It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:15 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Let's take a collection....
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:59 pm 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar

Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:31 pm
Posts: 3168
...and chip and and buy TO a ham or something really nice for Christmas. He single handedly has destroyed Philly and it looks now like they won't even make the playoffs. It took a little longer than I thought, a whole seson and a half, but he finally did it. In the playoffs, that was the one team I thought could give the Falcons trouble, now, if we make it I'm liking ur chances a whole lot more.

Thank you Mr. Owens, for being the predictable cancerous a-hole that you are.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:50 pm 
Offline
Playmaker
Playmaker
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:44 pm
Posts: 431
Location: Woodstock, Ga
I'll buy him a deck of cards.....

_________________
"It's a privilege to wear this winged helmet," English says. "It's about Michigan today. Show everyone why this is the best program in the country!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:07 pm 
Offline
All-Pro
All-Pro
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:51 pm
Posts: 869
I'll buy him some MMA gloves so he won't break his knuckles swinging on the Eagles players.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:07 am 
Offline
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:03 pm
Posts: 26018
Location: North Carolina
I'm not ready to give up on the Eagles yet. A 5-3 record over the remainder of the season is all they need.

Without T.O., maybe the Eagles will finally come to their senses and start running the football. 4 of their remaining 8 games are against division opponents, and their other games are against Green Bay, Seattle, Arizona, and St. Louis.

They still have a shot, but it'll depend on if they can start to run the ball well. I think they could sneak into the playoffs with a 9-7 record.

_________________
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:03 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:11 pm
Posts: 4526
Location: Vancouver, WA
Pudge wrote:
Without T.O., maybe the Eagles will finally come to their senses and start running the football. 4 of their remaining 8 games are against division opponents, and their other games are against Green Bay, Seattle, Arizona, and St. Louis.


Especially considering they just gave Westbrook a $5 million a year contract.

_________________
Fear the BEARD!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:00 pm 
Offline
All-Pro
All-Pro
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:51 pm
Posts: 869
Pretty stupid on their part to give someone who has proven nothing $5 million a year when they could have given TO a couple more and bring in another speed back to catch the ball like Westbrook does....and probably even find a real running back. The Eagles franchise is a joke.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:42 pm 
Offline
All-Pro
All-Pro
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:26 pm
Posts: 814
screw TO, he is a terrible person, and a cancer in the locker room....anyone who signs him is asking for trouble....the Eagles were already fed up with him, why give him more money?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:33 pm 
Offline
All-Pro
All-Pro
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:51 pm
Posts: 869
Steve-O wrote:
screw TO, he is a terrible person, and a cancer in the locker room....anyone who signs him is asking for trouble....the Eagles were already fed up with him, why give him more money?


Yeah everyone was really fed up with him when he stepped up in the Super Bowl. :roll:

The man only wanted to be paid more than Peerless Price and that isn't asking much when your team is $12million under the cap. The real problem is that the Eagles ARE a classless organization who would rather pay Brian Westbrook, who also made comments but they weren't publicized becasue nobody cares about Westbrook because he is a glorified slot receiver.

The Eagles dropped the ball in a big way, and while I won't sit here & say TO is a class act, he deserved to get a raise after his first season with the Eagles. I could go on & on about this but I won't waste my breath as it is easy to sit on the outside & say TO is a jerk, but just keep in mind that everything the talking heads on ESPN & the radio networks aren't always right. The Eagles dropped the ball on this one and then TO went ballistic, and I can't really say I blame him....look how hard they turned on him less than a year after he risked his career to try to win them a Super Bowl.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:55 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:11 pm
Posts: 4526
Location: Vancouver, WA
T.O. signed a contract a contract he decided he wasn't going to honor because it wasn't good enough for him. I'm fine with T.O. demanding for more money at the end of his contract but until that date comes he is obligated by signing a legally binding contract to complete it.

_________________
Fear the BEARD!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:19 am 
Offline
All-Pro
All-Pro
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:51 pm
Posts: 869
And he did just that, and was doing a fine job of it too until the Eagles & ESPN decided that what TO was saying wasnt good enough for the good ole boy network. If you subscribe to their way of thinking that's on you but I prefer to think for myself & hear both sides before jumping to conclusions.

Knowing everything that went into the past week, & everything leading up to it, I back TO all the way on this one. Just because you don't like what someone says doesn't mean there isn't a lot of truth in what they're saying. I mean to hear every analyst, announcer, & talking head in the world talk about Brett Favre, you would be crazy to say he wouldn't do better than McNabb....I mean these are the same guys saying TO is a jerk, crazy, and a litany of other slurs.

