Brooking

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

born2booze
Starter
Starter

Brooking

Postby born2booze » Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:45 pm

Ok I am major Brooking fan but man he has looked god awful this year, is it just me or are the rest of you guys thinking that too?

Steve-O
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby Steve-O » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:21 pm

he has looked pretty bad...he's missing a lot of tackles

MarylandFalcon1
Superstar
Superstar

Brooking

Postby MarylandFalcon1 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:56 am

You are not alone in this. I was singing his praises before the season but the guy has lost a step he could not afford to lose in coverage, teams know that and are throwing against him, and his takles are weak. Willis ran to the left on a 21 yard gain during the game and I watched Brooking run to the pile instead of watching the weak side (where he happened to be). Perhaps he has also lost his ability to 'sniff out the ball'. Anyway, the guy has looked mundane to say the least, but DeMo has been a monster so he has made up for Brook so far.

Also, Willis ran for 140 and a TD. *cough* Hartwell *cough* run stopper *cough*

MF1

dirtybirdnw

Postby dirtybirdnw » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:17 pm

As far as preventing yardage out team has not been impressive in the least. We are very talent at letting teams move to the redzone with no problems. Then all of a sudden we realize... "Oh crap! They are in the red zone!" Then play stiff defense and typically hold them to a field goal.

Our secondary is devastated with injuries and any QB worth his salt will kill us (Tom Brady anyone?) and because of secondary injuries we aren't able to come up on the run like we usually do.

Thank God Vick really elevated his game and Knapp decided to actually let him pass. I was impressed on both last week. This week our defense is in the dog house.
Fear the BEARD!

born2booze
Starter
Starter

Re: Brooking

Postby born2booze » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:41 pm

MarylandFalcon1 wrote:Also, Willis ran for 140 and a TD. *cough* Hartwell *cough* run stopper *cough*

Two things, A) most of Wilis's big runs were at Brook and away from Hartwell and B) we need someone to keep O-linemen off of Hartwell. He is having to take on blocks from OL and TE's almost every run play. And its his first three games in the system, so give him so time.

MarylandFalcon1
Superstar
Superstar

Just a question

Postby MarylandFalcon1 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:00 pm

Question for all you out there who think Brooking is killing us, would moving Reese into the lineup or even Boley be an improvement at this point?

MF1

FalconsAreTheBest
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby FalconsAreTheBest » Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:06 pm

Reese? Maybe, but I doubt it. Boley.....no.

IMO Brook needs to be moved to the strongside.
Yep

dirtybirdnw

Postby dirtybirdnw » Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:27 pm

I'm starting to think that outside of DeMo who is better then advertised; that our linebackers are overrated.
Fear the BEARD!

Return to “The Huddle”