??

If so,kudos pudge
tebow damn spellcheck

Post subject: Re: Did review get the axe
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:59 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Yes he got cut.

Apparently there is now 1 thing that people said he couldn't do, and actually didn't do. :wink:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:49 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Pudge wrote:
Yes he got cut.

Apparently there is now 1 thing that people said he couldn't do, and actually didn't do. :wink:

Well he keeps proving people wrong:)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:47 am 
Veteran
Veteran

Last I heard he was a free agent. No one picked him up off waivers.

D-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:06 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Forgive them father

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:04 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

fun gus wrote:
Forgive them father

:lol: :beef:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:05 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I would still say he could win 6-8 games in Buffalo, Oakland, or Jacksonville... more than any of their current starters could muster, and be much more fun to watch.

J. Mora JR.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:44 pm 

MarylandFalcon1 wrote:
I would still say he could win 6-8 games in Buffalo, Oakland, or Jacksonville... more than any of their current starters could muster, and be much more fun to watch.

T Preezy for President!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:59 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... k/2755495/
:ninja:

Look, I 'get it'. At this point, it's pretty glaring: Tim Tebow currently lacks the skillset needed to be a #2 QB. Okay? Mea Culpa! I admit, while on vacay, I was 'suprised' to see him cut.

But answer honestly: IF WE GET TO OUR THIRD QB, (which is right now an 'injured' guy) were completely FUBAR. I still say: bring it on. Please tell me 'why not'. Vince Young? Slag Heap? There is ...no one..not one...who can come in here as a # 3 with no camp and only regular season snaps and truly do anything worth mentioning. This will be EXACTLY like watching the Byron Leftwich 'throwing into the seats' type fiasco we all watched in 2007 when we lost our franchise qb to being a 'guest of the State'. . Our #1 franchise went down, Joey Harrington turned into Liberace, and then the clowns went in.

Only now we dont have our third clown ( okay, it might be me)

My point: wanna 'motivate' Nique?Thanks to the generous teams before, Tebow has a minimum base salary of $630,000...Chickenfeed!

Imagine this scenario: Ryan goes down, and D Davis steps up=WIN
Ryan goes down, and D Davis stumbles=FAIL ( failure meaning to get a decent backup:and I will say we have made many,many a 'decent' backup we play against look HOF worthy)
We get some Slag Heap Guy to 'help' or...Ryan goes down, D Davis stumbles and it ACTUALLY gets to Tebow?

Well, look at it. Really? We wanna carry an extra guy who can only do ONE thing? If Tebow wont bow to playing 'whatever he can get', then at this point, he is a hypocrite and go F*ck himself...If he want's to become a 'preacher' or whatever, okay but IMO he should play for anything he can get at the NFL Level. Not because he is going to be in the HOF, but because he has held himself up as some kind of role model, and now you have to 'own it'.

I still think there is a place for this guy in the league. It may be as a scout team player. Or even as a # 3. Lets say Brady 'Ouch-Ing' Ewing goes down and were left with a goal line situation. And then something happens to Snelling. I say put that #3 QB to 'work'. So what if he gets injured? The Lord will Make It Right...But the fact the guy has lasted as long as he has with that 'handicapable' throwing motion has to be because he is made of something 'different'. I mean, C'mon. Talk me off the ledge, Pudge.

We dont have a #3. D Davis is the 'heir apparent'. I could understand the notion that Tebow here as a #3 would inhibit our #2...But for me, its a RnR..I havent seen much in preseason to merit much faith in a guy I rooted for..And I think we should just go for the carnival because for this to get to that kind of level were pretty much screwed, and I want a high draft pick. Okay, I said it. Okay. Clowney. :ninja:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:10 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Obviously this doesn't match with the view here, but I don't get what Tebow has done to earn all this scorn? I mean he's just a guy trying to make it in the NFL.

I've not heard him cry, or say anything outrageous..... Yes he's made his faith public
but he did that a long time ago.

We have a second string Qb that I think looks like he sucks, If Ryan misses a few games then we may be screwed!! I'm not saying Tebow could do better; I'm saying
our second string Qb doesn't look good enough to me to be second string!! I don't really care about Tebow, but I care that our second string Qb would perhaps get cut by the Patroits too!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:51 am 
Superstar
Superstar

I would rather have Tebow backing up Ryan. I know that Tebow sucks as an NFL QB. But if Ryan were to go down, I'd rather be watching Tebow. I honestly believe that he would give us a better chance to win than Davis.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:14 am 

Don't sleep on David Carr.

Cyril wrote:
I've not heard him cry, or say anything outrageous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myNyMP9ddrg
:ninja:

fun gus wrote:
I still think there is a place for this guy in the league.

