It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:20 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Julio out for the season
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:32 pm 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar

Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:31 pm
Posts: 3112
Can anyone confirm. This is what I'm hearing.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julio out for the season
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:35 pm 
Offline
Draught Guru
Draught Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:32 am
Posts: 4943
AngryJohnny51 wrote:
Can anyone confirm. This is what I'm hearing.....



Jay Glazer

confirmed?

_________________
"what if there were no hypothetical situations?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julio out for the season
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:37 pm 
Offline
Playmaker
Playmaker
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:44 pm
Posts: 403
Location: Aston, PA
mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24051196/report-julio-jones-could-be-out-for-season-with-foot-injury


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julio out for the season
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:38 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:11 pm
Posts: 4475
Location: Vancouver, WA
I just got an update from my ESPN app that Atlanta thinks Julio maybe done for the season as well.

CBS Sports is just regurgitating Glazer's info:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... oot-injury

As if losing at home to the Jets on Monday Night Football to fall to 1-4 wasn't bad enough, the news could be considerably worse for the Falcons. Wide receiver Julio Jones is likely out for the season with a foot injury, reports FOX Sports' Jay Glazer.

A team source tells CBS NFL Insider Jason La Canfora that the injury is a "legitimate concern."

Jones is expected to get a second opinion Wednesday.

"[The] initial determination by Falcons is that Jones' season is over," Glazer tweeted Tuesday afternoon. "They are hopeful [a] second opinion says otherwise, but [they're] not optimistic."

Jones had emerged as one of the NFL's best young talents. He had 8 catches for 99 yards against the Jets, and 41 catches for 580 yards and 2 TDs on the season. In 2012, Jones hauled in 79 receptions for 1,198 yards and 10 TDs, and that was after a rookie season of 54 catches, 959 yards and 8 TDs.

The Falcons were without their other big-play receiver, Roddy White, for much of Monday night. He was sidelined with a hamstring issue, and that was on top of the high-ankle sprain he has been battling since the preseason. If Jones' season truly is over, that leaves a depth chart woefully short on experienced wideouts.

There's Harry Douglas, but he's more comfortable in the slot. There's also Drew Davis and Kevin Cone. The former doesn't have a regular-season reception in 31 games and the latter recorded his first catch Monday night.

Put another way: Quarterback Matt Ryan will be relying heavily on tight end Tony Gonzalez, while praying that running back Steven Jackson and White can get healthy in a hurry. Because Ryan behind the Falcons' banged-up offensive line with no legitimate playmakers is going to look a lot worse than 1-4.

_________________
Fear the BEARD!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julio out for the season
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:23 pm 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:15 pm
Posts: 4222
Well, this should solidify it. The Julio Jones trade was a mistake. He has been hurt throughout his career, and he will spend most of this year on IR. Whatever the case may be about how great his potential is, if he's not in the game, he's not worth anything.

If your argument is that TD couldn't have done any better with the other picks, then your gripe is that TD sucks. That's a fair argument.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julio out for the season
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:25 pm 
Offline
Draught Guru
Draught Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:32 am
Posts: 4943
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuDB8Cx ... ata_player

_________________
"what if there were no hypothetical situations?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julio out for the season
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:26 pm 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:51 pm
Posts: 4875
Location: New York
RobertAP wrote:
Well, this should solidify it. The Julio Jones trade was a mistake. He has been hurt throughout his career, and he will spend most of this year on IR. Whatever the case may be about how great his potential is, if he's not in the game, he's not worth anything.

If your argument is that TD couldn't have done any better with the other picks, then your gripe is that TD sucks. That's a fair argument.


Some injuries you can't control. I'd love to give a full retort, but i'm used to your negativity. While I do believe the season is over, I'm not going to respond to some BS like this. Julio has carried the offense countless time and he'll do the same in 2014. The guy plays hurt, give him some credit. People say Pudge is bad with his negativity, but you are the absolute worst. Get a grip.

_________________
Image

R.I.P 2013 season


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julio out for the season
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:35 pm 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:15 pm
Posts: 4222
Emmitt wrote:
RobertAP wrote:
Well, this should solidify it. The Julio Jones trade was a mistake. He has been hurt throughout his career, and he will spend most of this year on IR. Whatever the case may be about how great his potential is, if he's not in the game, he's not worth anything.

If your argument is that TD couldn't have done any better with the other picks, then your gripe is that TD sucks. That's a fair argument.


