It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:52 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: So you know
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:03 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

To all of you Falcfans members that took us refugees of ESPN in I think I should warn you. I HATE B.Scott. I blame most of our secondary miscues on him. He is to blame for all of those deep passes due to playaction. He cannot read anything and he looks lost 99% of the time. The only thing he does well is support the run.

He is too slow IMO to be playing centerfield in a stupid ass zone scheme. Safety has been a top priority need for us for years now and IMO moving Scott to FS just makes it worse. Sadly the reason we probably moved him to FS is because Carp lost alot of his speed and cant play center anymore.

I'm giving Scott one last chance TONITE! I'll see how he does and decide if I should go down to the ATL and physically remove him from this team.

Man......wheres Dante when I need him :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:42 pm 

Scott always has been and always will be a hitter. He moved around positions at Penn State because they could never find anything he fit well. Scott is tweener that needs someone to mold him into a position. So far all we have done is flip him between the two safety spots. He does remind me too much of Ray-Ray.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:47 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Well in our sceme the FS plays up on the line and the SS plays back. We basically just flip the positions. Carpenter might not be fast but you don't have to be fast to play centerfield if you have good recognition skills and good anticipation which I think Carpenter has. Scott wasn't to blame for all of the miscues last year, Cory Hall had his fair share of mistakes too. Scott was still young last year and learning a new position. I think he will play better this year than last, especailly since he will spend a lot of his time in the box acting as a fourth linebacker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:39 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

I still feel we need to add a couple of safties and a cover corner to this secondary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:47 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

i agree our secondary is the weakness of our team, has been for years, even when deion played here. HOWEVER, i'm going to have to flag you for 15 yards, unnecessary rougness Dirty. comparing anyone to "bigplay" Ray is a personal foul.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:09 pm 

GSUTeke wrote:
i agree our secondary is the weakness of our team, has been for years, even when deion played here. HOWEVER, i'm going to have to flag you for 15 yards, unnecessary rougness Dirty. comparing anyone to "bigplay" Ray is a personal foul.

Lol... That was classic. I do see the similarities that are too obvious though. Scott likes to bite and bite hard just like Ray did. He's also an all or nothing type of player and hasn't shown me the patience required of a safety.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:39 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Dirty, starting to see the light?

If Scott is going to play center tonight we are in trouble cause the iggs like to use playaction when going deep to TO. Scott WILL bite on it every time and that could cost us and cost us big. I really, really hope that if we double TO Scott is not involved in that.