It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:06 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Falcons Sign 4, Release 4.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:21 am 
Veteran
Veteran

Atlanta announced today that they have signed 4 players from waivers and released 4 players.

The players we released are:
Jonte Buhl CB
Junior Glymph DE
Marlion Jackson RB
Etric Pruitt S

The players that we signed are:
Ben Claxton OG
Omare Lowe S
Benard Thomas DE
Leigh Torrence CB

What do you guys think about these roster moves?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:28 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I thought Jackson looked like a beast against Miami, and Buhl was good all preseason for the most part. Surprising moves, must be something we don't know (attitude or something).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:14 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I'm going to continue to scratch my head on how the team cuts Etric Pruitt, but keeps Kevin McCadam. Sure, McCadam is a valuable player on ST, but so is Pruitt, and plus Pruitt actually offers potential as a dime back. McCadam has proven time and time again that he doesn't deserve to be on that field.

Amongst the players we picked up, I really only see Claxton as a halfway decent addition.

Lowe has bounced around the league the past 3 years, which tells me he won't last long here in Atlanta. Torrence and Thomas are decent undrafted prospects, but I'm not sure they are better options than Glymph/Buhl.

I really wanted to see Buhl and Pruitt make the team. I think they deserved to make the team. But now the team throws that away, just so they can give these other guys an "extended" tryout.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:32 pm 
Starter
Starter

I really liked Jackson with his size-and he seemed to hit the hole well. Buhl seemed to played pretty well too. I guess we wait and see. I hope we sure up our secondary somehow. Any word on Beasley???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:33 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Since we kept so many running backs, you had to figure one of them would be gone, but I want to know who is left. I mean, isn't if you are a veteran or something you don't have to go through waivers or something? I could be wrong, but what other FA are out there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:34 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Oh, this is from atlantafalcons.com.

The Atlanta Falcons announced today that they have claimed four players off waivers and released four others from the team.

The Falcons claimed G Ben Claxton (Pittsburgh Steelers), S Omare Lowe (Seattle Seahawks), DE Benard Thomas (Jacksonville Jaguars) and CB Leigh Torrence (Green Bay Packers).

Claxton, 6-2, 301 pounds, attended the University of Mississippi and has spent two seasons with the Berlin Thunder in NFL Europe since being selected in the fifth round of the 2003 NFL Draft by the Denver Broncos.

Lowe, 6-1, 195 pounds, attended the University of Washington and is a three-year veteran who has seen action in six games since being selected in the fifth round of the 2002 NFL Draft by the Miami Dolphins.

Thomas, 6-4, 263 pounds, was a two-year starter at Nebraska and was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Jacksonville Jaguars on April 24, 2005.

Torrence, 6-0, 183 pounds, was a three-year starter at Stanford and was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Green Bay Packers on April 29, 2005.

The Falcons released CB Jonte Buhl, DE Junior Glymph, RB Marlion Jackson and S Etric Pruitt in order to make room for the additions.

The team will announce their eight-man practice squad on Monday, September 5.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:49 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
I'm going to continue to scratch my head on how the team cuts Etric Pruitt, but keeps Kevin McCadam. Sure, McCadam is a valuable player on ST, but so is Pruitt, and plus Pruitt actually offers potential as a dime back. McCadam has proven time and time again that he doesn't deserve to be on that field.

I could not possibly agree more Pudge!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:21 pm 
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

The only thing I can come up with is they reached the conclusion that Pruitt wasn't the answer they wanted and McCadam was better in special teams.

This gives the team the opportunity to take a look at Lowe and knowing what he can do and go into the draft with an idea of how big a need safety is for us...

Post subject: Cuts
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:41 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

How can any of these guys be better than the ones we cut? I mean really, you know these guys didn't get the kind of attention and looks that you give your own guys in training camp. Who is out there scouting these guys? Buhl really upsets me, I saw flashes in the guy that I really liked.

MF1