It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Week 19 Russell Wilson Is Overrated Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:29 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That's the world we live in, Pudge...reactionary. We need infotainment! A public hanging is so hard to come by in America now days so they provide us with virtual hangings. Some folks can get hung over and over again for our amusement. Barry Bonds?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:09 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

got this from the 'Roost, so I cannot vouch, but interesting nonetheless

"Over the past five seasons, the Seahawks have won once when faced with a 1 p.m. ET start. And don't discount this: By the time the game starts, they will have traveled more than 8,000 miles in little more than a week.

According to STATS LLC, the 1989 Los Angeles Rams are the only West Coast team to win back-to-back postseason games on the East Coast -- at Philadelphia and the New York Giants. STATS' research included teams from Seattle, Oakland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego and Arizona. " :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:14 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

backnblack wrote:
That's the world we live in, Pudge...reactionary. We need infotainment! A public hanging is so hard to come by in America now days so they provide us with virtual hangings. Some folks can get hung over and over again for our amusement. Barry Bonds?

Mike Smith's team wins a playoff game:

:dance:
we lose sunday :

Image :doh:

Last edited by fun gus on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:43 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=292&sid=21. ... um=twitter

Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch did not participate in practice. Unlike most weeks when he is given a rest day for his balky back, Lynch was listed on Wednesday' practice report with a foot injury.

Cornerback Byron Maxwell and safety Jeron Johnson also sat out practice with hamstring issues.

No Seahawks players were listed as limited and no one has been officially ruled out yet for Sunday's divisional-round game against Atlanta.

For the Falcons, only two players missed practice: cornerback Christopher Owens (hamstring) and safety Charles Mitchell (calf).

The Seahawks placed defensive end Chris Clemons and kicker Steven Hauschka on injured reserve Wednesday. Defensive end Patrick Chukwurah and kicker Ryan Longwell were signed in their place.

Clemons suffered a season-ending knee injury Sunday but has yet to undergo surgery. Hauschka, unable to kick off a result of a calf strain, would have been ruled out for this weekend in Atlanta.

The team also released defensive tackle Vaughn Meatoga from the practice squad, replacing him with defensive tackle Myles Wade, who spent part of 2012 with Tampa Bay.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:39 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Quote:
"Over the past five seasons, the Seahawks have won once when faced with a 1 p.m. ET start. And don't discount this: By the time the game starts, they will have traveled more than 8,000 miles in little more than a week.

That should read they have only won once when they played at 1:00 in the Eastern time zone. They've won plenty of games that have started at 1, but were played in the Central time zone (so 12:00 local time). They are 1-6 in the Eastern time zone at 1:00 the past 5 years, and 6-13 in games that are played at 1:00 pm ET (including those that are played in the central time zone, so 12:00 locally).

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/p ... i?id=3HovL

Although it should be noted that includes 2 seasons in '08 and '09 under Holmgren & Mora where the Seahawks just weren't that good a team (9-23 overall record). Carroll took over in 2010. Under Carroll, they are 1-2 at 1 in the Eastern TZ, and 4-5 overall at 1 pm.

And obviously if you went back 7 or 8 years back to when the Seahawks were good under Holmgren, their record at 1:00 would dramatically improve (7-6 overall in 2005-2007). It's an interesting stat, but it's probably not very relevant.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:14 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Pudge wrote:
[ It's an interesting stat, but it's probably not very cute.

:P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:51 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

http://12thmanrising.com/2013/01/10/pas ... s-atlanta/

12th Man Rising - A Seattle Seahawks Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

Pass Rush Problems Might Not Matter For Seahawks Vs. Atlanta
Jan 10th, 2013 at 6:42 am by Keith Myers
Home » Seahawks » Pass Rush Problems Might Not Matter For Seahawks Vs. Atlanta

The best way to slow down a good passing offense is to pressure the QB. It’s true. Coverage is great, but give NFL receivers long enough and eventually one of them will get open. This is the dilemma that faces the Seahawks this weekend. The need to get after Matt Ryan, but lack the bodies to do so now that Chris Clemons is out.

