It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:07 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Parity
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:00 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

What Parody we have in this league. After 5 weeks we have one undefeated (the Colts and a cupcake schedule). There is only 1 team in the NFC with 4 wins... THE BUCS! and the AFC only has 3 with 4 or more wins Bengals, Denver, and the Colts. The Bucs have lost to the Jets and a 42 year old couch potato QB, Denver got run over by the Dolphins in week one. The Bengals showed they couldn't compete with a 'real' defense in Jacksonville. How bout the Saints getting beat by 49 points vs the winless Packers? Who knows what to think from week to week. Part of me wants a few teams to rise to the top and show they are monsters, but another part loves that you never really know who is going to win.

MF1

J. Mora JR.

Post subject: Re: Parody
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:25 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

MarylandFalcon1 wrote:
What Parody we have in this league. After 5 weeks we have one undefeated (the Colts and a cupcake schedule). There is only 1 team in the NFC with 4 wins... THE BUCS! and the AFC only has 3 with 4 or more wins Bengals, Denver, and the Colts. The Bucs have lost to the Jets and a 42 year old couch potato QB, Denver got run over by the Dolphins in week one. The Bengals showed they couldn't compete with a 'real' defense in Jacksonville. How bout the Saints getting beat by 49 points vs the winless Packers? Who knows what to think from week to week. Part of me wants a few teams to rise to the top and show they are monsters, but another part loves that you never really know who is going to win.

MF1

Thank you.....finally!!!...someone acknowledged what an EASY schedule that the Colts have. They are gonna get bitch smacked by the Pats and Steelers again this year. They will be like 13-3 come playoff time, and then get their ass kicked out of the playoffs by one of these teams in a second loss in the rematch.

Colts defense has played well, but anyone can hold the scrubs they played to low points....come on now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:15 am 

What's more is that the Colts really have struggled with a weak schedule. Their offense is not working and their defense is probably playing above their heads partly due to schedule.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:24 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I think the Colts will benefit more from their lack of offensive success than hurt by it. I think they had problems going into the playoffs the last few years because they were so used to just blowing away teams, and then come playoff time, its rare a team is going to get blown out (unless you are the Vikings or Broncos), so that you need to know how to win the tough 13-10 games. Those games build character.

The Colts do have a cupcake schedule. The only tough teams they face are New England, Cinncinnati, Pittsburgh, Seattle, and San Diego. And with possible exception to the Bengals and Seahwks, none of those teams are as good as they were last year.

We'll see how it goes, but I'd be surprised if the Colts don't win 12 or 13 games with this schedule.

Profile E-mail