I agree. I just think that place requires a team that is committed to playing a style of football that few teams are committed to playing. That is conservative, run the ball 30-40 times per game, play good defense football. Marty Ball in a nutshell. If you're team is 1-4 and the season is going down the drain, it's easy to make that commitment as the Broncos did in 2011.

The point I kept trying to stress fun gus was how conservative the Broncos were which made it work for him in Denver in 2011. Over the final 11 games where Tebow was the QB, Denver ran the ball 428 times, an average of 38.9 times per game. The next best team, Houston ran the ball 384 times over that same span. You extrapolate that run load over a 16-game season, that's 622 rushing attempts. It should be noted that the last time that a team ran it that much was the '83 Redskins. Since 1986, only 2 teams have ran the ball 600+ times in the NFL. Coincidentally both had rookie QBs and #1-ranked defenses: the '04 Steelers and '09 Jets.

You can't put Tebow in any situation and expect him to work miracles. That isn't doing him any favors. And his play in New England this summer only strengthens that viewpoint for me. He completed 37% of his passes this summer, and had a passing YPA of 4.8. But his rushing YPA was 5.7. If you want to put Tebow in the best position to succeed, it will be on a team that commits to running the ball and plays excellent defense.

And it's no secret that is not the brand of football that Atlanta wants to and frankly can win playing that way. That style of play is the polar opposite to how our team is built to succeed.

There are places I think Tebow has a chance to succeed in. New England was one of them because they can and are willing to run the ball (they were 2nd in the NFL in rushing attempts last year with 523), along with read-option teams that like Washington, Seattle, and San Fran. I thought the Jets were one of the more ideal environments for him, but the Jets never wanted to commit to that brand of football (although IMO they should have). Hell even Houston, KC, and Minnesota could work for him because they have strong running games coupled with good defensive play. But in those latter 3 cases, you have QBs on the hot seat, and bringing in a "phenomenon" like Tebow isn't likely going to help them play their best football.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:40 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Pudge wrote:
Don't sleep on David Carr..

5 veteran QBs for the Falcons to consider
Posted: 12:57 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 1, 2013
By D. Orlando Ledbetter

FLOWERY BRANCH -- After the cut down to 75 players, the Falcons weren’t impressed with the talent pool on the streets.

However, with the teams cutting down to 53 players, there’s plenty to look at.

The Falcons are awfully young and inexperienced behind quarterback Matt Ryan. Dominique Davis, last season’s No. 3 quarterback, is the only other quarterback on the roster. He’s yet to take a snap in a regular season game and was solid, but not spectacular, during the exhibition season.

The pool of veteran quarterbacks is particularly weak because several teams are QB hoarders. Most teams (14) are carrying two quarterbacks. But the Raiders, Redskins and Jets are carrying four quarterbacks.

Here’s a list of the top five available veteran quarterbacks that were released in the cut down to 53 around the league.

1. Vince Young, 30, 6-5, 230: He was released by the Green Bay after not playing in 2012. He’s number one on this list because he’s the only quarterback on the streets with a winning record. He started 50 of his 60 NFL games and has a 31-19 record. Career passer rating: 74.4.

2. David Carr, 34, 6-3, 215: He played for Falcons offensive line coach Pat Hill at Fresno State. The former No. 1 overall pick has started 79 of his 9 4 NFL games, but hasn’t made a start since the 2007 season. He has a 23-56 record as a starter. Career passer rating: 74.9

3. Trent Edwards, 29, 6-4, 231: The former starter in Buffalo was trying to latch on with the Chicago Bears. He’s started 33 of his 38 NFL games and had a 14-19 record. Career passer rating: 75.5.

4. Matt Leinart, 30, 6-5, 225: He was trying to revive his career with Buffalo, but was unimpressive. He’s started 18 of 33 NFL games and has a 8-10 record. Career passer rating: 70.2.

5. Brady Quinn, 28, 6-4, 232: The Mighty Quinn was trying to make the Seattle roster after failed stops in Cleveland and Kansas City. He went 1-7 as a starter for the Chiefs last season. He’s started 20 of 24 career games and has a 4-16 record. Career passer rating: 64.4.

Here’s the list of all of the quarterbacks who were released in the cut down to 53 players from around the league:

Baltimore: QB Dayne Crist and QB Caleb Hanie.

Buffalo: QB Matt Leinart and QB Thad Lewis.

Carolina: QB Jimmy Clausen

Chicago: QB Trent Edwards and QB Jordan Palmer.

Cincinnati: QB John Skelton.

Dallas: QB Alex Tanney.

Green Bay: QB Vince Young.

Indianapolis: QB Chandler Harnish.

Jacksonville: QB Mike Kafka and QB Matt Scott.

Miami: QB Aaron Corp.

New England: QB Tim Tebow.

New Orleans: QB Ryan Griffin.