Luckily, I don’t think it matters for this week.

Matt Ryan was only sacked 27 times this year. Thats among the best in the league. While you might think that means he has a good offensive line (he does), that’s only part of the story here.

The other half is that Ryan gets the ball out very fast. He averages only 2.67 seconds from the snap until the ball is out of his hands. That too is among the best in the league. Add in that Ryan likes to go deep with the ball occasionally (11.1% of his passes), and you’ll realize that the other 88.9% of his passes are even faster than that number.

Put those together and you see the problem. Good offensive line + Quick throws = very difficult to sack.

Unfortunately, that’s not the only problem. The Seahawks are have struggled to get to the QB over the past 6 weeks, and are now very short on pass rushers having lost both Jason Jones and Chris Clemons.

When you look at all of it that way, It would suggest that the Seahawks would be best served to regularly drop extra players into coverage. Rushing 3 (Irvin, McDonald, and Scruggs) on obvious passing downs and covering with 8 defenders (vs a max of 5 players out in patterns) in the secondary.

Looking at Ryan’s stats when he is under pressure also suggests that this strategy might be the best one. His completion % when under pressure is 5th best in the league, even when he is under pressure (which isn’t very often) he’s among the league leaders in not getting sacked. Only 13.9% of the times he’s under pressure do opposing defenses actually get him to the turf.

Ultimately what that says to me is that putting a ton of effort and energy into trying to get to Matt Ryan doesn’t seem like a smart game plan for this game. Why blitz and create holes in your coverage if it is unlikely to get to QB.

Instead, I believe the Seahawks are better off playing the numbers game in the secondary. Luckily, they have the players to make that game plan work.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:20 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

fun gus wrote:
Instead, I believe the Seahawks are better off playing the numbers game in the secondary. Luckily, they have the players to make that game plan work.

If that's what they do, Turner and co better figure out how to run to get the 'hawks D to start putting more folks in the box. If they don't, and Turner and CO get the ball running, I give us a HUGE advantage in this game.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:07 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I will take that if Ryan can sit back there and pat the ball two or three times I dont care if you drop nine into coverage Ryan will find someone. Not to mention if they consistently drop everyone in coverage Gonzo, Douglas, and Quizz will cause some problems underneath and Ryan will more than likely set a record for completions in a game. A first down is only 10 yards so 3 four yard completions is all we need.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:59 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/story/0ap10 ... worthiness

Russell Wilson tops Matt Ryan in playoff trustworthiness

By Adam Schein
Columnist, NFL.com
Published: Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:45 p.m.
Updated: Jan. 10, 2013 at 05:03 p.m.

The Seattle Seahawks are going to beat the Atlanta Falcons in Atlanta this weekend because they have the advantage at the quarterback position.
The Divisional Round

The playoffs continue this weekend, with the right to play on Championship Sunday at stake. NFL.com's analysts break down the divisional round:

You read that correctly.

I don't want to hear that Seahawks starter Russell Wilson is a rookie. That's what it says on the back of his bubble gum card, but he's wise beyond his years. He doesn't look like a rookie on the field. He doesn't prepare or lead like a first-timer.

Here's the only nugget that matters: Russell Wilson 1, Matt Ryan 0.

That is, Wilson has one playoff win and the Falcons' signal-caller has none.

Let me ask you an honest question. Dig down deep for a moment. Do you actually believe Ryan would've led his team to a road playoff win after falling behind 14-0, like Wilson did last week against the Washington Redskins?

There's no way. There's no chance. Precedent for Ryan in the playoffs tells you so.

Wilson, meanwhile, has been a model of efficiency and domination, rocking to the impressive tune of 26 touchdowns against just 10 picks during a remarkable rookie campaign. He's also peaking -- along with the rest of his team -- at the right time.

