McFlabb - 53% & 5.7ypa

Vick - 52% & 6.8ypa

McFlabb - 257 total yards 1 td 3 to's

Vick - 224 total yards 1 td 3 to's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:39 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

And McNabb is considered a top flight QB while Vick is a RB....stupid trolls...LMFAO!!!!

There is no denying Vick is a top flight QB, especially when you throw in his ability to break huge runs and how that opens up our running game. I wouldn't trade Vick for Peyton Manning, Brady, or anyone else. Why? Because the guy is just fun to watch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:12 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

Add to that the fact the Falcons got four times the rushing yardage of Philly. Vicks numbers begin to look much more impressive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:21 pm 

The_Incomparable wrote:
And McNabb is considered a top flight QB while Vick is a RB....stupid trolls...LMFAO!!!!

There is no denying Vick is a top flight QB, especially when you throw in his ability to break huge runs and how that opens up our running game. I wouldn't trade Vick for Peyton Manning, Brady, or anyone else. Why? Because the guy is just fun to watch.

I'm going to get lambasted for this but.... If I could deal Vick for Manning I'd do it in a heartbeat. Manning is the ONLY player I'd trade Vick for though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:04 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Keep in mind Harrison was in Indy before Manning was & they brought in James the next year if I remember correctly. I personally think Manning is a bit overrated only because he has so much talent around him. I do think their coaches do an excellent job of scheming their pass blocking & also he does a good job of audibling away from blitzes. That is something I think Vick does need to work on honestly. I still wouldn't trade Vick for anyone just because he is so much fun to watch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:03 pm 

Actually Harrison didn't really put up good numbers until Manning came onto the scene. 99 Was Harrison's break out year (1600+ Yards and 12 TD's) which was also Manning's sophomore season.

Before that Harrison never cracked 900 yards or double digit TD's. Since Manning he's never had less then 1000 yards or double digit touchdowns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:00 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Marvin Harrison's stats:
1996 (rookie year)
64 catches
836 yards
8 TD's

1997 stats
73 catches
866 yards
6 TD's

1998 (Manning's rookie year)
59 catches
776 yards
7 TD's

1999 (James' rookie year - 1500+ yards & 13 TD's for Edge)
115 catches
1663 yards
12 TD's

I really don't need to spell this out but I will anyways. As you can see the player who had the biggest impact on Marvin's numbers was Edge. Once Edge came to the Colts the offense exploded for everyone. Also, what the numbers show is that Harrison was a very solid #1 to begin with, but was mired down by a poor QB. Yes, Harrison has benefitted from Manning in many ways, but it's obvious Harrison would have been the same player had he been playing with any of the top QB's in the league because he was that player to begin with.

Also, if you dig deeper you'll see that Manning's QB rating flopped to below 90 after James got hurt & the year after when James was still nursing the knee. Plus his TD's dropped by almost 10 each year that James was not his normal self. I don't think Manning is terribly overrated, I just think very few QB's have been surrounded by so much talent on the offensive side of the ball.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:10 pm 

Of course our whole argument is a moot point anyways. Seeing as we are arguing that a good running game is the reason that Manning is so good. Well the Falcons have the best running game in the NFL.

Pot - Kettle - Black

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:58 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I wouldn't trade Vick for Manning, unless Harrison was part of the trade. Not to say that Manning and Harrison aren't among the best at thier positions, but basically they are so good because they work so well together. They are telepathic practically. If Harrison left Indy last year as a a FA, then he would not put up anywhere close to the same level of production. The same with Manning. He wouldn't connect as well with another team's top receiver as well as he does with Harrison.

But if I was going to trade Vick for another QB in this league, I would definitely look at Tom Brady, who IMO works well with a lot of receivers. McNabb would definitely be on the list to consider. Culpepper would also be a consideration.

There are a lot of QBs if we had would run this offense better than Vick. But trading Vick would mean we'd have to face him, and I think it would be hard for me to do that just for the fear of seeing him on the opposite side of the field. :shock:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:20 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

dirtybirdnw wrote:
Of course our whole argument is a moot point anyways. Seeing as we are arguing that a good running game is the reason that Manning is so good. Well the Falcons have the best running game in the NFL.

Pot - Kettle - Black

That would be a great argument if Vick wasn't largely responsible for our "best" running game in the NFL...which it isn't. KC has the best running game without question, closely followed by San Diego, Seattle, and maybe New Orleans. Carolina's is also top notch when Davis is healthy. I probably left a couple teams out, but our running game isn't even top 5 without Vick....and Vick running hurts the passing game due to lack of attempts and other obvious probabilities I won't even mention.