New York Giants: QB David Carr.

New York Jets: QB Greg McEloy.

Philadelphia: QB Dennis Dixon and QB G.J. Kinne.

San Francisco: QB Seneca Wallace.

Seattle: QB Brady Quinn.

St. Louis: QB Austin Davis,

Tennessee: QB Rusty Smith.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:09 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Pudge, I understand your pragmatism. And. in the strictest sense, everything you posted about Tebow make perfect logical sense....

But you are looking at this as to where Tebow would 'fit'. To me, after seeing his preseason, I have come to the conclusion that there is not a good enough 'fit', as a backup QB anywhere else in the league. IMO, he had the 'opportunity' to show that he could make progress, and he really didn't. And he had everything working in his favor: he had an owner that was openly rooting for him to make the roster, he had a franchise QB in no peril of having a controversy, who could mentor him during camp, an evil genius HC, and he had an offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, was also among Tebow's biggest supporters, since he was responsible for making Tebow a first-round pick while coach of the Broncos. And with all that, he couldn't 'fix' his technique.

So, you are looking at places that maybe could design a piecemeal offensive scheme around him, and while that makes some sense, looking at the list above I dont see where Tebow could effectively challenge anyone of them as a #2..So he is relegated to the 3rd QB spot.

But he still has some wheels left, and probably would be a decent scout team QB, especially against the read option, and dont we play an awful lot of mobile read option QB's this season? Look, I get it that we wont go after Tebow, but does anyone think that Doege is going to be a better option then Tebow at that point? If we get to our third QB, I just dont want to fail, I want to go down in flames. I want a high draft pick for next year, and some entertainment during the death rattle.

But the 'smart' thing to do is nab Carr or Young, and move Nique to #3. The 'entertaining' thing to do is keep Nique as your #2 developmental option, pray he never sees the field, cut Doege and get Tebow or Dennis Dixon as our #3. I would rather be entertained while we lose :ninja: *cough cough* clowney

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:15 am 

I have no clue what Doege can do. I thought he was a competent college QB with some skills. But the guy didn't attempt a single pass in the preseason or receive a single snap, and somehow managed to make the team. Now I can understand in Ed Reed's case, how that could work for him in Houston. He's a future HOFer, but in the case of Doege. :?:

And people wonder why I criticize several of the Falcons roster decisions...

But based off that yeah, I would probably think Tebow > Doege. But I do think Carr or VY would be vastly > to Tebow.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:24 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

just heard an interesting point about Tebow on 790theZone...Dave Archer was asked where/if Tebow would end up in the NFL...He said the team that makes the most sense is Jacksonville. His reasoning is that it would be a financial boon, would 'motivate' the Gabbert/Henne and not blow up like the JETS( I think I disagree with him there). Dave said that since they run thier O through MJD, if they get down to Tebow that could work.

Then he said something that really surprised me. Anyone who listens to D Archer enough knows that he isn't one of those guys that likes to 'tear down' athletes. He is as truthful as they come, but there are times when he can't say info he's got because he will get in trouble with the F.O.. But today I heard disgust in his voice when asked about Tebow.

Im paraphrasing, but Archer's comment went along the lines of this: Tim has been given a 'gift'. It is not that he hasn't 'worked hard' his work ethic is legendary. But, he has fallen into 'pride'. He brought up Jim 'Crash' Jensen...Jensen was a QB out of BC, but didn't have what it took to be an NFL starting QB. So he played 3rd string QB, but rarely went in at that position. Instead, he played ST, H Back, sometimes WR, and even sometimes TE in goal line situations. In short: he did 'whatever it took' to stay on a team and see the field.

I think Dave Archer believes since Tebow 'refuses' to consider playing a different position, he is 'squandering' his God-given talent, exhibiting 'ego', and costing his foundation alot of $$$. He said he wished he could get Crash Jensen to talk to Tebow, because if he were to go that route, whenever he does retire he will get more $$ in speaking fees, etc. But if he quits the NFL because no one wants him as a QB, then he lost some respect for him...At least that's the 'vibe' I got. He ended by saying Tebow would land in Jax, or retire because he would not even cut it in the CFL ( ouch) .

interesting..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlAitMiMuOg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:41 pm 

Yeah, I think this year somewhat confirmed that Tebow just isn't going to cut it as a QB, at least not long-term for a team. I don't think Jacksonville will work quite as well (although I do understand Archer's points, and agree to a certain extent) mainly because MJD is old and busted. IMO prior to his injury he was at the same point that Turner was in 2011. A guy that really relied on the big runs to inflate his numbers, but he was essentially a guy that you couldn't trust to reliably get more than 2 yards per carry. But then he'd bust a 40 yard run and you'd forget that he had only 20 on his previous 11 carries. But other than that, I do think Jacksovnille is probably the best place for him since I know that team is not committed to Gabbert further than they can throw him. This year is really just a courtesy for Gabbert as they are want to use the likely Top 5 pick they will have next year on a QB (and unlike this past year, it appears to be a much stronger class).

