It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Did anyone see NFL network last night?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:40 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Did any of you guys see the NFL network game of the week last night? I really love that show because you get to hear what the players were saying on the sidelines throughout the game. I am glad that they did more than just the NO game too, and that the Iggles getting beat was good enough for game of the week.
A few things stuck me as I watched it.
One-We border on being a dirty team. We do a lot of things that border on being dirty. Not that I don't like it, I just didn't realize how bad it was. For example, every time we tackled TO, no matter who tackled him, everyone of our players went for his leg/ankle. It was like they were coached to target the leg he broke last year. Although it's not a bad idea, it is a little dirty.
Two- Kearney is insane!!! Before the game he was talking how there isn't a "mercy" rule in the NFL and he wanted us to run up the score. After the game all he said was that it was just round 1, 15 more to go, and that Philly was "just another victim" hahahahaha
Three-Our d-line coach is great. He acts just like a country ass high school coach, he humored me a lot.
Four-When the Eagles started jumping on our logo after the 1rst fight Ike Reese led the charge for the second "scuffle". I think it's very cool the Ike was the first person to run up to them and get in their face, it speaks a lot about the kind of player he is.

If y'all haven't seen the show yet and you have NFL network you should look for it. I am sure they will replay it over and over for the next couple of days, it was a really cool show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:36 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I wish I had NFL network. Does anyone have Charter cable & have that channel? If so, how much is it?

Post subject: Re: Did anyone see NFL network last night?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:15 pm 

Steve-O wrote:
One-We border on being a dirty team. We do a lot of things that border on being dirty. Not that I don't like it, I just didn't realize how bad it was. For example, every time we tackled TO, no matter who tackled him, everyone of our players went for his leg/ankle. It was like they were coached to target the leg he broke last year. Although it's not a bad idea, it is a little dirty.

Ummmm... Last I knew players are taught to tackle at the legs. I know I was. It's the only sure fire way to tackle someone. If their feet can't move they can't move. Any coach worth his weight in coaching skill will smack you on the helment if you try to tackle high.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:03 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

My bad dirty I should have clarified what I was trying to say....There were two plays specifically, one with Hall, the other with DeMo, where they spefically targeted TO's "bad" leg (for lack of a better term). They didn't just try to tackle him, at least to me it looked like they were trying to roll him up on his "bad" ankle/leg. I do agree that the best way to tackle someone is to hit them low but these two tackles in particular looked a little bit dirty. (not that I have a problem with that, to hell with TO!!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:15 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Well it's not like other teams don't take cheap shots at Vick religiously. Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:45 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Hey I ain't saying we are wrong for doing what we did I was just making an observation, I agree that other teams regularly take shots at Vick and we are justified in any shots we take....after further review my original post did not come across exactly how I wanted it too...I never meant it as an indictment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:32 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I think the mentality that Gibbs instills with his O-linemen tends to rub itself off on other players. It creates a sort of "us vs. them" mentality, because the rest of the team takes up for the "dirtiness" of the O-line. I didn't see the show and I'm not saying we are like the Raiders of old, but I get what Steve-O is saying.

I noticed there were a few cheap shots by the Falcons on Monday night that the refs missed or just didn't call. It was a dirty game, and like Steve, I'm not complaining, but I don't think the Falcons will be able to get away with that much more this year. I'm sure Andy Reid voiced some concerns to the league office, and refs will be watching that from now on. But then again, I don't expect to see the Falcons that "up" for a game until they play a division rival like the Panthers or bucs.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:45 am 
Superstar
Superstar

The Falcons are a good tackling team. The object is to get lower than your opponent. For years, tackling technique has gone down through out the NFL. The go for the big hit up high without wrapping up. I love that the Falcons go low and make the sure tackle. It isn't dirty at all in my opinion, it's just the fans aren't used to seeing the proper technique used in recent years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:19 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Perhaps that is it Johnny, you should try and catch the show sometime today if you can though. Tight after Trotter got tossed you should have seen the look on McKay's face. The ref came over the speakers and said number so and so of the Philly Eagles has been ejected and Mora looked over at McKay and said isn't that Trotter and McKay just smiled ear to ear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:36 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

i put it on my tivo and i going to save that not getting rid of that game for a long long time
might even put it on dvd

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:05 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I wasn't saying anything towards you OP, it was just a blanket statement that other teams have been taking cheap shots on Vick for years now. How many times have we seen Crumpler shove someone for taking a cheapo on Vick? I'm glad we're finally standed up to the league & I hope Schaffer & the boys lead the charge from now on. It's up to them what we do this year and it would be nice if they got really mean. :evil:

Post subject: Game
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:52 am 
Superstar
Superstar

NFL Network rules and you get it for free with NFL Sunday Ticket on DirectTV. I Tivo'd this game and you have to love hearing everything behind the scenes.

Kerney was crazy and Hartwell had some fire in him, but again I saw nothing from Brook that excited me. Another thing about this game was them showing More coaching players in preseason. It was awesome to hear him talk to Carpenter and D. Hall about covering players. The guy wants hustle 100% of the time and he comes off all smiles and fun but he has a real mean streak behind the scenes. I think our team understands that and reflect him like any good team does their coach. All I have to say after watching it is watch out NFL offenses.

I agree about the D-Line coach, he is all high school good old boy... he is great and the guys listen to him.

Steve-O is right, if you can see this game you should. I tivo'd Falcons v Rams from the playoffs last year on NFL Game of the Week and kept it until last Monday night because they do such a great job in editing. NFL network rules.

MF1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:25 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

i dont have sunday ticket but i had NFL network since day one is that not supose to be

Profile E-mail