Post subject: It's Official: TO Suspended for rest of season
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:57 pm 

Buahahahahahha. And low hang the heads of Iggle fans everywhere:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/f ... ml?cnn=yes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:13 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

One place for him to go now... Oakland. He and Randy Moss will make the best receiving tandum ever. Or atleast for one season until either one of them has their typical melt downs. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:14 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Let him go to the NBA where he would fit in with the rest of the childish primma donnas there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:44 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

like it or not gentlemen but targeted destination number one will be Atlanta.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:10 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

He will probably end up in Houston or Green Bay...we also speculated the Dolphins might trade Ricky Williams & a pick for him but I doubt it now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:24 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

The Raiders are more than 30 million over the cap for 2006. They will be cutting players not adding.

The pundits keep mentioning Atlanta but Jim Mora Sr. on NFL network said he was familiar enough with the Falcon front office to say it would not happen.

Jim Mora Jr. saw what he did in San Francisco. Any player who cannot get along with Marriucci can't get along with anyone.

I think few teams are that stupid. Denver is one of the few. Daniel Snyder could be that stupid. Dennis Green might believe he could actually handle him.

Whoever does sign him will soon have "the worst QB in the league."

Post subject: Thats the other thing not many better than Mcnabb
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:38 pm 

Whoever takes a chance on TO will have to sooner or later here that the QB isn't getting the ball enough to him.If you can't get along with Mcnabb and your teammates why get TO? The headaches he brings to a team are endless despite his on the field performance.If a team does get TO just sign him to an incentive contract that way he can have has much money as he wants but if he is injured or doesn't produce he gets less.Think TO would agree to that? I doubt he he wants guaranteed moiney and be the highest paid and what happens when he has a bad year? The club should have the option to pay him less. TO or whoever is advising him needs to be fired.Be happy with the dream lifestyle you have instead of throwing it away.No player is bigger than the game yet I think TO feels that way.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:45 pm 
Starter
Starter

I must admit one tiny part of me wants TO in a Falcon uniform. Then there is the side of me that's not an unrealistic idiot that doesn't want to read in a month or so how TO would badmouth Vick when he didn't get enough picture perfect passes in his direction.

Example: 1 teaspoon of poo plus 1000 gallons of drinkable water= poo water. We don't need that bad apple to spoil the bunch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:50 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

27 yr old TO I might be willing to risk it...not 30 something TO though. The Eagles really treated him like garbage though considering what he did last year for that team.

Maybe he could go to the Titans where McNair wouldn't even give a damn what TO said.....lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:54 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

FalconAwesome wrote:
I must admit one tiny part of me wants TO in a Falcon uniform.

There is a part of me like that as well. BUt I too realize that the chances of a T.O.-Falcons marriage working are about slim and none.

It would all depend on T.O. behaving himself. If his run in Philly is any indicator, the best we could hope for is that he would keep his mouth relatively shut for the first year he was here, and then expect the blowup to occur in 2007. Then hope that his first year here produces a Super Bowl ring.

I ran the numbers. Based on how many times the Eagles have thrown to T.O. over the course of the last 1.5 years, and how much this team currently throws the football. T.O. would wind up with between 64-67 catches for the year. Well T.O. hasn't caught that few passes since 1999, back when Jerry Rice was still the 49ers go-to receiver, and T.O. was just a talented #2 receiver. Right now, the Falcons don't have an offense that could satisfy Owens. T.O. couldn't be happy being used like a "No. 2" guy would. He couldn't share catches with Crumpler. Only Westbrook (73 catches in 2004 vs. T.O.'s 77) has challenged him for touches since Rice. Tai Streets had 72 grabs in 2002, but T.O. had 100, so you knew he was relatively content.

Basically, short of a miraculous change in T.O.'s personality, he could not work in Atlanta, even for a single year.

Profile E-mail