Some injuries you can't control. I'd love to give a full retort, but i'm used to your negativity. While I do believe the season is over, I'm not going to respond to some BS like this. Julio has carried the offense countless time and he'll do the same in 2014. The guy plays hurt, give him some credit. People say Pudge is bad with his negativity, but you are the absolute worst. Get a grip.

This isn't me simply being negative. This makes it absolutely clear that the move was bad. It's called, "putting all of your eggs in one basket." When the basket breaks, you lose all of your eggs. This was a bad move. You don't give up two drafts to pick up one guy. Look at our offensive and defensive lines. Look at our depth. The Julio trade is a big part of why we're 1-4 this year.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julio out for the season
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:41 pm 
Offline
Draught Guru
Draught Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:32 am
Posts: 4943
Emmitt wrote:

Some injuries you can't control. I'd love to give a full retort, but i'm used to your negativity. While I do believe the season is over, I'm not going to respond to some BS like this. Julio has carried the offense countless time and he'll do the same in 2014. The guy plays hurt, give him some credit. People say Pudge is bad with his negativity, but you are the absolute worst. Get a grip.



what are you talking about, Emmitt?

SOME injuries? OMG! We had our #1 a/b whatever guy injured (thats Roddy White) because of...WHY? He know has an ankle AND and hammy now! Yipeee! We knew he was injured since preseason! Why didnt we sit him?

Then we got Julio: here is his injury history

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... t-alabama/

he f**** broke his FOOT in the combine and competed! What, are we 'shocked,shocked!?" he is injured....again?!

I sure hope you are getting some $$ for 'writing' this kinda horseshit..Look, I wont judge. I do alot of stuff I dont like for $$.
Take that sunshine sh*t somewhere else, we are 1-5, son. :ninja:

_________________
"what if there were no hypothetical situations?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julio out for the season
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:51 pm 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:57 pm
Posts: 4505
Robert Wrote
Quote:
This was a bad move. You don't give up two drafts to pick up one guy. Look at our offensive and defensive lines. Look at our depth. The Julio trade is a big part of why we're 1-4 this year.


Your opinions are always so short sighted. We're 1-4 because we haven't made the big plays when we needed to. You won't never be a happy fan with anyone, I guess the Falcons deserve you as much as anyone!!

_________________
"Everything Counts"
Cyril


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julio out for the season
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:56 pm 
Offline
Draught Guru
Draught Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:32 am
Posts: 4943
Cyril wrote:
Robert Wrote
Quote:
This was a bad move. You don't give up two drafts to pick up one guy. Look at our offensive and defensive lines. Look at our depth. The Julio trade is a big part of why we're 1-4 this year.


Your opinions are always so short sighted. We're 1-4 because we haven't made the big plays when we needed to. You won't never be a happy fan with anyone, I guess the Falcons deserve you as much as anyone!!



that is grade A horseshit, Cyril, and Im sorry you said it. :ninja:

it's a valid point. Sheesh, we go 1-5 and I am not the only one with a sandy vag. Some of y'all want to call it a dick, though.


*teed it up for you funny fellows*

good luck with that :ninja:

_________________
"what if there were no hypothetical situations?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julio out for the season
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:17 am 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:15 pm
Posts: 4222
Cyril wrote:
Robert Wrote
Quote:
This was a bad move. You don't give up two drafts to pick up one guy. Look at our offensive and defensive lines. Look at our depth. The Julio trade is a big part of why we're 1-4 this year.


Your opinions are always so short sighted. We're 1-4 because we haven't made the big plays when we needed to. You won't never be a happy fan with anyone, I guess the Falcons deserve you as much as anyone!!

You know, I was on board with this front office until the Julio Jones trade. I was one of the people who trusted TD to do the job because he and Smitty always referenced, "the system." They had a plan. That plan went out with window with the Julio Jones trade. When that happened, I started to sour on our front office. Go back and check my posts before that trade. I was calling for offensive and defensive linemen because Mike Smith's style of play required the offensive and defensive lines to be solid. I said that we were in a perfect spot to build our lines for the future and that we had all of the other tools that we needed to be successful. Instead, we threw two drafts out the window and went for a complimentary piece which would require a significant change in our game day philosophy in order to reap the benefits.

Before that trade, my big gripe was Mike Mularkey holding Matt Ryan back. Was I right about that? You still don't think so, even though Matt has evolved into one of the top 5 QBs in the league since Mularkey left. Maybe he would have done that with Mularkey, but I really doubt it. As I recall, you HATED Ryan before we got rid of Mularkey because he sucked at the deep ball, and played too scared all of the time. I said that he played that way because that's how he was coached. Now, with Mularkey gone, he's a top 5 QB. What do you think of Ryan now?

