DEZ WHITE! OMFG!!!!

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

User avatar
dirtybirdnw
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4526
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:11 pm
Location: Vancouver, WA
Contact:

DEZ WHITE! OMFG!!!!

Postby dirtybirdnw » Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:14 pm

WIDE FREAKING OPEN WITH A SOFT LOB AND HE CAN'T CATCH THE BALL WITHOUT A DB IN SITE!

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Fear the BEARD!

buddyboy
All-Pro
All-Pro
Posts: 557
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:20 pm
Location: ubiquitous

Postby buddyboy » Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:47 pm

every time i saw #89in the game i would cringe.
the guy was and is a liability in my opinion. not only does he make mistakes, they are at times that seem to destroy the momentum for the falcs. both drops the first drive and the long pass, completely took the wind out of the offenses sails. i not only wish he wouldn't start, after that game, and the previous game(i don't think that was a catch in the endzone, it was slapped out before he had it, so he didn't redeem himself) i'd sit him for sure.
jenkins does another disappearing act, im telling u right now, here 1 game, disappear 2 others for jenks. though today vick just had a bad passing day except for the first and the last drive. if dez had caught that first pass im telling you the offense rolls. maybe vick is too susceptible to changing winds and cannot will the momentum so much, cuz when he's off, he's off bad and for a long time, not just one or two drives but quarters.

User avatar
Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Posts: 26397
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:03 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Postby Pudge » Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:01 pm

I don't have as huge expectations for Jenkins as I do others. It's only his 2nd year, and he's been asked to be the go-to receiver, and he's still growing into that role (if he ever will). Dez White really has no excuse, he's a veteran that did a pretty decent job hanging onto the ball last year, sorta shaking the criticisms that he has stone hands. But he's completely regressed this year, and he just can't catch anything.

Mora should be renamed MORON if he continues to start Dez.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

User avatar
thescout
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6611
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:02 pm
Location: Indianapolis IN

What part of benching Dez White doesn't Mora understand?

Postby thescout » Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:13 pm

This guy is killing the Falcon's with dropped balls.Just because we won doesn't make people forget that White is hurting the team.Who cares if he can block? We need production from the receivers.Dez Whiter must be the nicest guy and mora is his buddy.I just don't understand how mora can continue to defend White should start.I would rather admit I made a mistake and do the right thing than continue with the mistake and lose games.

User avatar
born2booze
Starter
Starter
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:27 pm

Postby born2booze » Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:22 pm

White must have incriminating pictures of some one in the Falcon's organization. That is the only explanation I see for him keeping his job.

User avatar
MarylandFalcon1
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 1870
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:54 pm
Location: Los Angeles California

Dez

Postby MarylandFalcon1 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:07 pm

The guy is dragging us into oblivion. Schaub rasing his hands to the heavens last week after a drop and today... whoever said this guy should be starting because he was the starter before injury is insane. If he isn't dropping balls he is giving defenses tip drills for the INT, oh, or he is getting holding calls at the END of beautiful Dunn runs.

MF1
"I am certainly not afraid to have Brian Finneran on the field. Has he ever not made plays? He just makes plays. He is one of those guys that just makes plays. He is dependable."

J. Mora JR.

AngryJohnny51
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 3334
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:31 pm

Re: What part of benching Dez White doesn't Mora understand?

Postby AngryJohnny51 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:28 pm

thescout wrote:This guy is killing the Falcon's with dropped balls.Just because we won doesn't make people forget that White is hurting the team.Who cares if he can block? We need production from the receivers.Dez Whiter must be the nicest guy and mora is his buddy.I just don't understand how mora can continue to defend White should start.I would rather admit I made a mistake and do the right thing than continue with the mistake and lose games.


You answered your own rant. We are a running team at the present time and Mora wants the best blockers out there playing. We may not agree, but Dunn, Vick and Duckett sure as hell don't mind getting that help down field.

User avatar
The_Incomparable
All-Pro
All-Pro
Posts: 869
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:51 pm

Postby The_Incomparable » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:21 pm

I don't care if Dez White is Anthony Munoz reincarnated, he is supposed to be a RECEIVER. If Mora wants a blocker, start Crumpler at the Flanker position instead. So what we're doing now is putting our best WR on the bench for most of the game so Dez White can block (which he can only do marginally better than Finneran)? I don't get it. We spend 100+ million bucks on a QB but won't even start his favorite receiver? Yeah that makes a ton of sense.
Image
Props to Scar for my sig.

User avatar
thescout
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6611
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:02 pm
Location: Indianapolis IN

Postby thescout » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:21 pm

Which is exactly the reason the falcon's won't go far in the playoffs just being a running team.The Falcon's can roll over bad,average and above average defenses but facing the big boys that running game once it is shut down leave the falcon's with a bad defense that gives up many points and no way for the offense to come back.

We are throwing the ball more but to who.Certainly white can't catch the ball so we have crump and jenkins and you need more than that to compete and win super bowls.Sit White's ass down and let finneran play,it is so obvious!

MadBirdMike
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:33 am
Location: Hiram, Ga

Postby MadBirdMike » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:06 pm

Notice how all the teams are stacking the line now that they know our receivers can't catch. See how Seattle handled them, then New England. New Orleans tried the same thing at times. If these coaches can't see what's on the film, this season is going to go bad very quickly. This team is lucky to be 4-2. They can't depend on the other team imploding and giving up two TD's like NO did today. They will constantly be playing two TD's down every game.

The defense has looked bad on the line in the past two games. These guys are getting lured out of position and opening holes all over. The middle cover is completely absent. The safeties have been flagged so many times, they are afraid to get within five yards.