The fact is that TO should become the NFL Player's Association's poster boy for initiating change in the NFL's contract policies. A player, nor his agent, should not be responsible for filing some paperwork that makes him a Free Agent. It should be understood that when his contract is up then he is a Free Agent. TO's agent did not file this paperwork & thus TO was forced to accept whatever weak contract Philly offered him basically, since he was essentially traded.

To have Hugh Douglass walk into the Training Room & say someone is faking injury when TO is back there getting the same leg he injured last year looked at is beyond ridiculous. I mean we're talking about a guy who ignored the recommendations from doctors to not play in the Super Bowl due to his broken leg, and went out & played a hell of a game.

To sign Brian Westbrook to a 5 year deal the day before this all happened, when Westbrook was doing the exact same things TO was doing, is again ludicrous. The guy is an average RB and really is only dangerous to most teams as a receiver, and he is nowhere near the player TO is, was, and will be. They can pony up the money for Westbrook ($5 million a year), but not pull up a little more scratch for their best player? When they have $12 million in cap room? Come on now. And don't fool yourself into thinking McNabb is the best player on that team, because he is not.

The sad thing is that so many people have jumped to conclusions from the start on this whole debacle, because the media has made it into what THEY WANTED. Rosenhaus is right. TO has been treated unfairly by the media and taken advantage of continuously. I remember when they first aired that interview on ESPN & they didn't even air the question. They just made it sound like TO just came out & said Favre would be undefeated on the Eagles. It was just another in a long line of poor reporting on the part of ESPN in order to give Salisbury & Schlereth something to talk about.

TO is the ULTIMATE competitor, along the lines of a Michael Vick or Tom Brady. Nobody gets on the field & gives it everything like those guys do. Football greatness is EVERYTHING to these men and their selfish drive to be the best is what makes them great. In the past week we have seen all 3 do things that were not the most media savvy. Vick with his comments about questioning his passing, Brady BLOWING OFF INTERVIEWS after his loss to the Colts, and TO with his comments about Favre v McNabb. Brady got a pass, Vick caught a couple of comments, and TO LOST HIS F---ING JOB!

Unfortunately, the Eagles once again show their lack of class by not accepting the apology they forced onto TO. They didn't acknowledge his 100th touchdown, which has to be a first in the history of the NFL. I mean seriously, the Eagles "don't acknowledge individual accomplishment"? When have they ever had any individual to celebrate? And why does EVERY OTHER TEAM IN THE NFL ackowledge individual accomplishment? Why does this "class" organization not carry on a league-wide tradition that has been held sacred by teams accross all sports for DECADES? Could you imagine if they didn't stop the game when Walter Payton broke the NFL rushing record? How about when Cal Ripken broke the consecutive game streak? Why do the Eagles get a pass on treating TO like a piece of garbage?

Because he has a history......


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:27 am 
Offline
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:03 pm
Posts: 26018
Location: North Carolina
The Incomparable wrote:
The man only wanted to be paid more than Peerless Price and that isn't asking much when your team is $12million under the cap.


You got your facts a bit mixed up. T.O.'s original deal was one of the most lucrative ever signed by a WR, as I believe at the time of its signing, it was the most money given to a WR except for Randy Moss, Keyshawn Johnson, and Eric Moulds.

T.O. signed a 7-yr. $49 million contract with 1st year bonuses equaling $8.5 million. Then in 2006, he was due another $7.5 million in option and roster bonuses, making him potentially capable of making $16 million in bonuses in his contract. Keyshawn got $56 million over 7 years, but only $13 million in bonuses. Moulds got $45 million over 6 years, but again only $12 million in bonuses. Moss got $75 million over 8 years with a $18 million bonus, but based on the way the deal was structured, it was $46 million over 6 years. So T.O.'s deal was pretty fat.

Price signed a 7-yr./$36.5 million deal with a $10 million bonus. If you compare the $$ paid to both players in the first 3 years of the deal, Price had a 3-year earning total of $15 million and T.O. had $20.67 million.

The reason T.O. started asking for a contract extension was for one reason, and one reason only.

Nine months after T.O. signed his contract, and two months before the Eagles would appear in the Super BOwl, Marvin Harrison signed the most lucrative deal for a WR in NFL history. He received $66 million over 7 years, with $22 million in bonus. And Harrison received $29 million over his first 3 years as well.

Note that T.O. would go on to fire his agent David Joseph only 4 months after Harrison signed his deal and hired Rosenhaus.

T.O. was sick with the fact that Harrison got so much money and did not "lead" his team to the Super Bowl.

