It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:55 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beatdown in Miami
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:27 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Wow, this might be the worst SEC against lesser competition beatdown we've seen the past 7 years. 28-0 at halftime. Maybe, Notre Dame makes it interesting by not getting shut out.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Beatdown in Miami
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:08 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Is Manti Te'o still a top pick in the draft after this game? Is Lacy still a high 3rd or low 2nd? Did Warmack go from being slated in the low teens (15-19) to being a high teen pick (11-13)? Dammit I want answers Pudge!!!!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:51 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I was busy watching the biggest loser, far more compelling. Guess I didn't miss much, as expected.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:56 pm 

The Mattural wrote:
Is Manti Te'o still a top pick in the draft after this game?

As you may have seen in my latest mock, I had Te'o slide nearly out of the Top 20. He might now slide into Round 2, similar to how Rey Maualuga and James Laurinaitis did. But he's certainly still going ot be a top 50 pick barring a really bad Combine/Senior Bowl.

The Mattural wrote:
Is Lacy still a high 3rd or low 2nd?

I think Lacy will depend on his Combine. If he runs a good 40 (sub 4.5) then he might be a #1 pick. If not, then he's probably still in the 2nd/3rd round range. In the past 4 years, we've had 10 RBs taken in Round 1. 4 of them were Top 15 picks (Richardson, Spiller, Moreno, and Mathews). The other 6 were all taken between picks #27 and #32. And most people will look back and say that's where Moreno and Mathews belonged as well (many said so at the time).

Then you look in Round 2, in the past 4 years only 1 RB has been drafted in the first half of that round (picks #33-#48): Ryan Williams. 9 have gone through picks #50 thru #64. Without an eye-popping Combine, I don't see him probably rising above that. Doug Martin really had no business being a 1st round pick by conventional standards, but he was, so I wouldn't rule it out for Lacy. But this should be a deep class of RBs, and right now I don't see any teams really saying, "We have to get this guy in the Top 50, or there will be no one left."

Gio Bernard seems to me the clear front-runner to be the Round 1 guy. How it stacks up after that, we shall see. But with LeVeon Bell, Knile Davis, Jawan Jamison, Marcus Lattimore all entering the drat, and we still don't know what Lacy will do (I'd be shocked if he doesn't declare now), as well as Joseph Randle, Cierre Wood, Silas Redd, and Michael Dyer, it's going to be a strong crop. Which of course isn't even including seniors like Montee Ball, Andre Ellington, Stepfan Taylor, Mike Gillislee, Christine Michael, and Johnathan Franklin.

The Mattural wrote:
Did Warmack go from being slated in the low teens (15-19) to being a high teen pick (11-13)? Dammit I want answers Pudge!!!!!! :lol:

Warmack has been rated highly by most if not all, but like David DeCastro, I don't see how he's going to go that high in the draft. Iupati (#17) and Pouncey (#18) back in 2010, and Shawn Andrews (#16) in 2004 are the only interior OL of the past 10 drafts to go in the Top 20. I just can't see why it's going to be different with him that will make him a Top 15 pick. There are teams in that range that need OGs (TEN, SD, and MIA), but SD and MIA's tackle situation is much more dire because teams adhere to the philosophy of we can plug and play with a guard in Rounds 2 or 3.

Like I did in my mock, barring some shuffling, #18 to Dallas is really the highest I could see him go.

But then again, I haven't really dived head-first into the draft, which I won't do until the Falcons season is over.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:51 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I wouldn't be crushed if we picked up Lacy as our 1st rounder....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:55 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I would absolutley cream my pants if we were able to grab Warmack with our first and Lacy with our 2nd and Levine Toilolo in the 3rd. How possible do you think that is?