It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:03 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DeLo
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:05 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

In 10 games last year he recorded 36 total tackles, 6 passes defended, 1 sack, 1 fumble forced, 2 INTs for 50 yds and 1 TD. Also 1 kickoff for 48 yards.

In 3 games this year he's recorded 14 total tackles, 5 passes defended, 0 sacks, 0 fumbles forced and 2 INTs for 41 yards. Also 2 punt returns for 37 yards(18.5 avg.)

I'm gonna go out on a limp here and say he has stepped his game up. I hope his shoulder will be fine and he stays healthy this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:09 pm 

DeLo cameback from a pretty serious hip injury. He was probably pretty hesitant much of the season last year. I have no doubts that DeLo will be the leagues next great cornerback. Especially after his display against T.O.

Although there are times were I wonder about his speed. I've seen receivers inluding Darrell Jackson & Eric Moulds get seperation on DeLo. Neither are that fast (quick but not blazing fast). I know DeLo is physical but is it starting to cost him position?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:12 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Although there are times were I wonder about his speed.

I've always said that 4.15 is a crock of horseshit. If VT is know for one things its inflating their numbers on workouts/prodays.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:25 pm 

vickisthebest wrote:
I've always said that 4.15 is a crock of horseshit. If VT is know for one things its inflating their numbers on workouts/prodays.

True.. The only saving grace for DeLo is that Vick has stated publically that he is faster then him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:35 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Just so you guys know for future reference....top 40 yd times from the history of the NFL combine:

Michael Vick - ?
D.Hall - ?
Deion Sanders - 4.21s
Bo Jackson - 4.19 s

Post subject: Can't exactly remember
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:32 am 

I thought Vick had a 4.27 I could be wrong.I just wanted to comment about Bo Jackson.Can you believe a guy at 230 pounds ran a 4.19. I think he mentioned that prior to the NFL he had never lifted a weight it was natural? Either him or Herschel got on the nataluis machine and lifted the whole stack from what I read.To this day Bo is my favorite running back.He could run over you or blow right by you. I remember all it took was a crack and he would be a threat ot break it all the way.I have yet to see a running back do what Jackson did.I thought Herschel was the best until I saw jackson.I wish he would have played his whole career no telling what the guy was capable of.

I know you wanted to know about 40 times but just had to add that.I pity the def backs who had to take him on one on one.They had about no chance of stopping him and you may have seen the monday night game when Jacksion ran over Bosworth.I think Bosworth was at 245 pounds.I think Bo would have been the Shaq of football just dominating.To think he is faster than Vick or D Hall is mind blowing.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:24 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I have, and always will, say that Bo Jackson is the greatest running back to ever play the game...which I don't like to say because my whole family is from Alabama & huge Bama fans...lol

The guy was a freak of nature, steroids or not. I know he has been adamant about not having used steroids but I question anyone who has played sports over the last 25 years whether they admit it or not.

Bo would have been so good he would have gone down as the greatest football player in the history of the game if he hadn't got hurt. We can only consider it the greatest loss in the history of the game via injury when you look at the world of talent he had. He honestly made NFL defenses look like high school teams with the way he would dominate the game. I guess you could easily say he was like Jim Brown with world class sprinter speed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:29 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

And didnt Deion run that 4.21 in sneakers that werent even laced up all the way?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:33 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Hall nor Vick ran at the combine but at VT Vick ran a 4.25 and Hall ran a 4.15. VT workout numbers are always really unreliable though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:11 pm 
Starter
Starter

The_Incomparable wrote:
I have, and always will, say that Bo Jackson is the greatest running back to ever play the game...which I don't like to say because my whole family is from Alabama & huge Bama fans...lol

The guy was a freak of nature, steroids or not. I know he has been adamant about not having used steroids but I question anyone who has played sports over the last 25 years whether they admit it or not.

Bo would have been so good he would have gone down as the greatest football player in the history of the game if he hadn't got hurt. We can only consider it the greatest loss in the history of the game via injury when you look at the world of talent he had. He honestly made NFL defenses look like high school teams with the way he would dominate the game. I guess you could easily say he was like Jim Brown with world class sprinter speed.

I would still take Brown over Bo. Brown just did so much more than run the ball, he single handedly would completly demoralize a team. No football player has ever been as cerbal as Brown, he was the Ali of football. He could beat you mentally before he did physically. Also I doubt Brown ever lifted weights either and easily was 250lbs. And I am pretty sure that Hall did run once at the combine at 4.33.