It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:01 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Which free agents would try to sign in free agency?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:19 pm 
I don't know what are cap space will be when free agency starts and since this is a down week for falcons till next week I though I would stir things up and try to focus what the falcon's must do to sure up positions before the draft.Which players would you try sign given are cap space or possible moves to get more cap space in free agency.
One other thing maybe rank the players according to position a minimum of 2 players at the position.We need offensive linemen(guards,tackles,center)maybe another running back to groom,a recevier etc etc ...I know this is a large question may take some research.The Huddle report hopefully will have something on this coming up as well as some other sites but it is a slow week.

Off the top of my head without researching Ryan Diem off tackle colts,the guard from green bay would be at the front of my list.I doubt Jonas Jennings will be available like walter jones but the seahawks will have to let someone go(alexander,Jones and I think Hasselbeck) are free agents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:32 am 
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

I'm working on cap updates so we can speculate a little better.

However, I'm thinking some solid young role players and definitely make a run at Ryan Diem for left tackle...

Post subject: Thanks Capologist
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:28 am 
Thanks capologist! I would be estatic if we got Diem

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:22 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I would prefer the team to draft an OT. Diem and Tom Ashworth are the only FAs at OT that I think would be a worth a damn. But I'm not sure the team should go after either. I don't think anybody we sign is going to be an upgrade over Weiner. Maybe Shaffer, but considering Diem is a naturally RT as is Ashworth, them playing on the left side I don't think would help much.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Diem is right tackle I thought so
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:45 pm 
I thought Diem was a right tackle also with the colts.I don't think we can take upgrading the offensive line to lightly.In a fantasy world we really need 2 tackles,center and a guard.I think we could get a tackle in free agency in Diem(,a draft pick 3rd or 4th round at left tackle and a free agent guard.So we are looking at 3 players to replace 4 positions anything less I will be disappointed.Keeping Vick healthy is crucial and if we only get 2 of those then management is saying we don't care about Vick's health.We saw how badly Weiner looked against Carolina(peppers may him look terrible).Shaffer should be the first to go since it is Vick's strong side,he rolls out that way alot more than to Weiner side.

We can't invest over 100 million in a QB and give him a 10 cent line.Arthur has got to fix this and bring in 3 new people on offensive line.The defense can't be neglected either and I expect our 1st and 2nd picks in draft to be defense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:38 pm 
Former FRN Affiliate
Former FRN Affiliate

I think you guys will go after Mushin Muhammed, if he's available!