Seattle has won eight of its last nine games, riding a momentum- and confidence-building six-game winning streak that started with a Week 13 road victory over the Chicago Bears. During a wide-ranging interview on SirusXM NFL Radio on Tuesday, Wilson said that game gave the Seahawks an internal belief that they could win anywhere, busting the myth that they couldn't beat a good team on the road. Wilson said that attitude helped them deal with the adversity they faced last Sunday.

John Madden, who was listening to the interview -- in which Wilson also said he'd already studied film of Atlanta and had shared with the offensive staff some ideas about the plays he wanted to run this Sunday -- said the rookie reminds him of Peyton Manning in the way that "he sounds just like a player-coach." High praise, indeed.

Now, football isn't a quarterback competition. It's a team sport. As I wrote before and during the regular season, Falcons defensive coordinator Mike Nolan will give Atlanta its best opportunity to finally win a playoff game. His playmaking unit has been strong and versatile, led by Thomas DeCoud and William Moore, the only pair of teammates at safety this season with four or more picks apiece. Asante Samuel's postseason experience is a plus, as is John Abraham's.

But Wilson has piloted a Seahawks team that has scored at least 20 points in 10 straight outings. Wilson wins with his arm, his legs and a feel for the game that is incredible for a neophyte. (How about his block on that rushing touchdown last week?!) And he has help. Marshawn Lynch is in vintage "Beast Mode." I don't think Atlanta can stop it.
Pepsi Max Rookie of the Year

Robert Griffin III, Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck are each up for Pepsi Max Rookie of the Year honors. The winner will be announced at the NFL Honors awards special on Feb. 2. Vote here ...

Ryan deserves credit for pasting and shredding the New York Giants this season, derailing the reigning Super Bowl champs' repeat bid. He's been brilliant getting the football to Julio Jones, Roddy White and Tony Gonzalez. He shattered team records for yards, touchdowns and completion percentage. He has 56 regular-season wins as a starter -- but none in the playoffs.

Will he be tight on Sunday?

Will the crowd get antsy if Seattle jumps out to a double-digit lead?

I loathe this matchup for Ryan against the Seattle defense, specifically these big, physical playmakers in the defensive backfield known as the "Legion of Boom." Yes, the injury to Seahawks defensive end Chris Clemons is a big deal. But I think Bruce Irvin can step up. Bobby Wagner is a beast. I don't think Falcons running back Michael Turner will get going.

And there's this: Based upon Ryan's last two playoff games (against the Giants and Green Bay Packers), I don't trust him in a big spot.

I root for Ryan and the "big three" he forms with general manager Thomas Dimitroff and coach Mike Smith. They cleaned up the mess left by Bobby Petrino and Michael Vick. I scream into the microphone quite often this time of year that NFL teams should look to find the next Dimitroff, the next great front-office leader currently tucked away in a team's player personnel or college scouting department. I want this trio to be validated.

Ryan is a franchise quarterback who has won a lot of games. He has something to prove in the month of January. He can silence guys like me once and for all on Sunday.
Brandt: Ranking playoff defenses
Defense still wins games, Gil Brandt says; he ranks the remaining playoff teams from best defensively to worst. More ...

But considering Seattle's defense, special teams, run game and Wilson, this is a bad matchup.

Yes, my man crush for Wilson is on display. I loved him as a player before he was drafted, when his critics were saying he was too small. I smiled when Seattle general manager John Schneider told us on the SiriusXM Blitz that he "wasn't leaving the draft without him." Wilson has dazzled this season, showing the leadership abilities and precision of a 10-year All-Pro veteran. He will continue to prove all of his haters wrong.

And Matty Ice's résumé will continue to melt. :down:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:28 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Cha ... hp_t11_a12

NFP»Columns»The Players Page
RSS
Chancellor vs. Gonzalez? That's good football

Could this be the best matchup of the Divisional Playoffs? Matt Bowen
Print This January 10, 2013, 05:30 AM EST

I hope the Seahawks put together a game plan that leans on some pressure and man-coverage schemes in Atlanta this Sunday. I really do. Think Cover 1 (or even Cover 0) in the secondary—because I want to see Kam Chancellor matchup vs. Tony Gonzalez.