The moves made by the front office since then have screwed the future further. Instead of having, "a system," we're reacting to adversity. We're strictly a needs based drafting team, sometimes using multiple picks on a single position of need when we have many needs. All along the way, we seemingly have neglected the offensive line because Matt is great at getting the ball out quickly, or something. Our leadership no longer has a system. We are a football team adrift. We need new leadership that does have a plan and that knows how to execute that plan. Hopefully, that plan involves putting the pieces around Matt Ryan to maximize his talents.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julio out for the season
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:27 am 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:59 pm
Posts: 1152
Location: San Diego, CA
RobertAP wrote:
Well, this should solidify it. The Julio Jones trade was a mistake. He has been hurt throughout his career, and he will spend most of this year on IR. Whatever the case may be about how great his potential is, if he's not in the game, he's not worth anything.

If your argument is that TD couldn't have done any better with the other picks, then your gripe is that TD sucks. That's a fair argument.


C'mon Man, for you to say the Julio trade was not worth it because he got hurt is ridiculous, this guy is a top 5 receiver in the league and was having his best year yet until this freak injury where a screw broke lose in his foot. The problem isnt that we gave up a couple picks for Julio its what we did with the picks we had left over after the deal was over.

I mean the Redskins paid a kings ransom for RG3 and with the picks they were left with they hit on Cousins and Morris and in my opinion thats what doomed us. When you give up so much for one player you cant draft for need you have to draft the best players on the board so that the relative value of the pick surpasses the need for depth at a certain position. For example instead of taking Dent in the third we could have took Jordan Cameron because his talent level and ceiling was higher than Dent's could ever be.

Seems like Value based drafting is an idea that has not even crossed Dimitroff's mind since he has been the GM of the Falcons and for that reason I think the Falcons are in the boat that they are in now.....the not that talented across the board boat that is.

_________________
The Young Gunner


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julio out for the season
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:18 am 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:15 pm
Posts: 4222
In addition to him being hurt, there's the lack of depth on the team. There's the lack of talent on the offensive and defensive lines. These things could have (SHOULD HAVE) been addressed with the picks that we gave up to get Julio.

There's simply no way that the Julio trade could ever have been worth it. We gave up 3 starters to get our hands on one guy who will never average more than 5-9 touches per game. 5-9 touches per game cannot compare to having 2 additional top talents on the field.

And please don't make this out to be an attack on Julio... The dude is AMAZING. But again, he only touches the ball 6-9 times per game. I'm saying that what we gave up was not worth his 6-9 touches per game. Whenever he's hurt, it's like 3 people being hurt because of what we gave up to get him.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julio out for the season
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:24 am 
Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:12 pm
Posts: 6158
Location: Planet Claire
I questioned the JJ trade but have come to see it as well worth it. Any team with the injuries we have sustained this year would be showing depth problems. Holy Crow, did you not notice our LB corps MNF? I think they were one more injury away from calling Pudge into the game. What made MR and JJ "Top 5?" Quite possibly each other?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julio out for the season
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:36 am 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:51 pm
Posts: 4875
Location: New York
fun gus wrote:
Emmitt wrote:

Some injuries you can't control. I'd love to give a full retort, but i'm used to your negativity. While I do believe the season is over, I'm not going to respond to some BS like this. Julio has carried the offense countless time and he'll do the same in 2014. The guy plays hurt, give him some credit. People say Pudge is bad with his negativity, but you are the absolute worst. Get a grip.



what are you talking about, Emmitt?

SOME injuries? OMG! We had our #1 a/b whatever guy injured (thats Roddy White) because of...WHY? He know has an ankle AND and hammy now! Yipeee! We knew he was injured since preseason! Why didnt we sit him?

Then we got Julio: here is his injury history

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... t-alabama/

he f**** broke his FOOT in the combine and competed! What, are we 'shocked,shocked!?" he is injured....again?!

I sure hope you are getting some $$ for 'writing' this kinda horseshit..Look, I wont judge. I do alot of stuff I dont like for $$.
Take that sunshine sh*t somewhere else, we are 1-5, son. :ninja:


So sad how people can change moods in an instant. Obviously Atlanta has some faults by not getting receiver depth in the off-season. Still think in the end, the young talent needs time to develop and injuries have caught up to them. I have other things to worry about than reading diatribes making this team look like the Buffalo Bills.

