It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:09 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Vick looked very good against a top flight defense.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:43 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Jacksonville has one of the best D's in the NFL and Vick looked great. I am very impressed with our offense as of today, and Jenkins did a good job. I'm sure some people will be pissy about the pass that skipped of his fingertips & got picked that Schaub threw but I could care less about what our starters do when Schaub is in.

The defense didn't look great but we were missing some starters so I wasn't as concerned. Anyways, just wanted to chime in as this first half got me very pumped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:58 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

i dont know about JAX one of the best DEF in the leag however Vick did look good and i was impressed with our DEF and finally peterson made some kicks over all i have to give the first half a B +

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:09 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I feel like a complete idiot. I totally forgot about the game, as I was distracted by other things. I didnt' turn on the game until 10 PM, halfway through the 3rd quarter. Someone should confiscate my Falcon Fan ID Card. :oops:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:25 am 
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

Shame on ya Pudge! Vick seems to have really progressed with his decision making this preseason. Hopefully, it cares over to the regular season...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:33 am 

Most importantly is that we didn't allow a sack all night and Dunn ran wild. Either Jax is vastly overrated in pass rushing or our O-line did a hellva job. I couldn't see the game live out here.

Also Jenkins had his coming out party.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:11 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

Well said DB... the running game was sick last night. What about that counter with Dunn and the block by Crumpler! The line looked really good last night... and I would say that Jacksonville's front 7 are top flight.

I also was relieved to see a Falcon kicker actually put balls right b/t the pipes with consistency

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:38 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I agree with Dirty, Jenks play very well. A couple very good catches, nevermind that missed catch for an INT, its not like Price woldve had it.

If Jenkins keeps playing like this Price wont get his job back. But Jenks needs to show me consistency first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:33 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

That counter play was beautiful. I was very happy with the way our offense palyed. I think Jenks looked a lot better. I still am a little worried about our WR's, but they should at the least be better than last year. Vick showed me a lot. I could see him making reads downfield, and he used his legs as a last resort. (and what a wonderful last resort it is) The fact that we ran so well against a team that is supposed to be stout against the run excitied me as well. I cannot wait until Sept 12!!!!!!!!