It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:48 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hasselbeck is shaking in his cleats....
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:28 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Quote:
Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck wasn't concerned about the ancillary issues surrounding the Falcons-Eagles game; he was too taken with the Falcons' level of play, he said.

"This looks like a much better Falcons team than we saw eight months ago," said Hasselbeck, whose Seahawks defeated the Falcons 28-26 in the 2004 regular-season finale. "They look very impressive, and I'd have to say that they look like the favorites to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl right now."

Sounds like he doesn't have much faith in his own team... maybe that's why the Seahawks have disappointed the past few seasons. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:03 pm 

The team doesn't have much faith in Hasselbeck either. What I love is that the media is so quick to point out how the Seahawks beat the Falcons. However, they aren't very quick to point out that we had the #2 unit on the field all second half. In addition to that we missed the game tying 2-point conversion by about a helment length.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:46 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Everything in me says that this should be an easy win for this team since we almost beat them with our backups last year. But then again, whenever you think there's an easy game coming up (see Lions game last year), you get surprised.

After a big emotional win like last week, I know it's hard for a team to prepare the same for the next week.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:22 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Exactly. They're going to force us to throw and Boulware & company are going to be looking to catch a few picks. This is definitely a trap game for us and I honestly think we need Vick to put up some serious passing numbers to get a comfortable win.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:13 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

Vick must throw, and he must go deep a few times or they will stack the line all game long. This team can ill afford to become known as just a running team. Hopefully, the o-line has the first game jitters out of their system and can now show us what Mora sees in them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:59 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

MadBirdMike wrote:
Vick must throw, and he must go deep a few times or they will stack the line all game long. This team can ill afford to become known as just a running team. Hopefully, the o-line has the first game jitters out of their system and can now show us what Mora sees in them.

Exactly. Notice the Eagles shut us down once they crowded the line in the second half. We're going to have to throw the ball or Vick will be running for his life again if he can't hit the WR's downfield.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:24 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Let'em put 8-9 in the box. I am not convinced that even then they could completely shut down the run. They are not Philly, they do not have nearly the D that Philly has.

I hope Vick only throws 12-15 passes this game and completes 70% of them. That would be ideal. Realistically I see us running the ball early and often, getting a lead early and playing with that lead all game just like we did Monday, and for that matter for the most part last year.

Post subject: A chance to prove the falcon's have arrived
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:58 pm 

Games like the Seattle game only points to how mature your team is in winning games they should.If the falcon's can't beat the seahawks then there is some motivation and maturity to do to be champions.Remember we have a lead on philly after that emoptional victory philly wil be that much closer to getting home field if the falcon's and eagles are tied come championship game.I know it sounds bad thinking about that but you also have to think long term .There is a long way to go in the season and many teams can trip you up.

I want vick to have a good pass completion percentage.He needs to do well since the seahawk's aren't exactly a top level defense.We already we can run the ball almost on anyone but until the offense shows versatility then they are one dimensional team.One dimensional teams will not win a super bowl.Duckett and the receivers need to step up this game and I trust the defense will be solid.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: A chance to prove the falcon's have arrived
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:23 pm 

thescout wrote:
One dimensional teams will not win a super bowl.

Not entirely true... Baltimore wont the Super Bowl in the same method we would if we win it all this year. A running game and good defense.

Post subject: Re: A chance to prove the falcon's have arrived
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:25 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

dirtybirdnw wrote:
thescout wrote:
One dimensional teams will not win a super bowl.

Not entirely true... Baltimore wont the Super Bowl in the same method we would if we win it all this year. A running game and good defense.

Yeah, but our defense is not nearly as good as theirs was that year. We need to add some passing to keep the defense spread and get them off Vick. We cannot afford to have him sacked as many times as last year.

Post subject: Sometimes teams can win with great defense and great running
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:51 am 

Pudge did the anaylsis on super bowl winning teams back to I think 1994 and most of the teams that won had almost a balance of 50/50 run vs pass. If you have a great defense like the 85 Bears,Ravens then I would say you can get away from the 50/50 pattern but most teams need almost 50/50 to win a super bowl.If the falcon's think they can run through all teams with 35 pass or 40 vs 65 run or 60 pass they are crazy.You get a quality defense to stack the line and the team has a good offense they will give the Falcon's all they can handle.This offense is to stagnant shutting down for quarters at a time letting the defense bail them out.Also if a good team gets up on the falcon's by14-17 points the running game will almost be nonexistent.The probelm with running all the time if you get down big you can't come back most likely.Vick needs to pass the ball period!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:50 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

hey johnny right now with 11:21 in the 3 does not look like Hassleback is shakin anything we are the ones that look like we are shakin
heck we are 2-7 life time against this team

Profile E-mail