It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:10 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: who is laughing now? *cough cough* Tebow as possible TE?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:30 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/i ... obe-report

Aaron Hernandez's home searched
Updated: June 18, 2013, 9:39 PM ET
ESPN.com news services

Source: Hernandez Questioned In Homicide
SI.com reports Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was questioned in a homicide investigation but is not believed to be a suspect.Tags: Aaron Hernandez, Homicide, Suspect, Patriots

Hernandez Not Thought To Be Suspect

Investigators searched New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez's North Attleboro, Mass., home Tuesday in connection with the death of a man who police said was an associate of Hernandez, ABC News reported.

ABC News reports that Massachusetts investigators plan to interview Hernandez about the death.

During the search, two friends of Hernandez who were in the house tried to leave, but were stopped by state police. Hernandez has not been named as a suspect, but a rental vehicle with Rhode Island plates was found near the scene, which led investigators to Hernandez, SI.com reported.

Hernandez has been uncooperative with police since the body of a 27-year-old man was found in an industrial park not far from the Patriots player's home, two law enforcement sources told ABC.

A Patriots spokesman said, "I am aware of the reports, but I do not anticipate we will be commenting publicly during an ongoing police investigation."

The Sun Chronicle of Attleboro, Mass., reported on Tuesday that police identified a rented 2013 Chevrolet Suburban with Rhode Island license plates in connection with the possible homicide, in the town 40 miles south of Boston. The paper reported the vehicle is registered to Enterprise and investigators were hoping to analyze it for fingerprints.

Hernandez, 23, caught 51 passes for 483 yards and five touchdowns last season. The 2010 fourth-round pick has 175 receptions for 1,956 yards and 18 touchdowns in his career, getting named to the Pro Bowl in his second season.

Post subject: Re: who is laughing now? *cough cough* Tebow as possible TE?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:05 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

:rofl:

Yeah, Tim Tebow is going to beat out Jake Ballard, Michael Hoomanawanui, and Daniel Fells to earn reps at TE. And UDFA Zach Sudfeld who has been having a very good spring/summer in OTAs.

Look if the Patriots think Tebow playing TE for more than 1 snap per game is going to make them a better team than any of those players who have collectively caught 155 passes for 2028 yards and 15 touchdowns, and started 60 NFL games.

Not to mention that putting Tebow at TE would require him to learn an offense that Chad Johnson, Chad Jackson, Donald Hayes, and countless other true WRs struggled to learn. Not to mention it would mean playing at a level that forces players like T.J. Moe, Josh Boyce, Mark Harrison, Aaron Dobson off the field, all players that were considered draftable WRs in this past year's draft, as well as Lavelle Hawkins, Michael Jenkins, Donald Jones, Julian Edelman, and of course Danny Amendola.

Yes, Bill Belichick the reigning king of situational football is really planning on using a player that has never ran a route at any level to be a significant contributor to his passing attack.

:doh:

Hernandez might very well be put in a jail cell right next to Rae Carruth as well as Gronkowski never playing another snap of football, and Tebow won't be any closer to being a TE for the Patriots than he is today. Chase Coffman has a better chance of starting for the Patriots at TE than Tebow taking a single snap there in an actual NFL game in 2013.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:11 am 
Superstar
Superstar

If I were Tebow I'd stay clear of Hernandez at this point.... He doesn't take threats well

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:14 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

DaveWaz wrote:
If I were Tebow I'd stay clear of Hernandez at this point.... He doesn't take threats well

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:15 am 
Superstar
Superstar

I think having Tebow as our possible second string Qb would have been a good move.

I also think its good for the Patriots.
Yes, Bill Belichick can see what kind of passer he is and if reps and time could make him better. What did anyone have to lose except a summer Roster spot??

You could even put him on The Practice squad if you think he has what it takes and think long term about tight-end but I think if given time he could learn to throw and play Qb. When Bill B. picked up Danny Woodall or whoever I thought it showed Rex Ryan as not being able to recognize talent, and Bill B. showing good smarts.

You won't get it right every time, but standing still sometimes makes no sense.
He'd have to bulk up but I'm not sure he wouldn't be a prospect at fullback.... Its just possible options; you can cut him tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:08 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

DaveWaz wrote:

:clap:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:14 pm 

How ironic is that... Two of the best tight ends in the league and the primary weapons of the Patriots offense gone.

