It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:26 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Roddy Time? Not Soon
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:16 pm 

It almost sounds like Mora is unhappy with what Roddy has given us so far in practice. But from these comments in his last presser Roddy has a long ways to go before he cracks the starting lineup. But Mora is most definitely calling out Roddy.

Mora:

Q: Do you ever pull a player like Roddy White, who had been getting a lot of catches in college, aside to let him know he'll get more opportunities?
Mora: He has to get on the field first. He has to earn the right to catch a ball before he catches a ball. I'm not worried about his feelings right now.

Q: Has Roddy been working a lot on teams?
Mora: He's not doing much. He's been working hard. He's going to be really good. He's just got to keep working at it.

Post subject: Roddy
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:23 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I think he will be brought along like Jenks, that is to say it will be slow. Both these guys weren't top ten picks and as WR they aren't going to jump in and start. Also, Mora was raised under several coaches who actually hate rooks, such as Steve Mariucci. Maybe he believes the same thing, and being hurt and missing time in training camp will kill most rooks chances of seeing playing time their first season. Look at San Diego... who is their number 2 QB again?

MF1

J. Mora JR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:56 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I think More has a kind of high school coach approach to rookies where they have to be world beaters to play a lot. Judging by what Jenkins is compared to how much he played last year I would think Roddy won't see a lot of action this year...especially if Jenkins keep producing like he is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:28 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I think the coaching staff believes it did the wrong thing when they developed Jenkins last year. I think they are looking back on it now and thinking they should have tried to get him more opportunities early on. I think it's one of the main reasons why the Falcons cut Price. They wanted to find ways to get Roddy opportunities, and with Price on the roster, Roddy was going to have be extra special to be elevated past the #5 WR spot (which basically means he's inactive every game).

I'm still wondering about the Pathon signing. Who was he signed to push? Dez or Roddy? I think it's Roddy. If the team was disappointed in Dez, I think they would have cut him during training camp. I think it's too early for them to be disappointed in Dez. He only has 1 catch in 2 games, but last year he caught more than 1 ball in only 8 games, so it's not like he's really underachieving when comparing him to his 2004 performance.

We'll see. Vick has yet to throw a pass to Roddy that was catchable, so I'm going to reserve judgement until that happens.

Profile E-mail