It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:47 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Panthers' DT Kris Jenkins Torn ACL-out for season
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:47 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

During the game against the Saints, Jenkins went for a tackle of the Panthers RB and missed. He fell on the ground grabbing his knee & left the field. He came back in the second half with his knee taped up and a brace on it He then got double teamed & fell to the ground again. They took him out & you just knew it wasn't good, and the report today on Monday QB is that he tore his ACL. Tough break.

Post subject: Jenkins
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:03 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

You hate to see any player go down, but this does help our case for NFC South Champ. I watched the game and the guy got taped and played on it, so you have to give him some props for heart.

MF1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:21 pm 

The kitties just can't get a break can they? The injury bug is already making a full assault on them just like last year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:23 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

The triple threat of Jenkins, Peppers, and Rucker is the one advantage the Panthers hold over the Falcons. If all three players are playing well, then the Panthers are the stronger team and is basically impossible for them to beat us. We've never faced all 3 of them playing well at the same time. Last year, it was Peppers. In '03, it was Jenkins and Rucker.

Kindal Moorehead will step in and is a talented player, but it remains to be seen if he can hold up vs. the run as well as Jenkins did. He didn't last year.

You're right, you don't wish injury on anybody, but this is definitely a blessing in regards to our team. On paper/reality, the Panthers are no longer the strongest team.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:53 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

It's a shame really, I like watching Jenkins play. I was ready for him to come back and regain his title as best DT in the league. It does make life easier for the Falcons though. Rucker and Bucker are getting older and Peppers can't do it by himself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:25 pm 
Starter
Starter

Steve-O wrote:
Peppers can't do it by himself.

I don't know about that man, Peppers scares the crap out of me. Guys his size should not be able to move as fast as he does. One other note, I heard on one of the Fox broadcast last year about Fox wanting to use Peppers as a WR in the redzone, anyone heard any more about them using him like that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:49 pm 

Didn't Peppers catch a touchdown against us last year?

Edit: Correction Peppers did lineup against us in the Endzone but did not make the catch. He did however havea 60-yard fumble return for a TD in the 2nd game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:13 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I will not dispute Pepper's ability but he cannot beat us by himself. With Jenkins gone he will be that much easier to handle. So long Wiener doesn't get drug down the line again we'll be fine.