The problem with T.O. wanting more money is it shows a poor knowledge of the way the NFL works. You don't sign a contract that "sets" the market one year, and just because another contract sets the market the followign year, should you ask for a new one. In November 2004, Crumpler signed a new contract with the Falcons that was about equal to the most lucrative TE contract signed ever. About 7 months later, Todd Heap signed a contract that broke that deal. Should Crumpler now approach the Falcons and say that he should be paid more than Heap, and the Falcons should tear up his old deal? Would the Falcons be classless if they did not meet his demands?

_________________
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:24 pm 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:56 pm
Posts: 119
Location: Biloxi, MS
"The_Incomparable" wrote a lot of stuff....

T.O., is that you tootin' your own horn? Sure sounds like it. Come on, fess up.... it's you, isn't it?

I for one and worried that this idiot is going to set his sights on playing in Atlanta. I have been a Falcons fan since they drafted Tommy Nobis and played their first game (Eagles 9, Falcons 7) and have NEVER seen them with the TEAM unity they seem to have right now.

T.O. does nothing but DESTROY unity with his "it's me and only me" attitude.

I only hope Jim Mora remembers what Owens did to S.F.

Dennis


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:16 pm 
Offline
All-Pro
All-Pro
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:51 pm
Posts: 869
RdHdBirdFan wrote:
"The_Incomparable" wrote a lot of stuff....

T.O., is that you tootin' your own horn? Sure sounds like it. Come on, fess up.... it's you, isn't it?

I for one and worried that this idiot is going to set his sights on playing in Atlanta. I have been a Falcons fan since they drafted Tommy Nobis and played their first game (Eagles 9, Falcons 7) and have NEVER seen them with the TEAM unity they seem to have right now.

T.O. does nothing but DESTROY unity with his "it's me and only me" attitude.

I only hope Jim Mora remembers what Owens did to S.F.

Dennis


Owens didn't "do" anything to San Fran. The salary cap destroyed that franchise when it finally caught up with them & they have spent the past few years trying to recover from it. I'm not TO.

Yulin, I didn't call anyone a moron, I only stated I prefer to think for myself than listen to what ESPN analysts have to say about situations like this; because they HAVE AN AGENDA TO KEEP PUSHING THE STORY.

To deserved as much, if not more, money than Harrison. The fact is he got a bum deal to begin with because his agent did not file his Free Agent papers, and thus he wanted to restructure. I mean if NFL teams cannot offer guaranteed contracts, why should players take the some money for years & years when they may have become a premier player in that time? It makes no sense. If you went from being a good salesman in your team to being the top salesman in the nation, then you would DEMAND to be paid better. That's just how business works and that is why I have a problem with this whole situation. It has been turned into a personal attack on TO for most people because of his past history with Garcia & McNabb, but that keeps people from seeing the simple truth laid before their eyes. None of this would have happened had TO just been paid what he was worth to begin with...which he never was. TO's deal should not have been ONE OF the most lucrative deals for a WR in history, it should have been THE most lucrative deal. Even in a shortened season TO put up the best numbers in the league & then worked his ass off to play in the Super Bowl with screws, & rods still in his leg. But yeah, TO is just a selfish jerk who only cares about himself :roll: .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:39 pm 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar

Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:31 pm
Posts: 3168
Comp wrote:
Owens didn't "do" anything to San Fran. The salary cap destroyed that franchise when it finally caught up with them & they have spent the past few years trying to recover from it.


TO did the exact same thing in SF. He threw his QB (Garcia) under the bus just like he did to McNabb. Not only did he say he sucked, he questioned his manhood by calling him gay.

Plus the famed on field blow up with Knapp. Showed up the coach in front of millions...what a team guy and class act!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:09 pm 
Offline
All-Pro
All-Pro
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:26 pm
Posts: 814
well I don't give a good gosh darn what ESPN says...I came to the conclusion that TO is a prick all on my own, and I came to that conclusion long before this week...I'm sorry but TO is trash...you can't throw teamates under the bus, you can't purposfully disrupt a team for money's sake when you already make millions, upon millions of dollars....The only remotley respectable thing TO has ever done is the quick recovery from his broken leg/ankle and his excellant play in the SB, but even that was negated when I realized that he was only doing it so he'd have leverage for more money...TO is the archetype "me" player...last time I checked football was a team sport...