Karma is knocking on the Patriots door and it is asking for it's payback.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:45 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Karma for what DBNW, winning their last Superbowl nearly a decade ago? I'm figuring Karma already took several shots at them [Perfect season ended on a crazy play, a 2nd Giants defeat in a Superbowl, Tom Brady losing a year on a leg injury right after a 1 loss season]. I think they've paid their dues.

J. Mora JR.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:30 am 

If the Pats have bad karma then what does that say about the rest of the league? Matt Cassel fresh off a 2 win season in KC won 10 games in NE. And despite losing their two best offensive weapons they probably still win 10 games this year and make the playoffs. Do you think the same could be said if the Falcons lost Roddy and Julio?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:22 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Quote:
Noun

(in Hinduism and Buddhism) The sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in...
Destiny or fate, following as effect from cause.

I think you are mistaking what Karma is, Pudge. Everything you brought up above is about the Patriots being an extremely well coached team that will constantly adjust to make themselves competitive. Karma is more a fluke accident blamed on either bad luck or fate, ala Flacco completing that pass against Denver, or Rice going for 30 yards on a dump down pass against the Chargers when it was 4th and 29. Bad Karma really defines plays, not entire seasons, like BB filming the Rams before the Superbowl coming back to bite him from the Football Gods when Tyree catches a pass against his helmet with Harrison all over him and a perfect season then comes to an end.

J. Mora JR.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:30 am 

No, that's just how we Westerners have bastardized karma. Karma is really about cause and effect. Think of it this way, if the cycle of life (birth, death, reincarnation) was a car ride/road trip, karma would be the gas you'd put in the car. In this analogy, good karma (i.e. good actions) mean that your destination is going to be awesome, while bad karma means it's gonna suck.

They've been to 2 Super Bowls in the last 6 seasons. Only the Giants and Steelers are in that club.

What this really is is the reality of the NFL, in that teams go up and teams go down. People tend to perceive that things get better. And while if you could graph out a 10 or 20-year period of a team's success, you might see an upward trend, but if you look at each individual plot point, it's going to form a very jagged line. Like this:

That's why when you are trying to build a team you should build for long-term success, not short-term ones. A team that has 10 good years as opposed to 5 good years, has better odds that one of those years is going to end the way they want. Maximization. And I think the Patriots have done it better than any other team in NFL history.

This is just the natural ebb and flow of football. You never know, because next year the Patriots could be in prime position to win a title.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:18 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Pudge wrote:
If the Pats have bad karma then what does that say about the rest of the league? Matt Cassel fresh off a 2 win season in KC won 10 games in NE. And despite losing their two best offensive weapons they probably still win 10 games this year and make the playoffs. Do you think the same could be said if the Falcons lost Roddy and Julio?

What if we lost Roddy,Julio,Tony G,H Douglas and Quizz? Brady just lost his top 5 receivers, and 'replaced ' them with Jake Ballard, Michael Hoomanawanui,Daniel Fells,Zach Sudfeld and Tim Tebow.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:36 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I could care less about whether it's Karma or not, the fact is the Pats are gonna be worse than they have been in a while. They are lucky they are in probably the worst division in football or else they'd be screwed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:25 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I don't know DaveWaz... It seems that the great QBs lose their receiving corps every once in a while. Most of the time, those QBs continue to be great. I would be a bit surprised if New England has a huge collapse this year. I expect them to roll with the punches. Now, if Brady were to go down, I'd be ready to write them off.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:00 am 

Yeah, before people write off the Patriots, I think they should think back to the 2006 Patriots, before they got Welker and Moss and morphed into the juggernaut we've gotten used to over the past 6 years.

That year, their leading receivers were:

Reche Caldwell
Ben Watson
35-year old Troy Brown
Kevin Faulk
Doug Gabriel
Jabar Gaffney

The Patriots still managed to go 12-4. Sure Brady put up his lowest passer rating, passing yards, and TD total of his career since 2003 in that year.

