It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:41 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What I watched
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:34 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

Being in South Fl, I didn't get the Falcon's game and probably never will. Unfortunately, it will be the Dolphins (which I understand) and the f#$king NY teams (sometimes not in that order). So, I got the Cle/Mia and Jets/TB games.

I will make this quick as I need to go. The Cle/Mia game was pretty good to watch. I have to say Ray Horton is a great defensive co. Arizona was the second best defense last year according to the Aikman ratings and it looks like the Browns could mold into a top defensive unit by seasons end. Brandon Weeden didn't look as bad as people say. His receivers really let him down. They could have easily won this game if the receivers had caught the ball. Miami looked pretty good as well. The defense will once again be good. Ryan was hot and cold. Hopefully he will get it going by next week. Miami will probably end up second in the East, not sure if they will make the playoffs or not.

As for the ex-Falcons, Clabo looked good, but would look better in Falcon's uniform. :) I forgot about Grimes till the second quarter. He had some lapses, but overall played good. My guess is that in a couple of weeks he will be back to his old self.

The TB/Jets game was kind of painful to watch. Geno started bad and then got better with just enough to win the game. He will probably be the starter for the rest of the season. The Jets defense played to stop the run and did it well. I think TB's offense did more to make the Jets defense look good than they actually are. Josh was warm and frigid. He probably has till he bye to keep his job. If he folds, then he is probably knocking on TD's door next year for a job. :mrgreen: The TB defense played really well. Except for the penalties, the defense was lights out. In three weeks, Revis will once again regain the title of best CB in the league if he already hasn't.

If Freeman plays like he did Sunday, then the Falcons should be able to win both games. The Miami game will probably be a little tougher, but they should be able to pull that one out as well.

Post subject: Re: What I watched
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:15 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Thanks for the insight Spanky.

I do wish Grimes the best. Have fun watching the little guy.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:16 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Thanks Spanky, our new South Florida correspondent.

I didn't get to watch either game, althoguh I saw the last minute of the TB-NYJ game. Was the Bucs defense that good, or was it partly because they were facing a rookie QB on an offense that is at the bottom of the league in terms of talent?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:16 am 
Playmaker
Playmaker

Probably a little of both. This week will show us a lot. The defense really only gave up 13 points. TB had a safety and Lavonte was to aggresive with that penalty. You could probably add another FG with a Freeman INT.

The other thing of note is the two penalties on Goldson that was replayed a lot. As Harrison said on NBC, DBs are probably going to have to go low. I think one resulted in a field goal.

On paper, I think TB has a really talented defense and probably the best in the South. If they hold NO to under 20 points, then I will consider them legit. Of course, the big question is Freeman and what he does.