NFR: Browns hire Kyle Shanahan as OC

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

NFR: Browns hire Kyle Shanahan as OC

Postby Pudge » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:03 pm

Now the Browns immediately become the front-runner to possibly trade for Kirk Cousins, although I'm not sure the REdskins will part ways with him except for a 1st or 2nd round pick (which I doubt the Browns would part with), nor do I think Cousins would be great in Cleveland, at least not much better than what Brian Hoyer was last year.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

backnblack
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: NFR: Browns hire Kyle Shanahan as OC

Postby backnblack » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:21 pm

Poor Browns fans. One of the most storied names in NFL history but that franchise is not the Browns. They are alive and well and living in Baltimore.

Pudge

Postby Pudge » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:20 am

If the Browns hired the right coach, I think things are looking up in Cleveland. If they can solve their QB issues, I think they have the potential to be a playoff team. They probably aren't in a position to win Super Bowls anytime soon, but I think they have the potential that they could be the sort of team Cincinnati has been in recent years as a perennial playoff contender and potentially division champ if they can continue building.

I'm imagining them them getting Johnny Manziel, building a zone-blocking run scheme under Shanahan that should be pretty effective (when has it not). They have 2 good weapons with Gordon & Cameron, and a burgeoning defense with a couple of playmakers like Haden, they certainly have the potential to be a team that is consistently above .500.

But of course, when things are supposed to go right in Cleveland, they rarely do... :so:
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

DaveWaz
Superstar
Superstar

Postby DaveWaz » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:38 pm

The Browns ownership is terrible, they change coaches and QB's every year. This year and next will be no different.
When life gives you lemons, find some salt and tequila then invite me!

Return to “The Huddle”