The offense, which everyone was worried about in preseason, has been doing a much better job, giving time to throw. But, the receivers can't get open and won't commit to the ball. Dez White drops passes, they don't throw to Crumpler until the end of the fourth quarter, they won't use Finneran except in third and desperation, so now Vick is getting happy feet again and is starting to revert to where he was two years ago.

AngryJohnny51
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 3334
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:31 pm

Postby AngryJohnny51 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:22 pm

We are the number one rushing team in the NFL. Part of that, and a big part of that is because the receivers block down field. It's true we can't pass, but you imagine if we couldn't run either?

I'm not a fan of Dez's, don't get me wrong. Mora said Dez won't lose his job because of the injury. The dropped passes are why he is going to lose his job if he does. It's up to Mora as to who he thinks is the better blocker out there, like it or not.

AngryJohnny51
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 3334
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:31 pm

Postby AngryJohnny51 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:29 pm

thescout wrote:Which is exactly the reason the falcon's won't go far in the playoffs just being a running team.The Falcon's can roll over bad,average and above average defenses but facing the big boys that running game once it is shut down leave the falcon's with a bad defense that gives up many points and no way for the offense to come back.

We are throwing the ball more but to who.Certainly white can't catch the ball so we have crump and jenkins and you need more than that to compete and win super bowls.Sit White's ass down and let finneran play,it is so obvious!


You're getting spoiled scout. :D

No one wants the falcons to win a Super Bowl more than I do, but they are still a year or two away. We have too many pieces of the puzzle missing yet, but it's coming together. Dez White and yes even Finn are just stop gaps until Jenkins and Rwody Roddy are ready to shoulder the load. You have to remember also, we could have Chad Johnson on one side and Torry Holt on the other, but if Vick can't get it to him, we might as well put Anthony "friggen" Munoz out there as my friend Incomperable suggests.

Enjoy the fact that this franchise is going to have back to back winning seasons for the first time ever and once we make the playoffs anything can happen.

buddyboy
All-Pro
All-Pro
Posts: 557
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:20 pm
Location: ubiquitous

Postby buddyboy » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:31 pm

dez must be the guns of freaking navarrone at blocking then, cuz he sure can't catch the damn ball.

yes we are the number one rushing team. but do u want the number one rushing team or a superbowl? because, as has been mentioned, we will beat many teams with this number one rushing team, but we can't go all the way unless we shed this one dimensional play.

and yes it is mora's call, of course, i think we all know that. we are here to lay down our opinions and sometimes vent, that's all.

AngryJohnny51
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 3334
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:31 pm

Postby AngryJohnny51 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:34 pm

buddyboy wrote:dez must be the guns of freaking navarrone at blocking then, cuz he sure can't catch the damn ball.

yes we are the number one rushing team. but do u want the number one rushing team or a superbowl? because, as has been mentioned, we will beat many teams with this number one rushing team, but we can't go all the way unless we shed this one dimensional play.

and yes it is mora's call, of course, i think we all know that. we are here to lay down our opinions and sometimes vent, that's all.


Yes we are. It's all part of being a fan and we have good ones on this board. Some live and die with every play and every call, some have the bigger picture in mind, but one thing is sure, we are all true Falcon fans!

buddyboy
All-Pro
All-Pro
Posts: 557
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:20 pm
Location: ubiquitous

Postby buddyboy » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:56 pm

i have to admit though im sometimes concerned about them winning any given day, i secretly believe the falcons can go all the way, and im talking about this season. i'm sure everyone here believes that too, at least in their quietest-most secret moments, even if u say they are 1 or 2 seasons away. now theoretically that's probably correct, i know that, but it seems so pessimistic. i'm not satisfied with them having back to back winning seasons. i've been watching them since the bartkowski days and all those stinky years. i want role players like dez and finn (maybe not dez) to rise up to the occasion. im skeptical about waiting for players to develop or if it's about fitting pieces like in a puzzle. tom brady was supposed to be a stop gap. a very undeveloped vick got us through lambeau field into the second round of the playoffs somehow. a team has to come together and players have to rise up to the occasion to become champions in my opinion. like i said angry johnny, theoretically your correct and you make a good and solid point but i like my idea better! guess im just a dreamer! i think u are one too "once we make the playoffs anything can happen" :wink:

AngryJohnny51
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 3334
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:31 pm

Postby AngryJohnny51 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:13 am

buddyboy wrote:i've been watching them since the bartkowski days


Well, I feel your pain then because I have watched them since Bartkowski as well. :lol:

buddyboy wrote: i'm not satisfied with them having back to back winning seasons.


I'm surprised you say that if you've watched the Falcons this long. We've had some good teams fold their tents on many occasions due to bad coaching and piss poor mangement/ownership. Now it's different. After 40 years we finally have a great owner and a really good young coach. This is unchartered territory for this team. Blank and company are trying to build a consistant winner, a team that can contend year in and year out. We have to walk before we can run.........

buddyboy wrote:i want role players like dez and finn (maybe not dez) to rise up to the occasion. im skeptical about waiting for players to develop


Like I said, Rome wasn't built in a day. Sometimes it may not seem it, but we are getting there. We have to patient with the young guys, they do seem talented.

buddyboy wrote:tom brady was supposed to be a stop gap


For every Tom Brady, there is 1000 Kurt Kittners.

buddyboy wrote:a team has to come together and players have to rise up to the occasion to become champions


I couldn't agree more. The only way for that to happen is to get these young guys some experience in close games and in the post season. Winning is great, but sometimes losing tough ones (like with NE) builds that "character". We won a game yesterday we had no business winning. How many Falcons teams of the past would have done that? Not many. We are getting there.........

buddyboy
All-Pro
All-Pro
Posts: 557
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:20 pm
Location: ubiquitous

Postby buddyboy » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:33 am

angryj, you are a voice of reason!


Return to “The Huddle”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest