Roddy White is now concerned with goose eggs

All things related to the Atlanta Falcons, NFL and pro football related.
AngryJohnny51

Roddy White is now concerned with goose eggs

Postby AngryJohnny51 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:00 am

Surprised it took this long....

"For me, at the end of the day, I want to catch passes," White told ESPN.com. "I'm not out here just f---ing around just to sit around to just block f---ing people all day. It's not what I want to do.

"I've contributed to offenses for this franchise for the last nine, 10 years. It always bothers me when I go out and don't catch any balls in a game because it hasn't happened in so long."

PS - anybody still post here?

RobertAP

Re: Roddy White is now concerned with goose eggs

Postby RobertAP » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:59 pm

I still post here. Don't know why Roddy hasn't been targeted. We'll have to ask Matt what's up.

AngryJohnny51

Postby AngryJohnny51 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:11 pm

I think it's more of a Shanahan thing. Julio first, Hank second, RB third and Rowdy fourth on the progression reads.

Robert I think we're the last two standing here....

RobertAP

Postby RobertAP » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:00 am

Cyril took off, thinking that Pudge said that he was quitting or something. I believe that Pudge, Emmitt, and Cappy are still around.

Yulin

Postby Yulin » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:06 pm

Still around.

Roddy of course "retracted" that today, http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/07/roddy-white-says-hes-not-disgruntled-about-role-with-falcons/. We'll see what happens, but I'm not worried - what do you expect from a 34 year old Receiver when he has Jones on the other side?

Davewaz

Postby Davewaz » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:14 pm

I think there are about 5 posters left at this point lol, anyways, Roddy's toast,,,,,,,,,,,

RobertAP

Postby RobertAP » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:32 pm

I don't think that Roddy is toast. I think that he can still contribute plenty, but as AJ51 said, he's the 4th target. That said, as the season moves forward, that 4th target might start getting more work. People are obviously scheming to take away Jones. They might also work on taking away Freeman. That will leave Hankerson and Roddy. (or Hankerson and Tamme)

Pudge
Site Admin

Postby Pudge » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:42 pm

Roddy's comments are no big deal. But he's mostly frustrated that the team isn't forcing him the ball like they did last year, which is why he still managed to produce despite being the 4th best WR on the roster.

Until Hester gets back, he's currently the 3rd best WR...so he has room to complain. :lol:

Cyril

Postby Cyril » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:09 am

First time I've come by to check the boards. No I didn't leave because I thought Pudge left, Pudge himself said (I think) that
he had less time!! That's not a reason. I had been on the Roost about 6-7 years when I thought I wanted to come here, and post here.

I stayed two years. Actually I thought The team would be worse and I did anticipate less action here this year, so that did help make
my decision to go back to the Roost easy. I've never downed the Roost here, nor this site at the Roost!! I loved it here while I was here!!

In fact posting with Pudge is really fun, because he never gives up even jf he knows he's wrong!! (the deal about linemen not being as important) or whatever the slur about the line not being important as some other part of the team!! I understand he can make it sound like he believes it!!

If I can give my 2 cents on the Roddy issue, I think the team is stupid for not playing him on every play in the red zone!! He showed Thursday he could go up and catch a Td Pass from there. Julio will always probably have health issues because his legs are so delicate
he hurts them just from running!! I even think Roddy would do much better than the guy with hands of stone. I feel A guy like Roddy
should be given a fair chance. He hasn't been, while the team screams we need a receiver, that's a typical Falcon response. They Scream!!

Roddy can't be toast because of the T.D. he showed us, and he hasn't been open for years or fast, throw the ball up there and he'll get more of his share. Even after his T.D. catch not a word from. much of anybody ( I didn't roam the site, just saw this heading).

Thanks Guys,

Cyril

Pudge
Site Admin

Postby Pudge » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:56 am

Linemen aren't that important. Basically there are two pretty fairly consistent and strict rules about team-building. You need to have a competent to good QB, and you need to have a competent to good defense. The rest of the roster is pretty fluid, which includes the OL. There are no hard and fast rules that suggest you need to have a particularly gifted RB, WR, TE, or OL. Now I certainly believe having a strong OL is a better way of building because it can help better compensate for other deficiencies more than having good skill position players does (RB, WR, TE). But there are plenty of successful teams over the years that have had lackluster or average OLs. And all one has to do is look at any Bruce Arians-coached offense and know that having a bad OL doesn't hold back a QB as much as people think it does.

But in the case of Matt Ryan, he does need a good OL because he doesn't handle a muddy pocket particularly well, because he doesn't have the arm strength to fit passes into tight windows if he can't step into his throws.

Return to “The Huddle”