning] off so they sent me somewhere else to make a better team over here. Shout out to coach [Andy] Reid. I love ya, Coach.”

http://espn.go.com/b...hm-by-falcons-d

say goodbye to Nolan fellas. :doh:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:53 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

The positive moving forward with the Falcons on Mike NOlan is that if they win their playoff game, that means it'll be harder for him to get hired, since most of hte moving and shaking will have gone on by then.

But of course that doesn't factor in that early interviewing period that is allowed at the beginning of the playoffs. I might be wrong, but generally though active coaches on playoff teams don't get hired often until their teams are eliminated.

So the further the Falcons go in the playoffs, the less likely they are to lose either of their coordinators to head coaching gigs.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:02 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Pudge wrote:
The positive moving forward with the Falcons on Mike NOlan is that if they win their playoff game, that means it'll be harder for him to get hired, since most of hte moving and shaking will have gone on by then.

But of course that doesn't factor in that early interviewing period that is allowed at the beginning of the playoffs. I might be wrong, but generally though active coaches on playoff teams don't get hired often until their teams are eliminated.

So the further the Falcons go in the playoffs, the less likely they are to lose either of their coordinators to head coaching gigs.

that bye week Nolan's phone is going to be ringing off the hook. :ninja:

Here's a little something for Emmit:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... -1.1221778

The tragedy was felt all around the NFL, all around country, all around the world. But it hit so close to home for the Giants. The team held its family Christmas party at MetLife Stadium on Friday and while the kids all ran around, the parents talked about the tragedy.

Coughlin and his players did not use what happened Friday in Newtown as an excuse, but they were playing with heavy and broken hearts following a tragedy about an hour from where they live."

Lose to the Steelers? Blame Hurricane Sandy. Get BEAT DOWN by the Falcons? Must have been thos 'heavy hearts' :roll:

the obvious hypocrisy here is that NY has some of the most strict gun conrtol laws, yet Plaxico can shoot himself in the foot. NFL players are part of a gun culture with many of them having them and sometimes using them to commit crimes, yet let's all have a moment of silence. :snooty:

:ninja: