It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:19 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trufant?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:30 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Is Vincent Jackson just that good [probably] or is Trufant not really that good? I feel like the kid is getting beat a lot.

J. Mora JR.

Post subject: Re: Trufant?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:43 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

He's a rookie.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:45 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

He's played at a level above what you would expect of a rookie, he will only get better with time. Rookies get burnt, it comes with the territory.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:01 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

The thing that I like about Trufant and Alford is that they seem to handle it all in stride. After making a bad play, they come right back and make a good play.

And yes, Vincent Jackson is a fantastic receiver. When he's healthy, he's a top 10 receiver. It's not the least bit surprising that he'd make a rookie look like a rookie at times.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:27 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

MarylandFalcon1 wrote:
Is Vincent Jackson just that good [probably] or is Trufant not really that good? I feel like the kid is getting beat a lot.

Vincent Jackson almost had 1300 yards receiving last year. The guy is a beast, c'mon on now.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:57 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

You really almost fear having to throw a single rookie out there much less two. Recall how it seemed every time Owens hit the field you just knew his guy was about to make a grab? I think the CBs have comported themselves well and agree that they are doing well with the amnesia thing a CB has to have. It is a big step going college to pro. guys have to be developed.

On a side note, when they introduced the team before the game they began with the defense and as they called out the names the crowd almost had a collective, "Who?" They saved Babs for last. I guess he is the senior member and star of the defense now. Used to be Abe who got the big spotlight.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:43 pm 

Pretty much like everyone else has noted Trufant is a rookie and that is the bigger issue more than anything else.

We won't get a real good idea of what we have in Trufant or Alford until next year when they've had a chance to adapt to the pro game.

Both Alford & Trufant have shown some flashes of excellence though but being rookies they have plenty of bad moments as well. I think Atlanta has two solid corners in Alford & Trufant. Whether or not they are stars or perennial pro bowl talents has yet to be seen.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:16 am 
Superstar
Superstar

I feel they both want it!! That's half the battle when the season is over for rookies; do
they work to get better at their craft or do they party 3 months??

I think they've both showed themselves better than rookies. Deion got beat long as a rookie
but you new he was special from his punt returns.

Don't worry I'm not putting them with Deion, but it takes guts to make your #1 pick & 2 pick
both corner backs...... Most of our corners sit two years ; suck two; then move on. These guys are obviously better than that!!

Their going up against some great receivers every week; some just better than others. I don't see them backing down, nor beating their chest after making one play a game !!