It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:34 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thoughts on the game?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:07 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

For those that saw this past weekend's game against the Ravens (I did not :( ), what did you think?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:33 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

was good small steps but i like how we are moving foward
big plus in the def so far kickin game is good so far but i still a little question about the o line but so far so good another big test this friday against tenn

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:59 pm 

The offensive line is dissapointing me this pre-season. If the O-Line pays like it did against Baltimore Vick will be running for his life and not because he wants too. I must say I'm impressed with the strides Vick has made in his game. He is looking downfield and not at the on coming pass rushers and clearly isn't thinking "run first."

Most impressive so far have been the rookies Beck, Boley, Babineaux, and Davis. All four players have motors that don't quick and they are show their ball hawking abilities. If nothing else our already great special teams got a little better. Bab's is looking like a mini-Coleman in his ability to get to the Quarterback; granted it's against #2 units.

Lastly the most impressive receiver by far IMO has been Manger. He's getting things done not only as a receiver but as a kick returner. I think he'll get a roster spot, especially with Vick showing him some love in the media.

Post subject: Game
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:14 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I watched the game on NFL network and have to agree with Dirty. Davis has looked very strong in both games IMO.

As for Magner, he was everything Dirty says and a bag of chips. When I listened to Mora's press con on Monday he talked some on Cole and even said he and the coaches had 'joked' (but I think it was kind of serious) about playing Magner as a CB. They said the wideout packages are so huge that they doubted he could do us much good this year with them, but that they were really looking for a way to make him a value to the team.

MF1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:17 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I like how Vick is actually setting his feet. Last year he'd hop around like a scared cat, so far this preseason Vick has set his feet before he threw. He's also actually looking downfield once he starts scrambling which is new for him. I hope he keeps making stride because the moment teams have to respect his arm to our offense will be quite potent.