It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:33 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: our schedule just got EASY
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:52 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

at the beginning of the year it looked like we had a brutal schedule. my how things change. we've got the Jets, dolphins, Pack, Lions, bears, and aints coming up. the only games that should be tough for us are the two against Tampa and Carolina.

we need to beat the teams we 'should' beat. if we can do that we should be able to secure home field.

Post subject: With
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:59 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

With the way our Defense gives up yards and points I don't know anymore who we 'should' beat. Every one of these teams have better backs than the Saints and could run us into the ground.

Looks like the Bucs lost Griese however, maybe for the year which could help us and Jake D was knocked out of the Lions game so the Panthers may be without their starting QB as well.

MF1

J. Mora JR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:06 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

i think our issue on defense is getting the right personell together on the field at one time. the Minny game was the only time we had our starting D on the field at one time. i think (hope) they will settle down after the bye week. i still expect us to give up a lot of yards to the Jets Monday. that will be offset by 4 or 5 sacks though IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:09 pm 

I do think if Tampa has Cadillac back for the games against us we can call both of those losses. At least at the rate our run defense is going he could set a rushing record against us.

We could also make Ricky Williams look like a god again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:16 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

The Bears are no joke, they beat us last time we played them IIRC and they are better this year. The Lions beat us last year so that will be a tough game. The Dolphins are hit or miss but they will show up to beat us because we're an elite team & they are looking to prove themselves. In my estimation, we have to take both games from the Bucs and at least one from Carolina in order to win the division & possibly get the #1 seed in the NFC playoffs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:25 pm 

The Lions have been pushing every NFC South team they have played to the brink. They got screwed against Tampa and just fell apart against Carolina (but should have won). If we aren't careful we will drop one against them on Thanksgiving. Their main weapon will be Kevin Jones and if they are smart they will ride him against us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:32 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I would be really surprise if we can win against Det or Chi.....we travel to Det the Thursday after we play TB....TB is always a brutal game and we will surely be banged up for our Thanksgiving game against the Lions....then we have to go to Chi in December to play the Bears...the Bears have a good D and it will be loud and cold in Chicago....we don't do to well in the cold weather....I think we will still take both games against Carolina...may be a little homerish of me to think that but until they prove they can beat Vick I will continue to think those are games we will win...I doubt we'll beat TB in Tampa either....no matter how good the Bucs are they always give us trouble...Miami is a little scary but I think we can beat them...if we play like we did yesterday though we will be lucky if we win anymore games at all....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:35 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Mawae is out for the season so that makes Monday Night a bit easier to win. If what I have been saying is correct we should see the linebackers running to the ball a little bit easier than we have the past few weeks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:10 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Steve-O wrote:
I would be really surprise if we can win against Det or Chi.....we travel to Det the Thursday after we play TB....TB is always a brutal game and we will surely be banged up for our Thanksgiving game against the Lions....then we have to go to Chi in December to play the Bears...the Bears have a good D and it will be loud and cold in Chicago....we don't do to well in the cold weather....I think we will still take both games against Carolina...may be a little homerish of me to think that but until they prove they can beat Vick I will continue to think those are games we will win...I doubt we'll beat TB in Tampa either....no matter how good the Bucs are they always give us trouble...Miami is a little scary but I think we can beat them...if we play like we did yesterday though we will be lucky if we win anymore games at all....

i totally disagree. we lost 1 game in the cold. that's it. it was pretty cold the day we spanked GB at home. our offense is set up to succeed in cold weather.