I agree that Tebow is a better athlete than QB, and he would help himself a lot if he took a year or however long to try and "diversify his portfolio." He's likely not going to get a call from an NFL team until January or February at the earliest, so he's got some months to run some routes, maybe learn some blocking technique and tackling. So we'll see.

I highly doubt that Tim Tebow won't get 1 more shot in the NFL as a QB. But it may just wind up being like Chris Redman when he signed with the Patriots in 2004. He only lasted through OTAs before the Pats cut him. And besides 2 weeks he spent with the Titans the following summer, Redman was out of the league until the Falcons picked him up in 2007. I think that may happen with Tebow moving forward. Someone might sign him in the spring, kicking his tires, and then when they see how s***ty a QB he is, will dump him in the early summer before camp starts, and that may be it permanently.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:54 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

fun gus wrote:
just heard an interesting point about Tebow on 790theZone...Dave Archer was asked where/if Tebow would end up in the NFL...He said the team that makes the most sense is Jacksonville. His reasoning is that it would be a financial boon, would 'motivate' the Gabbert/Henne and not blow up like the JETS( I think I disagree with him there). Dave said that since they run thier O through MJD, if they get down to Tebow that could work.

Then he said something that really surprised me. Anyone who listens to D Archer enough knows that he isn't one of those guys that likes to 'tear down' athletes. He is as truthful as they come, but there are times when he can't say info he's got because he will get in trouble with the F.O.. But today I heard disgust in his voice when asked about Tebow.

Im paraphrasing, but Archer's comment went along the lines of this: Tim has been given a 'gift'. It is not that he hasn't 'worked hard' his work ethic is legendary. But, he has fallen into 'pride'. He brought up Jim 'Crash' Jensen...Jensen was a QB out of BC, but didn't have what it took to be an NFL starting QB. So he played 3rd string QB, but rarely went in at that position. Instead, he played ST, H Back, sometimes WR, and even sometimes TE in goal line situations. In short: he did 'whatever it took' to stay on a team and see the field.

I think Dave Archer believes since Tebow 'refuses' to consider playing a different position, he is 'squandering' his God-given talent, exhibiting 'ego', and costing his foundation alot of $$$. He said he wished he could get Crash Jensen to talk to Tebow, because if he were to go that route, whenever he does retire he will get more $$ in speaking fees, etc. But if he quits the NFL because no one wants him as a QB, then he lost some respect for him...At least that's the 'vibe' I got. He ended by saying Tebow would land in Jax, or retire because he would not even cut it in the CFL ( ouch) .

interesting..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlAitMiMuOg

he is dead to me now.

http://tracking.si.com/2013/09/05/tim-t ... d=webmail2

Tim Tebow, after being cut by the New England Patriots last week, has refused to change positions after a NFL team expressed interest in him, SI’s Peter King reported on NBC’s 2013 NFL Kickoff show.

Tebow wants to “keep the NFL dream alive” and has turned down offers to play in the CFL along with an offer from USA Rugby to change sports, King said. Tebow only wants to play in the NFL and will only return if given the chance to play quarterback.

According to a USA Today source, Tebow isn’t ready to give up on returning to the NFL, retire, or accept any offer to play for the Canadian Football League or Arena Football League.

After being released by the Patriots, Tebow took to Twitter to thank Patriots owner Robert Kraft and coaches Bill Belichick and Josh McDaniels for the opportunity to play with New England. Tebow also said he will be in “relentless pursuit” of continuing his dream of being an NFL quarterback.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:44 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Yeah, I made mention of Tebow's ego on Facebook yesterday. I mean, that's what this is, right? He won't play anything but QB, and no one is going to hire him to do that, so... ... ... Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I was rooting for Tim this whole time, but it seems as though he's just like all of the other clueless idiot jocks out there.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:33 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Tebow to the Jags makes way too much sense for them to do. First off they are screwed and have no QB at all right now, second no one buys their merchandise, third no one goes to their games, fourth they get no media coverage.

All of this is fixed in one move which they could do for a million a year, and dare I say, I think Tebow would actually be an upgrade from Gabbert :drugged:

Of course, it seems like Jacksonville is trying the Cleveland Indians strategy from the movie Major League, so I doubt this will happen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:45 pm 
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

From the biggest Gator fan on these forums: Tebow is not, will not and will never be an NFL QB...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:16 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Capologist wrote:
From the biggest Gator fan on these forums: Tebow is not, will not and will never be an NFL QB...

Neither will be Gabbert or Henne, and at least he can sell some seats and merch.