It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:23 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Brooking
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:22 pm 

Perhaps it is time to switch Brooking over to the only position on defense that doesn't require endless speed and versatility: strongside linebacker. We need DeMo with all his speed and ball hawking on the weakside of the defense. I don't know what happend over the offseason but Brooking seems to have lost everything so far. He isn't spot on with tackling, he looks slow, and it appears new leaders are emerging (Carp, DeLo, Hartwell, Reese, Kerney).

It appears I was wrong with my arguement that Brooking is integral to this team. I'm starting to think that he isn't even worthy of being resigned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:17 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

He has done a few things that have made me stop and think...I still maintain that he is an important part of this D. It's not like players just forget how to play. I have thought all along that we should swap DeMo and Brooking though, it seems like that would be common sense since they both seem to be suited for the others position

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:33 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Agreed, I love Brooking but he had looked like garbage so far. If he continues playing like this it may be time to let Reese platoon with him some more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:25 pm 

The_Incomparable wrote:
Agreed, I love Brooking but he had looked like garbage so far. If he continues playing like this it may be time to let Reese platoon with him some more.

And/or get Boley more snaps and experience. I think Boley would be the first to get time over Reese as the Will spot. Reese's primary job is backup at MLB and SLB (or so it says on the depth chart).