The skill set of Gonzalez vs. the size and length of Chancellor...that's the matchup I want to see this weekend.

I know what the Falcons have outside of the numbers in Julio Jones and Roddy White. Legit talent right there. That’s another good matchup to take in vs. Seattle’s Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner. I would put those two corners in press-alignments for the majority of the game. Let them get physical at the line of scrimmage, mirror the release and play through the hands at the point of attack.

But I’m still focused on the matchup inside of the numbers with Chancellor and Gonzalez.

Look at the size and length of Chancellor vs. the skill set of Gonzalez. Think route running, body control and athletic ability at the top of the route stem. Gonzalez can still get it done…and I want to see how Chancellor attacks the tight end on Sunday.

Does he play from an off-position or will the strong safety walk up to the line and re-route Gonzalez on the release? Can Chancellor maintain his leverage throughout the route stem, use his free safety help and stay “in-phase” (on the hip) vs. Gonzalez on the seam or 7 cut (corner route) down the field?

Sure, the Falcons will use Gonzalez out of multiple alignments. That’s smart. The tight end will align attached to the core of the formation, as the backside X receiver, in a bunch, stack, etc. This is a tough offense to prep for because they are so multiple within the playbook.

I mentioned the seam already and we have to also throw in the Tare combination (Stick-Flat combo), the “Nod” (quick double move) and the Hi-Lo concepts (Hi-Lo opposite, Hi-Lo Crossers). And don’t forget about the Falcons game plan when they move the ball inside of the red zone. That’s where Gonzalez becomes a prime target for QB Matt Ryan.

Maybe the Seahawks show more zone looks or the Falcons lead with the run game. I don't know that yet. But I'm hoping to see Chancellor vs. Gonzlaez. Two of the top players at their respective positions. And that's exactly what we should expect on the playoff stage.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:47 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Lynch has missed practice for the last two days. Is that a concern or no big deal.

R.I.P 2013 season

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:06 am 

Emmitt wrote:
Lynch has missed practice for the last two days. Is that a concern or no big deal.

If Marshawn wasn't a gamer, probably. But since Lynch is a gamer, then it's probably not a big deal.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -practice/

Marshawn Lynch misses second straight practice

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on January 11, 2013, 1:13 AM EST

Reuters
Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch missed practice for the second straight day to a lingering foot injury.

Lynch being on the injury report is not a surprise. He was listed on the report for 14 of the Seahawks 16 regular season games and again last week prior to their 24-14 win over the Washington Redskins with varying injuries. It didn’t keep Lynch from playing on Sundays as he started all 16 games for Seattle and rushed for a career-high 1,590 yards.

However, there was only one week this season when Lynch missed practice on consecutive days. Lynch missed practice Wednesday and Thursday leading up to their 28-7 win over the New York Jets in Week 10 due to back and wrist issues.

If Lynch were unable to play against the Atlanta Falcons this weekend it would be a major blow to a Seahawks offense that has hit its stride the last half of the season. Despite the progress of rookie quarterback Russell Wilson, Lynch is still the driving force of the Seattle offense.

Fourth-round rookie Robert Turbin would be next in line to pick up the majority of the workload if Lynch is unable to go. Turbin has 80 carries for 354 yards and 19 receptions for 181 yards in limited duty in relief of Lynch.

