It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:22 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Official Week 3-Bills Game Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:00 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Getting things kicked off for next week. The Falcons have to get the job done this week. They need to get pressure on Losman and make him make rookie mistakes. They need to stop McGahee, and we need to run the football effectively. It's not rocket science.

I do expect the Falcons to come out a bit stronger than they did this past week.

I suspect Hall will be matched up against Lee Evans, which will allow the team to try and double Moulds with Webster and Scott. The Bucs locked down Moulds/Evans this past week, limiting them to 3 catches for 20 yards. Although Josh Reed had a good game (6 catches). The Texans didn't have such success, as Moulds/Evans had 7 catches for 108 yards. But it's a key that the Falcons need to stop McGahee.

As for our offensive production, I don't suspect us to have much success against the Bills D. Their corners will be able to sit on islands against our receivers. They have a good front 7, not great, but it can be tough with playmakers like Adams, Schobel, Spikes, and Fletcher.

Once again, the defense needs to set the tone early. We didn't this past week and have to next week, until our offense finds it feet.

Last edited by Pudge on Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: I think it will be a dog fight again
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:56 am 

I hope Mora lays the wood on the falcon's this week's practice.After seeing the falcon's not adjusting in the first half to seattle makes me believe our the falcon coaches to slow on recognizes how to beat other teams schemes? I believe the first half the defense was playing a zone coverage then second half man to man.Why does it take 2 quarters to adjust>? Getting back to Buffalo they will be pumped(Buffalo) since it is a home game and they do not want to lose at home.

Was it vick's hamstring or cramps? If it is a hamstring then Vick better get used to passing.Buffalo has the kind of defense it will be all day.Now Cadillac Williams did run over 100 yards so maybe the falcon's can run but I hope the falcon's offense has learned its lesson.you have to pass to set up the run.Teams are starting to play 8 and 9 men in the box and until vick completes passes consistently then the same thing will happen as it did today.

I hope this loss stays in the falcon's mouths for a long time.Mora and the coaching staff also let down the team.Sometimes I feel they are not adjusting but rather doing the same thing over and over to beat an opponent.Alot of the times it works but super bowl teams can sdjust and beat you with the pass or run and if that isn't working the defense will come up big.One thing is for sure it is going to be hard hitting in buffalo and I hope we come out on top.Having losman a rookie at QB helps since they tend to take awhile to adjust with all the defensive schemes.Will see what hapens should be a great game!

Profile E-mail