Dillon and Maroney split carries to give them a combined 1650 yards and 19 TDs on 375 carries. It marked the last season where they could be considered a running team by choice (2008 would also count, but that's because of Brady's injury), as they ran the ball on 47.3% of their offensive plays, when the league average in '06 was about 45.1%.

Belichick will adjust and assuming they don't have any other devastating injuries as RobertAP mentioned, they should be in the driver's seat for another 10-win season. Their issue is going to be overcoming teams like Houston and DEnver in January, or whoever wins the AFC North because traditionally teams like Pittsburgh and Baltimore are very good in the playoffs. Although personally I think Cincinnati should win the division, but their playoff success remains to be seen.

New England's problem might be getting the 4 seed and having to face a team like Pittsburgh or Baltimore in Round 1, two teams that traditionally play them very very well.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:14 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Pudge wrote:
:rofl:

Yeah, Tim Tebow is going to beat out Jake Ballard, Michael Hoomanawanui, and Daniel Fells to earn reps at TE. And UDFA Zach Sudfeld who has been having a very good spring/summer in OTAs.

Chase Coffman has a better chance of starting for the Patriots at TE than Tebow taking a single snap there in an actual NFL game in 2013.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/07/26/t ... ning-camp/

BOSTON (CBS) — Aaron Hernandez is in jail, Rob Gronkowski is on the mend from several surgeries, and the Patriots need a tight end.

Enter Tim Tebow?

While the presence of the 6-foot-3, 236-pound Tebow on the roster led to much speculation all summer that Bill Belichick could employ the quarterback in a pass-catching role, it was unclear if the Patriots would go that route. After all, Tebow has exactly zero career receptions in his three-year NFL career and four-year college career at Florida.

Yet on the first day of practice, Tebow did indeed catch some passes in drills, something neither Tom Brady or Ryan Mallett did. He also lined up with running backs and receivers for one non-contact tackling drill, according to NFL Network’s Albert Breer. It could be an indication that the Patriots might use Tebow in some pass-catching role in some capacity, or it could mean nothing at all, other than Belichick messing with everybody.

The head coach did speak before the practice session, and he would not say whether the Patriots would solely use Tebow as a quarterback.

“I think that we’ll use Tim wherever we feel like he’s best for the team and I know that’s what he’s committed to doing as well, whatever that is,” Belichick said.

After the practice, Tebow shared a similar message.

“I’m going to do what coach asks me to do,” Tebow said, while noting that he’s only been in quarterback meetings thus far.

Tebow also had praise for the starting quarterback of the team.

“He’s one of the best of all time,” Tebow said of Tom Brady. “You get to watch it, you get to sit in the meetings with him, talk to him …You pick up a lot of good things, a lot of good traits.”

So will the Patriots eventually use Tebow as a tight end this season? Let the speculation continue.
:ninja:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:33 am 

I'm already stocking up on tissues fun gus for the sad day at the end of August when the Patriots cut Tebow.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:11 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Pudge wrote:
I'm already stocking up on tissues fun gus for the sad day at the end of August when the Patriots cut Tebow.

:clap: :lol:

Tim Tebow ‘horrendous’ in first training camp practice
July 26, 2013
by Zack Kelberman in Featured, New England Patriots

Stop me if you’ve heard this one before: Tim Tebow was less than stellar under center.

The Patriots conducted their first training camp practice on Friday, and Tebow, operating at quarterback, didn’t have the best outing, according to multiple reporters.

Tom Curran of Comcast SportsNet New England says that Tebow looked “horrendous,” throwing a one-hop pass and an interception in back-to-back sequences.

The New York Post’s Bart Hubbuch notes that a “wounded-duck screen pass” had the crowd “groaning and laughing.”

To be fair, it wasn’t all bad for the former Jets’ punt protector.

Tebow caught some passes in drills and lined up with the running backs and receivers. The highlight of his morning came on a 40-yard run, which helped get the crowd “back on his side.”

“I think that we’ll use Tim wherever we feel like he’s best for the team and I know that’s what he’s committed to doing as well, whatever that is,” head coach Bill Belichick said, via CBSBoston.com.

Not exactly a huge vote of confidence there. Tebow is hardly a lock to make the Patriots’ final roster, and can’t afford to have too many more days like today.