It has been a nightmare season. It stinks, but some injuries can't be controlled. Steven Jackson's injury can't be controlled or Akeem Dent or even Sam Baker, who's been injury prone but it's been mostly back issues.

I'm not making any money on writing, always posting what I believe. Roddy is a warrior and his pride probably got the best of him during the phase. At the end of the day, I blame Dimitroff for not addressing the lack of depth at WR before ever playing either Roddy or Julio aka the two guys that you both adored last year for playing a massive role in going 13-3.

Keep on rambling on, whatever helps you sleep. The Falcons could be 5-0 right now and at least they are going down in pride. It sucks what has transpired, but they aren't tanking and the veterans aren't quitting. It's funny I've never really been an optimist, actually picked San Fran to beat Atlanta in the NFC championship last year which got a lot of people pissed at me now. Kinda weird being the optimist role or the anti narrow-minded goofball role.

Seriously might stop posting here. Unbelievable how negative things have gotten wining about injuries and blaming every little thing on every little scouting report, yet when Julio has a 1300 yard season next year. You will be adoring him.

_________________
Image

R.I.P 2013 season


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julio out for the season
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:44 am 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:15 pm
Posts: 4222
backnblack wrote:
I questioned the JJ trade but have come to see it as well worth it. Any team with the injuries we have sustained this year would be showing depth problems. Holy Crow, did you not notice our LB corps MNF? I think they were one more injury away from calling Pudge into the game. What made MR and JJ "Top 5?" Quite possibly each other?

I don't think that Julio makes MR top 5. I think that MR is top 5 because MR is top 5. He has no running game. He has no line. He has delivered when Julio has been out before. He has been delivering with Roddy banged up most of the year. Ryan is simply a great QB. Give him a decent offensive line, and the Falcons will be winning again. As long as his receivers are not total garbage, Ryan will get them the ball if he's given the time.

Keep in mind that we do have some young talent on our bench at this point. Davis and Cone have showed some flashes. Ryan has gotten them the ball. Toilolo is starting to figure into our offensive game plan more as well. I don't think that losing Julio will hurt as bad as most people think. I think that once we see how this team plays without Julio, it will become more obvious that we gave up too much for a guy that only touches the ball 6-9 times per game.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julio out for the season
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:29 am 
Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:12 pm
Posts: 6158
Location: Planet Claire
I'm not gonna beat a dead horse and I kind of loathe post mortem pontification. Once a deal is done there is not a great deal of point in going on and on with the woulda coulda shouldas but JJ touching the ball 9 times a game is over simplifying his impact and I think you know this. It is conceivable he could be in a game and get zero touches and still be quite impactful. Anybody know off the top of their head who the Browns got and how well they have done? Rough math to say the least as circumstances alters cases but having a lot of picks does not guarantee much. We had top five picks for years and years and stayed horrible.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julio out for the season
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:29 am 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:51 pm
Posts: 4875
Location: New York
backnblack wrote:
I'm not gonna beat a dead horse and I kind of loathe post mortem pontification. Once a deal is done there is not a great deal of point in going on and on with the woulda coulda shouldas but JJ touching the ball 9 times a game is over simplifying his impact and I think you know this. It is conceivable he could be in a game and get zero touches and still be quite impactful. Anybody know off the top of their head who the Browns got and how well they have done? Rough math to say the least as circumstances alters cases but having a lot of picks does not guarantee much. We had top five picks for years and years and stayed horrible.


Browns got Weeden, Marecic (fullback), and Phil Taylor nose tackle. They would get on their knees to get Julio back.

The Falcons have stayed horrible, yet they made the playoffs almost every year since 2008. Make sense coming from another ungrateful fan.

_________________
Image

R.I.P 2013 season


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julio out for the season
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:35 am 
Offline
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:03 pm
Posts: 25868
Location: North Carolina
The conditions were met to allow for the trade being worth it...

Julio made the Falcons offense "special" on their way to the NFC Championship Game last year. Julio has emerged as an elite receiver this year.

Yes, the trade hurt our depth and we're paying for it right now. But the reality is that the Falcons could have addressed their depth even had they made that trade. The issue was less about what we lost in the Jones trade, but rather what we did with the picks we did manage to retain.

While Akeem Dent has improved this year, it's clear that he was a major reach in Round 3. As I originally suggested back in 2011, the play of ILBs drafted after him (Colin McCarthy, DJ Smith, Mark Herzlich, Casey Matthews, Jacquian Williams) show that the Falcons got very little value from him. While Rodgers and Bosher were good picks, the Falcons got nothing from Andrew Jackson, and Cliff Matthews is not developing as nearly as hoped. His move to bulk up I think has reduced his effectiveness dramatically.