Lynch was still on the field for the final offensive drive against the Redskins and didn’t appear to be noticeably affected in running for 132 yards and a touchdown on 20 carries. Despite missing practice this week, it still seems unlikely Lynch wouldn’t be able to play against the Falcons.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:28 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/883 ... yoff-games

By Bill Barnwell
January 11, 2013

Seattle Seahawks (11-5) at Atlanta Falcons (13-3)
First, if you're looking for some sort of insight suggesting that the Falcons are cursed and don't have what it takes to win in the playoffs, you're going to find these next few paragraphs very disappointing. I wrote at length about this at the end of November, but to summate, Matt Ryan is in good company when it comes to losing his first three playoff games or series … think Peyton Manning and Michael Jordan company. They turned out OK. Other quarterbacks have lost three playoff games in a row, including guys like Joe Montana and John Elway. There's no difference between losing your first three playoff games and three random playoff games, and there's no historical evidence for the idea that the Falcons simply don't have the stomach to win in the postseason.

Past that idea, Seahawks-Falcons evokes many of the same questions that came up in my analysis of Seahawks-Redskins last week. The Seahawks are arguably the best team in football, depending upon which advanced metric you prefer, but they've exhibited a dramatic difference between their performance at home and on the road, both this year and in previous seasons. Atlanta is the superior seed, but they don't have the underlying metrics that truly support their record and have question marks surrounding the health of some key players. What's particularly notable here is how neatly each team's respective weakness lines up with the other's. There is one aspect of the game-within-the-game that stands out as the obvious battleground. It could be enough to determine the outcome on its own.

Run Interference
Will the Falcons be able to run the ball against the Seahawks? It's a bizarre question to ask of a team that was built around its running game as recently as two years ago, but Atlanta's rushing attack, once a pillar of strength, is now a notable weakness. The biggest challenge in pointing out how terrible the Falcons' run game is involves picking a metric, because they all say such similar things. Atlanta is 29th in yards per carry and 29th in total rushing yards. They ran for just 70 first downs this year, which was tied for 29th in the league. They finished 29th in rushing DVOA, and it wasn't because they stopped trying; they were 30th in the first half of the season and actually improved to 28th during the second half.

My favorite simple stat, of course, is looking at how a team did on first-and-10 on plays where the score was within 14 points. That's the core of your running game with regard to the impact it has in keeping your team on schedule for a new set of downs while creating opportunities for play action and bombs in the passing game. In this split, Atlanta was also gruesomely bad. The Falcons only mustered 3.6 yards per carry on those plays, which placed them 30th among the league's 32 teams. The league average is 4.4 yards per pop. The good news? It's actually a step up from 2011, when they were 31st of 32.

As you might suspect, much of the decline can be traced to the tired legs of one Michael Turner. The guy who once earned the nickname "The Burner" is closer to being burnt up. This year, Turner averaged just 3.5 yards per carry when the Falcons handed him the ball in those first-and-10 two-score situations, which was the worst rate in the league for any running back with 50 opportunities or more in that situation. Jacquizz Rodgers and Jason Snelling averaged 4.2 yards per attempt across their 40 carries in the same split, which isn't enough to be statistically meaningful, but it does jibe with what shows up on tape. Turner labors to hit the hole, shows little burst through said hole, and rarely ever breaks a big gain. He holds up better than Rodgers in pass protection because of Rodgers's small stature, but Turner is close to a non-entity in the passing game and it's basically a victory for defensive coordinators every time the Falcons hand him the ball.

The problem for the Seahawks, unfortunately, is that they haven't been much better at stopping the run. I covered the DVOA split for the Seahawks run defense and its second-half collapse last week, but let's put it in perspective in terms of my favorite split. On first-and-10 carries in two-score situations during the first half of the season, the Seahawks allowed just 3.8 yards per carry, which was good enough for 11th in the league, and 9.6 percent of the opposition's carries went for 10 or more yards and a new first down. During the second half, the Seahawks have allowed opponents to average a whopping 5.6 yards per rush attempt, a figure that puts them 30th of 32 teams, and 18.1 percent of opposition carries have resulted in a first down. In short, teams are running for 10 or more yards on the Seahawks in their most basic situation nearly twice as frequently during the second half of the season. Furthermore, this isn't a stat influenced by one big play: The Seahawks haven't allowed a carry of more than 28 yards in this situation all year. Instead, Seattle has been getting sliced and diced by opposition running games all second half. The Redskins started off last weekend's game doing well against the Seattle run defense, producing 61 yards on 11 carries across their first two drives, but the injury suffered by Robert Griffin was enough to change the gameplan and force the Redskins into a different style of play.

