Pasq disses secondary and gives love to pats+brady

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

buddyboy
All-Pro
All-Pro

Pasq disses secondary and gives love to pats+brady

Postby buddyboy » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:54 pm

the entire article is very cliche stuff about how great the pats are. the man goes on and on for two pages. you can skip over most of it. one of the intersting parts was this:

Brady exploited Atlanta's secondary all day, picking mercilessly on cornerbacks Jason Webster and DeAngelo Hall, and taking full advantage of safeties Keion Carpenter and Bryan Scott, arguably one of the NFL's worst interior secondary tandems. Webster was lost at times and one has to wonder about the $7 million signing bonus given last spring to a guy who seems to always be infirm or out of position. The team's best coverage player, Hall continues to be turned around at times by clever, double-move wideouts like New England's Branch and David Givens.

whether its true or not, that's pretty much a slap in the face.
like Isaid the entire thing is rehashed pats flattery but if u want:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/s ... id=2185955

The_Incomparable
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby The_Incomparable » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:26 pm

I like how he completely disregards all the terrible calls by the refs and the fact that our lack of pass rush was due mostly to Pats linemen holding on nearly every play.
Props to Scar for my sig.

ether3917
Veteran
Veteran

Postby ether3917 » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:13 am

I think that dozen-donut-at-a-time eatin Lenny P is secretly blowin Belicheck and Brady behind closed doors...

Look at the guy....he cant pull no girls

The_Incomparable
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby The_Incomparable » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:32 am

lol yeah him & the rest of ESPN, you would think the Pats = ratings or something. We all know Vick = ratings more than anyone in the NFL.
Props to Scar for my sig.

dirtybirdnw

Postby dirtybirdnw » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:17 am

Sports media has a hard on with the BoSox and Patriots because Boston hasn't had a good sports team for decades until those two re-emerged to the fore front. I never understood why sports media has such a love affair with Boston. I guess it's because New York has been better then Boston for so long that everyone hates New York and sees Boston as their saviors.

But the love affair is stronger then ever with New England teams.
Fear the BEARD!

buddyboy
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby buddyboy » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:41 am

the article is almost a parody of what sports writing should be. there's not one shred of objectivity or balance in that thing. it's pure deification of a team. if someone not knowing anything about football read that, they might think is some over-the-top satire. it's just a man who loves the patriots talking about how great they are. is that sports journalism? hell maybe it is but i sure as hell don't want to read it.

Return to “The Huddle”