Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/atlanta-falc ... tel-moore/

ROOKIE SPOTLIGHT: Wide receiver Martel Moore

comment(7)
2 3 32 111

Falcons Training Camp, July 26
CURTIS COMPTON / AJC
072613 FLOWERY BRANCH: -- Falcons defensive end Kroy Biermann works his way down a line of hundreds of fans signing autographs on the second day of team practice at training camp on Friday, July 26, 2013, in Flowery Branch. CURTIS COMPTON / CCOMPTON@AJC.COM
Previous Posts

Trufant working at right corner and nickel back
July 28, 2013
Training Camp Day 4: Roddy White set to speak today
July 28, 2013
5 training camp nuggets from Falcons coach Mike Smith
July 27, 2013

By D. Orlando Ledbetter

FLOWERY BRANCH -- Martel Moore, an undrafted rookie from Northern Illinois, has won some of his battles in the one-on-one passing drills early in training camp.

“I’ve got to take it one day at a time,” Moore said. “I have to make the most of any opportunity that I do get. Any group that I go with, the 1s, 2s or 3s, I have to make the most of my opportunities, blocking or catching the ball.”

Moore, 6-foot and 183 pounds, is running his routes fluidly and making great cuts. He helped to lead the Huskies to the Orange Bowl last season. He had 1,083 yards receiving and caught 13 touchdowns for the Mid-American Conference champs.

“I still have to get better and I’m learning for Roddy (White), Harry (Douglas) and Julio (Jones) every day, said Moore, a native of San Antonio, Texas.

Moore ran the 40-yard dash in 4.56 and 4.57 seconds March 12 at Northern Illinois’ Pro Day, according to NFL.com’s Gil Brandt. He also had an impressive 35-inch vertical jump.

Moore enjoyed Northern Illinois’ ride to the Orange Bowl last season.

“The experience was great,” Moore said. “We were the first MAC team to ever do it. We went 12-1 and only lost a game by a point (Iowa, 18-17).”

Florida State beat the Huskies, 31-10, in the Orange Bowl.

“I felt like we didn’t play up to our potential in that game,” Moore said. “If we did, I think it would have been a different outcome. Florida State was good, but they weren’t as good as everybody hyped them up to be.”

Profile E-mail