It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:01 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: David & Goliath
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:07 pm 

I completely missed this in the game but was in awe after reading this in the "From the 50" article.

Warrick Dunn didn’t just block Adams, but stood him up (despite giving up almost 200 pounds to Adams) and gave Vick time to roll right and deliver a pass to Finneran for a 17-yard gain.

Go little man go!

Post subject: Dunn
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:16 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

There has never been any doubt the little guy could block, and I think he takes a great deal of pride in that fact. 200 lbs, man that is awesome. I sure hope we can keep him at least one more year.

MF1

J. Mora JR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:23 pm 

This is far fetched but I wonder if it is possible for us to cut Dunn then resign him at a nominal (near vet minimum) contract?

Dunn still gets his signing bonus; plays for a reasonable price considering age and wear; and remains a Falcon for the rest of his career.

For some reason we manage to get really great role-players at the tail end of their careers. Dunn (not quite his tail end, downside of prime), Chandler, Reese, Beasley, etc..

Post subject: Yep
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:27 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

That would be huge for us but I think Dunn takes pride in all his has done and would not degrade himself for such a deal. Things 'making sense' are not of value to NFL players, even ones of Dunns moral character. Still, J. Bettis did it to stay with the Steelers last year so you never know.

MF1

J. Mora JR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:29 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I don't think there will be a lot of teams willing to give an old rb a lot of money. There were not exactly a ton of teams jumping up and down trying to get Edge or Alexander this off season so I doubt Dunn would draw a ton of interest. I think we will re-sign him at a lower salary but still give him more money than he would get anywhere else...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:38 pm 

If I remember right the only teams interested in Dunn when he was a free agent were Philly, Atlanta, and Tampa. Dunn of course played Atlanta to the fullest extent to get his current contract.

Post subject: Rep
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:34 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

He has that "small back won't hold up" tag that most teams like to give out. He has been hurt what twice in his career? Over thirty and small should help us get him at a lower price, especially if he thinks he can get a championship with us (assuming we don't get one this year *crosses fingers*) :wink:

MF1

J. Mora JR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:01 pm 

And more to the point it was McKay that wanted to keep Dunn and was fighting Grudent to do so. So with Tampa drafting Cadillac and McKay coming to Atlanta I only really see Philly as a possible suitor for Dunn.