It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:18 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Eagles looking to trade for recevier,maybe Price!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:37 am 

Falcons | Eagles Liking Price
Fri, 12 Aug 2005 19:42:11 -0700

Bob McGinn, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports the Philadelphia Eagles are reportedly looking to trade for a wide receiver, and Atlanta Falcons WR Peerless Price could be one of their potential trade candidates. The Trenton (N.J.) Times reported Thursday, August 11, that the Eagles are looking into which wide receivers could be available and what it would take to acquire one. Philadelphia has a pair of extra fourth-round selections in the 2006 draft and leads the National Football League in available cap room at $10.916 million.

This opened my eyes when I saw this.My question would you trade Price for 2 fourth rounders?Watching Price in the first game he is out to prove the critics wrong and made a few catches that last year dropped.We have White,Finneran,Jenkins and Roddy White.Also if Price comes back to be near the recevier he was that would give philly more than they have now even without TO.Philly can win without TO and Price could really help them.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:53 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

thescout wrote:
My question would you trade Price for 2 fourth rounders?

Not at this point. The cap hit that would result would be too big for the Falcons to swallow. That would result in eating $3.5 million more than we currently are set to absorb if Price is on the roster.

Right now, I do believe the Falcons have only 2 options with Price:

1) Keep him through the season and deal with it in February.
2) Cut their losses now and hope that Jenkins/White step things up this year.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:02 pm 

Price's future still seems to be up in the air. I still believe that the Falcons will find it hard to justify keeping him at his current salary if he is not a starter. Not when the Falcons can reap such good savings ($2 million) by releasing him.

I think the unexpected surprise in all of this may be Brian Finneran. If Finneran plays well over the next few weeks, the team will have more cause to release Price, because they feel Finneran and/or Dez White are capable enough to provide the veteran leadership at the position. It would seem that Finneran and Jenkins are the only players that are guaranteed a certain level of playing time this year based on their ability on special teams.

I'm not sure. If I had to look at it right now, I would say that Price's chances of staying are stronger than I initially expected considering he's still working with the 2nd team. I think the coaching staf wants to see him succeed, but I really htink the salary cap could prohibit that. The team would have to do more to make room for Price under the cap than it would seem to simply dump him.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:51 pm 

I don't foresee the Falcons dealing Price; at least not this season. Like it or not both Jenkins and Roddy are unproven and Price is still the "best" (as laughable as that is) receiver on this team. Not only that Price has really come out to prove everyone wrong about him.

Don't forget also that the league is currently headed towards an un-capped 07 season which would likely result in many teams unloading their overpriced players that would result in a large cap hit. Unless of course a new CBA is worked out prior to 2007.

The only way Atlanta deals Price is if a team offers them a crazy package.

Post subject: Price trade
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:10 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

There is no way I would go for this deal. As was stated it is the eagles!, and they have already knocked us out of the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years. You are also giving Price over to a team that very well may have T.O. again and that means he gets dangerous. Look at what he did with the Bills when Moulds was in and getting all the double teams. I would never give the slick little bugger to them for another such combo. I think Price excels when teams focus on a real 'threat' wideout, but as we have seen he just can't be a 'go to guy' or #1 option.