Falcons add K Ryan Rossner

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Falcons add K Ryan Rossner

Postby Pudge » Fri May 20, 2005 6:22 pm

He's an undrafted guy, and thus far I've only been able to find one source that indicates he's a Falcon: here.

Anyway, he's a 6-3/230 guy from Stephen F. Austin. He connected on 6 of 7 field goals from beyond 50 yards in his final 2 seasons, so he's got a big leg

This move means the Falcons roster is full with 72 players. Adding the 8 rookies whenever they are signed, means we'll have the full 80-man roster.

That means if the Falcons plan on bringing in a player like Schulters in after June 1, then they will have to cut one of the current players. That's not a big deal since it's not hard to cut any one of the undrafted or street free agents we've added in the past 5 months, but it's only interesting because if the Falcons were sincerely interested in Schulters then they may have just opted to leave the roster spot open.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

Capologist
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

Postby Capologist » Sun May 22, 2005 3:05 pm

Don't forget we've also go NFL Europe roster exemptions in effect so we have some more room to move....

Pudge

Postby Pudge » Mon May 23, 2005 9:40 am

I was counting those, but I could have been off. According to my count, we have 86 players under contract, but with the 7 NFLE guys, we get 14 exemptions (the 7 NFLE guys don't count, and we get 7 more exemptions), making 72. The 8 rookies make it an even 80.

But still I can't find any other news source that indicates Rossner is a Falcon. I'm trying to track down where this site got their info.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

Return to “The Huddle”