Then in 2012, the Falcons reached on Lamar Holmes. He may still become a solid starter for us, but the Falcons aren't getting great value for him. Bradie Ewing was a wasted pick. Massaquoi looks like he's just going to be an OK rotational player as opposed to a viable starter. Charles Mitchell was a waste, and while I think Robertson still has the potential to be a nice rotational player, the Falcons aren't getting any production from him yet.

The Falcons could have made the Jones trade and done a better job with the 11 picks they retained, as well as done a better job in free agency with addressing some of their depth problems. None of the Falcons FA signings made since the trade have worked out for them: Ray Edwards, Reggie Kelly, Vince Manuwai, and Lofa Tatupu. It's probably unfair to judge Osi and S-Jax, but thus far they have been underwhelming.

The Jones trade itself wasn't inherently bad. I see the light there. But it was all the supplemental moves made in light of the Jones trade.

_________________
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.


Last edited by Pudge on Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I wrote "was inherently bad" instead of "wasn't inherently bad"


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julio out for the season
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:57 am 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar

Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:31 pm
Posts: 3112
It's a passing league. Julio makes this offense "explosive". Anyone remember the pre-Julio days when everyone bitched that we needed to get more explosive on offense? I do. It's the same people who are bitching now that we gave up too much for Jones. :doh:

Some people bitch just to hear themselves bitch. There are a few on here, that's for sure.


Last edited by AngryJohnny51 on Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julio out for the season
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:20 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:11 pm
Posts: 4475
Location: Vancouver, WA
I'd do the Julio trade again without question. It's become the top move of Dimitroff's career here in Atlanta.

Unfortunately, it also appears that Dimitroff is also becoming well known for whiffing in the draft as well. The number of misses or reaches his regime has made are the bigger issue than the picks lost in the Julio trade.

If Dimitroff can't start getting quality talent out of his draft selections that will likely be his undoing here in Atlanta.

_________________
Fear the BEARD!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julio out for the season
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:50 am 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:57 pm
Posts: 4505
Quote:

Before that trade, my big gripe was Mike Mularkey holding Matt Ryan back. Was I right about that? You still don't think so, even though Matt has evolved into one of the top 5 QBs in the league since Mularkey left.


You said it yourself Ryan has evolved!! He's probably played better each season; and when he was ready Coach Smith got him another type Offensive Coach.....

Waiting until Julio got hurt then screaming the trade was terrible; is so immature.

I love Ryan but he's not as good as you think. We're 1-4. P.Manning, D. Breeze,
and or Tom Brady just wouldn't let that happen. Their are a lot of younger Qbs quicker and more mobile than Ryan..... He's a darn good Qb, but if he got hurt we could say the Roddy pick, and Julio trade was not worth it.

Look I've already said what I think about your posts. In the NFL you can always say things will not work out; and I'd be right since 1966.That's 47 years of being right if I just said we wouldn't win a Super Bowl.

Look you have some valid points about some of the team and also lack-luster play in the past 5 years. Ryan might be better than I think if he was on the Saints. Breeze got it done; and Ryan didn't. That's not a good enough argument for me to really believe Ryan isn't top notch. My point is to say the Julio trade was not good because of an injury is too narrow a view to take.

The past doesn't equal the future-surely you've learned that by now??

_________________
"Everything Counts"
Cyril


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julio out for the season
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:07 am 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar

Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:15 pm
Posts: 4222
Again, I didn't say that the Julio trade wasn't worth it because of THIS injury. I said that this injury should solidify the argument that the trade was a mistake. The most glaring reason for the trade being a mistake was that we traded 3 potential starters for one.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Julio out for the season
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:51 am 
Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:12 pm
Posts: 6158
Location: Planet Claire
RobertAP wrote:
Again, I didn't say that the Julio trade wasn't worth it because of THIS injury. I said that this injury should solidify the argument that the trade was a mistake. The most glaring reason for the trade being a mistake was that we traded 3 potential starters for one.

Which is a complete leap of faith. We know what we got with JJ and that was, pardon the cliche', to within ten yards of the SB. What we would have gotten on another path is unknowable and, therefore, impossible to argue for or against. I realize this is a MB a made for sort of "discussing" things endlessly and the ones which are unknowable or quantifiable lend themselves to this the most (Vick or coaching?) but, damn, the trade is done and JJ has been pretty fantastic as has the team. Only two teams have won a SB since we got him, I think, and one of them is currently worse than us.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  


cron