It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:09 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: a quick run down please....
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:29 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Angry Jr. had other ideas than watching the Falcons with me, so I didn't get to see the game. :D

I read the box score, but it's hard to tell from that. By all accounts Vick and the defense looked good? How was the play calling? 31 pass attempts? Did Mora sniff something other than smelling salts before the game? :wink:

Thanks for the help fella's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:08 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

Our run D looked mediocre at best

DeLo didn't do bad, nor did he do good

Almost at the end of the game, Jason Webster made a clutch INT when the dolphins were inside the 10(Sealed the gamE)

On a couple of plays our Outside LB's lost containment of Ronnie Brown, or Ricky...

Hardly any pressure on Frerotte(SP?)

Our offensive line looked great

Dunn did good(Would've definatly helped the cause if Duckett wasn't hurt, because Griffith coughed up the ball)

Vick did brilliant...it will definatly shut the Vick critics up this week

Roddy White did excellent, he showed the hustle that we need a WR...you could definatly tell he wanted to show everyone who he truly was.

Finneran did good besides a dropped TD Lob pass, but the defenders hands were in his face(Still should've caught it)But that was the only one he dropped that i remember

Crumpler is clutch, catching everything thrown his way

And we were 65%(11-17) for 3rd down conversions(the Fins weer 0-9)

Allen Rossum did absolutely horrible...seemed like he didnt know what he was doing, and muffed one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:21 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Thanks for the break down guys. I appreciate it.

I can't wait for Rowdy Roddy White gets more experience and more playing time under his belt. From everything I read, the guy has the potential to be a "playmaker". They compare him to a young, smaller version of TO minus the attitude, which can't be anything but exciting. He's going to get bigger physically and once he learns to play with th big boys... look out. Could he be our future home run hitter?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:45 pm 

Roddy White was very impressive in my book. He was making catches in traffic, while being drilled, with good coverage. He seems to have the same ability Crumpler has of catching anything around him. He definitely made the case for more minutes then what he has been getting.

Also, MV302, the interception was by Keion Carpenter but Webster was in on the coverage.

The defense was solid all around but the run defense concerns me. Babs is amazing at getting through the offensive line to be disruptive in the backfield. He is a clone of Coleman except he plays with finness and form. For the most part the Dolphins ran their offense to avoid Coleman & Hall. They never passed at Hall unless his coverage was bad and most passes where quick dinks that didn't allow Coleman to get up field.

Above all else the most impressive was our ability to start, sustain, and finish out long offensive drives. We had two drives of 90+ yards and another of 80 and one of 70. That is something this team has never done or been able to do. More to the point we had a long drive in each quarter. The offense never went flat except when it was obvious what we would do in the late parts of the game.

Our receivers should be set for the rest of the year now with Finneran/White/Jenkins and Pathon getting occasional looks as a 4th receiver. Crumpler should be the primary target and Finneran should get the first look on 3rd down while White gets deep shots. If Jenkins keeps having hand issues Roddy will leap frog him. He seems to be the only receiver outside of Crumps/Finn that can handle Vicks power passing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:46 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

dirtybirdnw wrote:

Also, MV302, the interception was by Keion Carpenter but Webster was in on the coverage.

Ahh, my bad...it was a long day at work at just 12

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:57 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

dirtybirdnw wrote:

Also, the O line looked mediocre at best & FAR from great. Not to take anything away from the Dolphins line that includes 3 former Pro bowlers, but Vick was under pressure all day long pretty much in one form or another. The only thing they really did well was pick up the zero blitzes so Mike could get the ball away. Otherwise, I would have given them a D- for the game, as it is C-.

I think you and I will have to agree to disagree on most topics Comp.