It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Power Rankings
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:39 pm 

We actually fell more then I thought we would after a close loss to the Patriots with our backup QB playing:

ESPN: Down 3 to #7 (Yes, Matt Schaub played well. But any of you who think the Falcons would be better with him than with Vick, get a grip.)

***For some reason ESPN has the Bolts ranked 8 at 2-3. Yes the Bolts. Even though there are three teams with 1 loss and 6 teams with just 2 losses behind them. Crack pipe down ESPN... The Bolts are OVERRATED.

SI.com: Not Updated

FOXSports.com: 10th (The Falcons moved from 18th to 13th in passing offense this week. Is that because Matt Schaub is a much better passer than Michael Vick, or because the New England secondary has been horrid since Rodney Harrison went out? Atlanta is another good team that can't stop the run this year (29th in run defense DVOA) which is another reason to consider hopping on the Antowain Smith roto bandwagon, at least for a couple weeks.)

***FOX has the Bolts ranked 4th! What is up with this craziness! The Bolts are better then 2-3 but come on people!

CBS Sportsline: 10th (They found out life without Mike Vick doesn't mean they can't compete. But the defense let them down.)

***Finally!!!! CBS has the Bolts at 15th: Note to all sports outlets the Bolts have lost 4th quarter leads in all 3 of their losses! They aren't that good!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:31 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

I have to agree, this years power rankings are beyond belief. The Eagles are on the way down with McNabb probably ending his playing career Very Soon and they still get ranked pretty high.

Seems that Crack is a necessary commodity in the press rooms lately.

Post subject: Bolts
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:38 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Well, I would disagree with your Bolts call Dirty. ALL their games have been close and they have played by far the toughest schedule in the league.

Giants 3-1
Dallas 3-2 (I think that is right or they are 2-2)
Patriots 3-2
Steelers 4-1
Denver 4-1

Give them some credit, I doubt we would be 3-2 with that schedule.

MF1

J. Mora JR.

Post subject: Re: Bolts
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:02 pm 

MarylandFalcon1 wrote:
Well, I would disagree with your Bolts call Dirty. ALL their games have been close and they have played by far the toughest schedule in the league.

Giants 3-1
Dallas 3-2 (I think that is right or they are 2-2)
Patriots 3-2
Steelers 4-1
Denver 4-1

Give them some credit, I doubt we would be 3-2 with that schedule.

MF1

If the Bolts are a Top 5 team they win more then 2 of those games. Top 5 teams don't surrender leads in the 4th quarter despite playing other Top 5 teams. If the Bolts where a Top 5 team they would have at least a 3-2 record but they don't they have a 2-3 record because they can't hold a lead into the 4th quarter. If they absolutely obliterate every other team on their schedule then sure they are Top 5 quality.

Recapping the Bolts season:
Week 1: Put up 24 through 3 quarters only to let Dallas comeback in the 4th and win it (Bledsoe or not that should have been a W for the Bolts).
Week 2: Once again did all their scoring in the first half (14) and surrendered the game to Denver in the second half (17-3).
Week 3: First and only time all season the Bolts are dominate. However, the G-Men are not as good as their record (Wins against Zona, New Orleans, and St. Louis... Hardly quality).
Week 4: The only impressive win the Bolts have all season and it came against a decimated Patriots defense. But it's the Pats so it's a big win.
Week 5: Once again surrendered the game in the 4th quarter allowing the Steelers to finish the clock and move into field goal range. More to the point they scored ONE touchdown!

Until the Chargers can prove they are capable of at least holding a lead into the 4th quarter they are not a Top 10 team. But a team that has one quality victory and a failure to hold a lead against other top teams is top 10 worthy leaves me at a lost.

Post subject: Your post
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:07 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Your post put them at 8th, which is not a top 5 team so I don't understand where you are going with that as I never said they were a top five team, but no matter what you say they are the ONLY team in the league to play 5 teams with winning records in the first five weeks.

MF1

J. Mora JR.

Post subject: Re: Your post
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:51 pm 

MarylandFalcon1 wrote:
Your post put them at 8th, which is not a top 5 team so I don't understand where you are going with that as I never said they were a top five team, but no matter what you say they are the ONLY team in the league to play 5 teams with winning records in the first five weeks.

MF1

ESPN has them at 8th (which is too high) and FOX has them at 4th (which is way too high). I do however agree with the 15th ranking by Sportsline.