Irvin's Magic
There's another reason to believe that the Seahawks might struggle against the run. Lost amid the national debate regarding Griffin was last Sunday's other knee injury. Seahawks defensive end Chris Clemons, who made my unofficial Pro Bowl ballot as a starter, suffered a torn ACL and will obviously be out for the remainder of the postseason. The injury deprives Seattle of arguably their best defensive player, a two-way end who was on the field for 87 percent of Seattle's defensive snaps during the regular season. No other Seattle defensive lineman saw the field on more than 62 percent of their snaps this past year.

The workload will likely fall on rookie first-rounder Bruce Irvin, who has played 43 percent of the defensive snaps this year while serving as a situational pass-rusher. The idea in drafting Irvin was to get the Seahawks their own Aldon Smith, a vicious quarterback attacker who still had some work to do before becoming an every-down player at the pro level. The 49ers used Smith exclusively as a situational pass-rusher last year, where he produced 14 sacks before moving into the starting lineup this season. Irvin only had eight sacks during his rookie campaign, but he's shown flashes of brilliance and should trouble Matt Ryan at times on Sunday.

The problem comes in Irvin's expanded workload. It's not easy to ramp up from 30 snaps a game to 60, let alone to do so in the matter of one week. Irvin might end up being a great run defender, but at the moment, he's strictly a pass rusher. Sometimes these guys turn out to be competent run defenders once they get into the lineup, like Smith; other times, they follow the Mark Anderson route and fail to develop into much beyond the situational pass-rush guy they were as rookies. Irvin has a lot of time to mature, but very little time to do so before Sunday. Expect the Falcons to run at him and see if he can hold up at the point of attack. In addition, the increased workload for Irvin should tucker him out and prevent him from having his usual impact on obvious passing downs. Clemons, an accomplished pass rusher in his own right, will also obviously be unavailable on those passing downs. That could give the Falcons the space they need to get their talented core of receivers open downfield.

Injury Watch
After a year of remarkable health, the injuries are beginning to show up at precisely the wrong time for the Seahawks. Of Seattle's starters, 16 of 22 made it through the season without missing a game due to injury, with three others missing one game each. The Clemons injury is enormous, as he's one of the most underrated players in football. Another injury that has popped up during the week is Marshawn Lynch's foot complaint, a problem that has now kept him out of two straight midweek practices. You might normally ignore a team resting a veteran player for a practice or two during the playoffs, but after the Christian Ponder fiasco last week, missing a pair of practices with what appears to be a "minor" injury might mean something. Seattle doesn't have a back who can replace what Lynch does, both with and without the ball in his hands, so it's an injury worth close attention heading toward Sunday.

The Falcons aren't particularly healthy, either. Their week off should help heal a team full of sore players, but Atlanta has more notable injuries that need to be monitored. Both of Atlanta's cornerbacks were dinged up at the end of the regular season, with Dunta Robinson suffering from a concussion while Asante Samuel deals with a nagging shoulder injury, but they should be ready to go Sunday, even if there's a decent chance of reoccurrence in their respective cases. Atlanta is also dealing with a sprained ankle suffered by John Abraham in Week 17, one that was serious enough to force him out of the game. After cutting Ray Edwards up front and losing Brent Grimes to the IR, the defense is very dependent upon the health of their starters. Their replacements for the likes of Robinson and Abraham are not even in the same ballpark. Atlanta will want to give them directions to make sure they even show up in the right place on Sunday.

The Prediction
Seattle remains arguably the league's most talented team, but the injury to Clemons is just enough to keep Atlanta running the ball effectively with a second-half lead. I don't think it's a blowout, but instead a game where the Falcons get an early lead and narrowly hold it the remainder of the way.

