It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:24 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: a question about Superbowl tickets..
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:41 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

OK, so I am a season ticketholder, and Im wondering how the NFL and the franchises work out the distribution of SB tix?

Here's how it works, according to 'Seat Geek'.

The NFL holds a lottery every year for the right to purchase up to 2 of the 500 Super Bowl tickets that are allocated to the lottery. If you are one of the lucky few to win the lottery, you are eligible to buy up to two Super Bowl tickets for face value.

The annual lottery only accounts for around 500 tickets. The majority of Super Bowl tickets, approximately 75%, are allocated to NFL teams. The two Super Bowl teams tickets each clock in around 17.5% of the total, the team hosting the Super Bowl receives around 5% of the tickets and the rest of NFL teams each receive just over 1% of the tickets. Each team runs their own random lottery amongst their season ticket holders to grant the rights to purchase Super Bowl tickets from the team's allotment. Face value for Super Bowl XLV ranged from $600 to $1,200.

The remaining 25% of the tickets that are not distributed to NFL teams are distributed by the NFL to various companies that are affiliated with the NFL in one way or another (corporate sponsors, media, charities, VIPs, etc).

so my question is, who 'oversees the 'lottery' that is done by each team that goes to the SB? Does the league do it, or leave it to the franchises to work that out?

That being said, any clues on how they are distributed? Does a long time ST holder get seniority over newbies? Do the box seaster and lower level fans get a bigger advantage, or is it really just pulling stuff from a barrel, or a computer generated random program?

Does anyone ever know of someone who was a ST holder for any other teams that actually won thier lottery? Im just curious.... :ninja:

Post subject: Re: a question about Superbowl tickets..
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:26 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I got Super Bowl tickets in the 1998 season, the team does the drawing......

Back under the old management; "seniority" the longer ticket holders were given 10 names for every year they were a season ticket holder so most of the Folks I sit around could go; because we were chosen with the odds in our favor.

With Blank one year season ticket holder gets the same right as a 35 year ticket holder.
One person, one chance.

Because its at a neutral site; and their are very few fans from the prospective teams there; its just like on Tv, its not that much fun; but I wanted to know I saw the Falcons
in the Super Bowl.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:42 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Cyril wrote:
With Blank one year season ticket holder gets the same right as a 35 year ticket holder.
One person, one chance..

:dance: :clap: :up:

There is hope! :pray:

*embarrasing confession. I've already put out 'hints' that I need a place to stay with all my N.O friends, and checked the Greyhound and Amtrak schedules just in case. Worst case scenario, I take the bus down, watch the game, stay up all night and get on the train 7 am the next a.m. revelling from our first Falcons Lombardi.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:40 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Cyril wrote:
and their are very few fans from the prospective teams there

I think it depends on the team. I was at Super Bowl XL (Steelers-Seahawks), and that place was packed with Steeler fans. Steeler fans also descended upon the city of Detroit like a plague from Egypt. Of course, Steelers fans travel well along with Cowboys fans, because they have fans in every American city.

Profile E-mail