Chris Simms-critical condition

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

FalconAwesome
Starter
Starter

Chris Simms-critical condition

Postby FalconAwesome » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:17 pm

Chris Simms per Tampa Tribune listed in critical condition -he was rushed to the hospital after the game. Played hard in the loss hope he will be okay.

BirdBrain
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

Re: Chris Simms-critical condition

Postby BirdBrain » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:23 pm

FalconAwesome wrote:Chris Simms per Tampa Tribune listed in critical condition -he was rushed to the hospital after the game. Played hard in the loss hope he will be okay.

Peter King just reported that he "wasn't in critical condition", that he was taken to the hospital as a precaution...so that is some good news!!! Now if he can survive Gruden , though he did pick up his game a bit today. He took some wicked hits.

FalconAwesome
Starter
Starter

Postby FalconAwesome » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:26 pm

Hopefully not critical and just dealing with heat related issues (dehydration) BB that would and hopefully is good news.

FalconAwesome
Starter
Starter

Postby FalconAwesome » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:39 pm

Simms has spleen removed and a blood transfusion but mom says he is doing okay and no serious danger. Hopefully good news. From Peter King at SI.

BirdBrain
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

Postby BirdBrain » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:40 pm

FalconAwesome wrote:Hopefully not critical and just dealing with heat related issues (dehydration) BB that would and hopefully is good news.

Turns out it was his spleen. It was removed and he is resting . He will be ok according to his mother...

Wease
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Wease » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:19 pm

Wow.

W
Fantasy League Champion 2010
Pick Em Co-Champion 2011

We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude. We forge our tradition in the spirit of our ancestors. You have our gratitude.

BirdBrain
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

Postby BirdBrain » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:57 pm

They are reporting he is likely done for the year. I know i was a little rough on him, as most of us were, but the kid showed some guts staying in the game after quite a few brutal hits, one of which ruptured his spleen. Bleeding internally and still leads a TD drive....he has my respect!!!

dirtybirdnw

Postby dirtybirdnw » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:58 pm

Wow... I would hate to be a Bucs offensive lineman tonight.
Fear the BEARD!

dirtybirdnw

Postby dirtybirdnw » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:02 pm

BirdBrain wrote:They are reporting he is likely done for the year. I know i was a little rough on him, as most of us were, but the kid showed some guts staying in the game after quite a few brutal hits, one of which ruptured his spleen. Bleeding internally and still leads a TD drive....he has my respect!!!

According to ESPN it likely happend in the 2nd quarter when Simms suffered a series of brutal hits. The Doctor that ESPN questioned stated that typical recovery is 6 weeks so Simms may return this year.

Playing 2 quarters with a ruptured spleen? I guess people can stop questioning his manhood and toughness and start banging on the Bucs O-Line.
Fear the BEARD!

BirdBrain
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

Postby BirdBrain » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:23 pm

dirtybirdnw wrote:
BirdBrain wrote:They are reporting he is likely done for the year. I know i was a little rough on him, as most of us were, but the kid showed some guts staying in the game after quite a few brutal hits, one of which ruptured his spleen. Bleeding internally and still leads a TD drive....he has my respect!!!

According to ESPN it likely happend in the 2nd quarter when Simms suffered a series of brutal hits. The Doctor that ESPN questioned stated that typical recovery is 6 weeks so Simms may return this year.

Playing 2 quarters with a ruptured spleen? I guess people can stop questioning his manhood and toughness and start banging on the Bucs O-Line.

I have seen in most conditions where there is a removal of the spleen, a 6-8 week recovery to go back to work. But playing football is another thing. I would bet he is done for the year, especially now that it looks like the same can be said for the Bucs.

BirdBrain
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

Postby BirdBrain » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:49 am

ridethemattrain
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby ridethemattrain » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:31 am

i had to work during the noon wave of games, so on every break, i was rushing outside to listen to the updates on ESPN radio on my XM. at one point during the TB highlights, Ditka joked that Simms should get a lawyer and file a suit againts the TB O-line, because they are so bad...maybe Simms should actually consider that now...

BirdBrain
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

Postby BirdBrain » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:01 am

ridethemattrain wrote:i had to work during the noon wave of games, so on every break, i was rushing outside to listen to the updates on ESPN radio on my XM. at one point during the TB highlights, Ditka joked that Simms should get a lawyer and file a suit againts the TB O-line, because they are so bad...maybe Simms should actually consider that now...

Speaking of "Ditka"....did anyone catch the Pregame show with him and Ron Jaworski (SP), where Ditka said that Mark Brunell was washed up and should be benched. Ron was really pissed and said, " Coach, are you crazy???", then Brunell goes out and hits 22 straight for a new NFL consectutive pass completion record.......ahhhhhh the experts!!!!

Birdman
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Birdman » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:51 am

BirdBrain wrote:
ridethemattrain wrote:i had to work during the noon wave of games, so on every break, i was rushing outside to listen to the updates on ESPN radio on my XM. at one point during the TB highlights, Ditka joked that Simms should get a lawyer and file a suit againts the TB O-line, because they are so bad...maybe Simms should actually consider that now...

Speaking of "Ditka"....did anyone catch the Pregame show with him and Ron Jaworski (SP), where Ditka said that Mark Brunell was washed up and should be benched. Ron was really pissed and said, " Coach, are you crazy???", then Brunell goes out and hits 22 straight for a new NFL consectutive pass completion record.......ahhhhhh the experts!!!!

That is funny, to turn the tide on an 'expert'. But in Ditka's defense, what evidence was there to the contrary that Brunell was washed up? He did look old, slow and aweful the previous week(s).
There's no question about that!

ridethemattrain
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby ridethemattrain » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:28 am

BirdBrain wrote:

he was playing Houston....

BirdBrain
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

Postby BirdBrain » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:00 am

ridethemattrain wrote:
BirdBrain wrote:

he was playing Houston....

Then he lost...lol :lol:

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Postby Pudge » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:02 pm

I'm a Pitt alum, but I realize Ditka is an idiot, and is about the most misinformed of all the so-called experts on ESPN, even more so than Salisbury and Jeremy Green.

This guy is only up there because he has a very likeable personality and of course is a football icon, not because anything that ever comes out of his mouth contributes to the body of human knowledge.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

widetrak21
Superstar
Superstar

Postby widetrak21 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:52 am

Just an fyi, Bryan Randall's down in Tampa trying out.
Good is the Worst Enemy of Great

Return to “The Huddle”