Luckily i fell asleep in the 3rd

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

GSUTeke
All-Pro
All-Pro

Luckily i fell asleep in the 3rd

Postby GSUTeke » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:43 am

from what I've heard the 4th wasn't all that great for us. well 5-2 puts us in good shape for homefield. hopefully they can get it together with a week off.

dirtybirdnw

Postby dirtybirdnw » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:51 am

We were horrible after jumping out to the 20-0 lead. It was all down hill from there.

At least we are consistent. Consistent in falling apart and giving the other team every possible chance to take the lead after we have established our selves.

Am I being to critical of a 5-2 team?
Fear the BEARD!

dirtybirdnw

Postby dirtybirdnw » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:00 am

More to the point if the Jets don't spot us the 17 points off turnovers we lose this game. The Jets out played us through many portions of the game. Our only saving grace was Warrick Dunn and his ability to run the ball.
Fear the BEARD!

GSUTeke
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby GSUTeke » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:39 pm

dirtybirdnw wrote:More to the point if the Jets don't spot us the 17 points off turnovers we lose this game. The Jets out played us through many portions of the game. Our only saving grace was Warrick Dunn and his ability to run the ball.

that's ALWAYS our saving grace and the only time we get ourselves in trouble is when we stop running the ball.

it's just like that season that we imploded after Vick got knocked out in the Ravens game. i would literally yell at the screen "RUN THE DAMN BALL DAN!" when we would go into halftime with a lead and then they'd decide they needed to chuck the ball all over the place.

we should have been 8-8 that year W/O Vick!

dirtybirdnw

Postby dirtybirdnw » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:42 pm

Overly Harsh?

27-17=10

Take away points off turnovers and the score is 14 to 10 Jets. I'm not trying to take away from the points off turnovers (that is the purpose of the defense). But, we know at least one of them came from a new center and a rusty old quarterback.
Fear the BEARD!

Return to “The Huddle”