Atlanta 24, Seattle 20

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:06 pm 

Being a Marshawn Lynch fantasy owner I can safely say that it is no big deal. Lynch sat out plenty of practices during the season due to his chronic back problems. He always plays and usually plays well.

Beyond that I will say this much... Thanks to the Falcons history in the post-season everyone and their uncle has declared the Seahawks the winners and have placed them into the NFC Title game.

If there has ever been a time for a team to get a chip on their shoulder because of what the media is saying that time is now. The Falcons with just 1 home loss and the best record in the NFC have been reduced to the underdog against a spunky but not that great Seahawks squad.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:22 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

dirtybirdnw wrote:
Being a Marshawn Lynch fantasy owner I can safely say that it is no big deal. Lynch sat out plenty of practices during the season due to his chronic back problems. He always plays and usually plays well.

Beyond that I will say this much... Thanks to the Falcons history in the post-season everyone and their uncle has declared the Seahawks the winners and have placed them into the NFC Title game.

If there has ever been a time for a team to get a chip on their shoulder because of what the media is saying that time is now. The Falcons with just 1 home loss and the best record in the NFC have been reduced to the underdog against a spunky but not that great Seahawks squad.

Yeah, I agree there is no way that Marshawn Lynch misses this game, hopefully the Falcons' defense comes out like it did against Doug Martin when he was the hottest RB in the league. If we can hold Marshawn under 60 yards one would have to believe that we have a good chance to win this game. I was watching NFL AM not to long ago and one of the analyst said that Atlanta is going to get clobbered and wont stand a chance. Thats the way the Falcons are percieved in the eyes of anyone who is not a fan and we can take a big step in changing that perception on Sunday.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:19 pm 

Just so long as their other Runningback *ahem* Quarterback... Doesn't run for a 100 yards and rack up 2 or 3 touchdowns.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:00 pm 

http://falcfans.com/owens-out-against-s ... nable-6892

Owens out against Seahawks, Abe questionable
January 11th, 2013
Aaron Freeman

The Falcons announced their injury report today. On it, cornerback Chris Owens was the only play to be ruled out for this Sunday’s divisonal playoff matchup against the Seattle Seahawks. Owens missed the entire week of practice with a hamstring injury. Defensive end John Abraham, who went down with an ankle injury in the season finale was listed as questionable, after going through limited participation in practice this week. Safety Charles Mitchell (calf) was also listed as questionable. Safety William Moore (hamstring) and cornerback Dunta Robinson (concussion) were listed as probable. Moore went fully during today’s practice, while Robinson hasn’t skipped a bit all week. Moore has not played since Week 13, missing the final 4 regular season games due to his injury. Robinson suffered his concussion early in the Falcons Week 17 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but returned to practice last week.

Due to the absence of Owens, Dominique Franks will likely get more reps on defense if the Falcons opt to utilize their dime package which normally features four corners.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:29 pm 

Dunta, Abe, and Williams are all a go for today; Thank God!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:57 am 
Playmaker
Playmaker

Russell Wilson is NOT overrated. he's my ROY, even before yesterday's game. he's gonna be great to watch in years to come.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:03 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

fun gus wrote:
backnblack wrote:

Mike Smith's team wins a playoff game:

:dance:
we lose sunday :

Image :doh:

I just heard a replay of Dan Patrick saying he had two reliable sources within the Falcons organization that said had we lost that game last sunday, Smith was to be 'fired' by Blank. Supposedly these are people close to Blank himself. To paraphrase he said a loss sunday would not have just been a loss, but a historical loss which would have forced Arthur Blank's hand.

So there are TWO people that are lovin some Matt Ryan and Matt Bryant alot more then us mere mortals..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:38 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... complacent

:shock:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:20 pm 

There's that c-word.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:38 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Pudge wrote:
There's that c-word.

I guess it's okay that Roddy said this, but what does it mean when the coaches call an agressive game, but the players are the 'c' word? :ninja: