It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Falcon's have to keep pace with Tampa and Philly!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:18 pm 

It was a great win today but I figured it could be a blow out.The Falcon's need a few of these games a year. Tampa Bay lucked out at the end of the game narrowly beating detroit and Philly just came back and lew away KC. It is shaping up where Tampa and Philly could be the competition for home field.I know Tampa Bay can't stand them but sometimes teams play over ther head and get on a roll and could be dangerous. Philly doesn't look like there going to let up any time soon so the falcon's have to keep winning.

Next week's game against New England is huge.New England got creamed today and I bet Billichek is going to be real upset.I am not sure if New England is the same team without Harrison? Anyway the Falcon's could be in for a dog fight.Billiceck will find a way to stop the falcon's from running so Vick needs to throw the ball.Once again a balanced attack is the best way to beat a top notch team.At this point New England could be on the way own or just had a bad week.We will find out next week and the Tampa Bay Bucs play the lowly Jets so it is a chance to have a 2 game lead on the falcon's.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:47 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I agree. Not trying to get too far ahead of ourselves, but after this week's game, I see 4 very winnable games vs. the Saints, Jets, Dolphins, and Packers. Then we face the Bucs at home (who could be 7-2 or 8-1 at that point). I don't really see us beating the Lions on such a short week, but I think those last 5 games will be essential to our overall success this year, because 4 of them will be against division opponents.

I'd be disappointed if the Falcons did roll into Thanksgiving's game vs. Detroit with a record of 7-3 or better.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:03 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Tampa is the Redskins of the NFC South. Their offense is based on Griese's ability to get the ball to open WR's and to keep him upright. When we play them it will be most important for Vick to find the open receiver because we have shown all year that someone will be open. I don't see Tampa's O moving the ball on us at all, despite what their idiot fans think. We're talking about a rookie RB, a QB who has been dropped by half the teams in the league, and WR's who are decent but nowhere near T.O. If we don't get a pass rush then we may see a Seahawks type of game from them, especially if we play that soft zone like we did against Seattle.

Either way, I don't think we should lose to Tampa at all and I honestly think that Tampa will still end up 9-7 or 8-8 once teams figure out they just need to cover Galloway & Clayton and stuff the run.

Post subject: Williams
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:27 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Tampa will play the Jets, Dolphins @ home, and then the 49ers next. Cadillac has a pulled hamstring and a bad foot which might help but I still think with the luck these guys have had in the first 4 games they could easily take all those (speaking of luck the call reviews this week scared the crap out of me. The 'tuck rule' was messed up in two games [one right, one wrong] and then they took the TD from the Lions (Pollard) which was SO unclear on replay and gave D. Hall [Chiefs] a TD at the end of the game that he SO did not get). Griese did throw 3 pics yesterday so he is not having a perfect season on throws and they have gotten almost all their scores on broken coverage bombs into the backfield to Galloway. These guys aren't awesome but without Vick we could really lose the division. Vick has had 2 injuries in 3 weeks which puts me on the edge of my seat, and that last one was the 'turf monster' that took care of J. Walker for the Packers. ACL/MCL injuries seem to be on the rise with this new turf.

MF1

J. Mora JR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:36 pm 

Attacking Griese and stopping the Cadillac are the keys to beating the Bucs. Easier said than done IMO. I believe in both the past 2 years, the Falcons have been better than the Bucs, but still managed to lose to them at least once.

Considering their offense is the most potent it probably has been in forever, I don't see why history won't repeat itself. It just always seem to be a game that Vick plays terribly vs. Tampa and we lose. For the same reasons we seem to have the Panthers number, the Bucs have ours.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Team Speed
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:01 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

TB has that great 'team defense speed'. They make it so hard on Vick because they can catch him. It is the reason that Phili beats the crap out of us (although we did win at home but that game gets an * because of Trotter/McNabb injury for 0 rushing yards). I don't see why we won't split with them as well.

MF1

J. Mora JR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:54 pm 
Role Player
Role Player

We've GOT to take both games away from the F'n Bucs to shut their damn mouths.
No team or fans are hated more by me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:58 pm 

Interceptor wrote:
No team or fans are hated more by me.

I absolutely agree. I respect the Panthers because I like John Fox and they remind me a lot of the '98 Falcons. I respect the Saints because they always play us tough and I like their uniforms. There is nothing redeeming about the Bucs, besides Derrick Brooks. It's a shame that such a good player like Cadillac WIlliams had to go to Tampa Bay, because I guess I'm going to have to start hating him.

I think a major contribution to my absolute dislike of the Bucs, their fans, players, and organization was when I went to my first Falcons home game back in 2000. The game in which Chandler was knocked out and kicked in the head by Warren Sapp. Well at that game there were about 25,000 Bucs fans, which was absolutely despicable.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:26 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

i don't know about the fans, but the attitude and style of the team is usually a reflection of the coach. need i say more?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:11 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Tampa is my most hated foe...when you hear about division rivalries you always hear about Car and Atl when it comes to the NFC south...I think it would be safe to say a majority of ATL fans HATE TB! Lord knows all of my friends do....I respect Carolina because of John Fox as well, plus Vick has Carolina's number on speed dial anyway...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:49 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

have you ever been to the TB site and seen their little intro they do...if not you should go check it out...it's offensive and class-less but funny as hell....I'm not sure of the address but it's TB's official site...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:14 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

somebody ought to show that to the coaches and players for the jets. see what happens out on the field.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:30 am 

Yeah, I forgot about their intros, so there is something redeeming about the Bucs.

I consider Panthers and Saints to be true rivalries. The Bucs are enemies, nothing more. I think there is a distinction. I still think the Saints are the Falcons biggest rival due to history, but unless they step it up soon, i think the Panthers will quickly pass them. But there is no doubt the team I relish beating the most is the Bucs. :evil:

Just thinking about them makes me upset.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:27 am 
Role Player
Role Player

I hate the Bucholes so bad I refuse to acknowledge them by clicking on their site.
They are not worth my time or click.
F 'em!