It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:39 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Price's ribs....
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:44 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Peerless took a shot to the rib's last night and it's also being reported that he suffered a mild concussion on the play. Does this pretty much insure a Rowdy Roddy White / Michael Jenkins starting lineup against Philly?

My personal opinion is it's time to get these young players involved and get them some experience. Rowdy Roddy is a play maker according to Mora, and Jenkins is a big target, though his hands are starting to become suspect. Crumpler will still be the number one target, and Griffith and Dunn are more than capable release valves.

Post subject: Price
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:26 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Mora in his aftergame interview said that Price did have a mild concussion, some rib bruises and maybe some slight cartlidge damage but he called him a 'warrior' and said he was having a great camp. He also said there was no reason that he wouldn't play on Thursday. So I guess you can take what you want from that.

Also, Mora was REALLY not happy with TJ. He gave him a tiny bit of credit for that one score, but otherwise said he was running into too many white jerseys and that he needs to get it together and show some improvement. Ouch, not sure what to think about that but Mora looked like he wanted to cut the guy right in front of the media.

MF1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:42 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

well we won't be any worse with or without peerless anyway so I don't really care if he plays or not. I didn't hear Mora way that about Duckett, but I don't doubt it. Mora has gotten to where he'll call players out in the media. Honestly I don't think it's a great idea but he's the coach and I am not so we'll see how it works out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:08 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Quote:
Mora has gotten to where he'll call players out in the media. Honestly I don't think it's a great idea but he's the coach and I am not so we'll see how it works out.

I agree. Calling out players in the media is kind of a last resort for motivation in my book. It's hit or miss, the player gets it and works harder or resents it and turns into locker room cancer. Dangerous tactics for sure on Mora Jr.'s part.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:07 pm 
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

I'm definitely going to have to check out that presser...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:18 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

T.J. has never had a good summer here in Atlanta. He's really been a 2nd half (of the season) player. Like Ray Buchanan, Dunn, and some other past Falcons, it seems that it takes him a summer and about half the regular season before he's ready to go. In T.J.'s case, I do think the weight isn't helping. Dropping 10-15 pounds in the off-season I think can only make him a better player. I look at Ricky Williams, and excusing his antics over the past 12 months, him getting down to 220-225 range really made him such a better runner. Duckett doesn't need to drop that much weight, but being close to 240 I think will make him so much better.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:09 pm 

Good or bad I think Duckett has motivational issue in that he's behind Dunn. They make it sound like they are brothers and there are no problems. But deep down I'm sure Duckett isn't happy about being the #2 guy. Some players that motivates and other players get complacent; Duckett got complacent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:42 pm 

I suspect Duckett is a player that as soon as he has a big year, he's going to start being a malcontent. He hasn't thus far, because he doesn't have any leverage in forcing a trade because he has only turned it on for a few weeks at a time.

The time is now for Duckett to step up. I was impressed with him last year, he showed vast improvement IMO. But he's still not quite there were I can say with confidence he's our #1 RB.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:56 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I really like the way Duckett runs and I think he could be a good #1 rb given the right circumstances. I don't think he can carry a team, but if he gets enough carries he can be a factor. It takes him a while to get into a rhythm in a game, and him sharing carries with Dunn keeps him from doing that. Not that I am suggesting that we sit Dunn, but Duckett will never live up to his potential spelling Dunn. The thing that I like about Duckett is that all of last year he got tackled for a loss twice. He always manages to move the ball at least a little. I think he could benefit from dropping some weight, but I don't really see him doing that.
With all of that said, looking into my crystal ball, I don't see Duckett staying with the team much longer. I think either this off season or next well draft a RB to replace Dunn (he's getting old...) and then we'll push TJ out as well. I would rather see us get ine back that can carry the ball 25-30 times a game and be a well rounder player than to see us use a 2 back system. If TJ can learn to catch and block too then maybe he'll stick around but I don't see it happening.