I swear if that low life ever suits up in red and black I will boo him as loud as I can even if he produces insane stats...I can't stand that little prick...he's exactly what's wrong with sports...he behaves like a spoiled child...it makes me sick

like Angry said I am equally disgusted with ESPN and the NFL Network for blowing this whole thing up to be so big, but in the end no one made TO do what he did...he did it all on his own because he is an ignorant, pompous, ego-centric, team-destroying cancer...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:20 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:11 pm
Posts: 4526
Location: Vancouver, WA
I don't see how anyone can back Owens after all the crap he's pulled in both San Francisco and Philadelphia. The entire mission of Owen's over the last season and a half was to call out McNabb and berate the franchise for not giving him more money. At least Westbrook wasn't berating anyone and played just as hard before and after he got his contract. He was also in the final year of his contract Owen's is not. How you can compare Westbrook to Owens blows my mind.

It seems your running around with a chip on your shoulder Incomp. You've been blasting lots of people for not thinking your way lately. As this thread has pointed out most people think that Owens is an asshole who signed one of the most lavish contracts for a receiver in league history and decided it wasn't enough. Owen's has no room period.

Not everyone on this board (myself included) are mindless zombies that listen to all the crap spewed by the sports media juggernaut known as ESPN. I don't even read the articles on their site anymore.

_________________
Fear the BEARD!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:25 pm 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:56 pm
Posts: 119
Location: Biloxi, MS
"The_Incomparable" wrote some more stuff, including:

Owens didn't "do" anything to San Fran.

and then...

"The fact is he got a bum deal.... more "stuff" snipped.

Yup, it's T.O. Gotta be. If not, what are you smoking? Or how much is he paying you to spout this tripe?

If you're not T.O. and he's not paying you AND you're not smoking something, then you're just plain nuts. Period.

The man is poison and I would hate to see him show up as a Falcon and ruin what's been building.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:27 pm 
Offline
All-Pro
All-Pro
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:26 pm
Posts: 814
if we sign him I will lead a protest march in front of Arthur Blanks house....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:08 am 
Offline
All-Pro
All-Pro
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:51 pm
Posts: 869
RdHdBirdFan wrote:
"The_Incomparable" wrote some more stuff, including:

Owens didn't "do" anything to San Fran.

and then...

"The fact is he got a bum deal.... more "stuff" snipped.

Yup, it's T.O. Gotta be. If not, what are you smoking? Or how much is he paying you to spout this tripe?

If you're not T.O. and he's not paying you AND you're not smoking something, then you're just plain nuts. Period.

The man is poison and I would hate to see him show up as a Falcon and ruin what's been building.


Please don't break my opinions down into snippets that fit your agenda without adding the supporting theories. Thanks.


Yulin wrote:
Quote:
Yulin, I didn't call anyone a moron, I only stated I prefer to think for myself than listen to what ESPN analysts have to say about situations like this; because they HAVE AN AGENDA TO KEEP PUSHING THE STORY

True, I'll agree moron was a bit much on my part, but the insinuation in the post I was responding two was basically you thought for yourself and had a certain point of view, and therefore, if you disagreed, you didn't think for yourself. I really dislike subtle insinuations, and that's exactly what that came off as, regardless your intentions.

And I agree with Angry – he started the crap in SF as much as the management gambled with future years to get another SB. He blew up at Knapp, and he cried about not getting the ball enough. And he did indeed throw Garcia under the bus.

And honestly, regardless what he ‘deserved’, there are other ways to get your deal reworked. He and/or his agent could have kept all this out of the media, and been working behind the scenes, and the crap that’s been in the fan would never have happened. And he could have gotten the deal redone. Instead, he called out the franchise in public. What else were the Eagles suppose to do? “Oh, we’re sorry TO that we forced you to sign that mega deal last year that only pays you a measly $10 mill. Please don’t say anything else and we’ll give you more.” Sure, his performance in the SB was amazing, and yes, you could argue that deserved some recognition. But throwing insults about isn’t the way to go about it.


True. He could have gone about this much better and he did throw TO under the bus, sort of. He answered a trap question that lead to this final straw. The Eagles players said that TO, McNabb, & others were hanging out watching the MNF game last Monday before this all happened. So what went wrong? Why was Hugh Douglass allowed to come into the training room & question TO's injury the way he did, especially after TO already proved he would do anything to play with that Super Bowl performance? Why did the Eagles sign Westbrook to a 5 year deal right before this last interview? Why did the Eagles not do the right thing & reward TO for his courageous performance in the Super Bowl by at least discussing a new contract with him? Why would a "cancer" be hanging out with McNabb watching Monday Night Football last Monday? TO's deal pays him a full $10million+ less in guaranteed money than Harrison's...so is Harrison better than TO?


dirtybirdnw wrote:
I don't see how anyone can back Owens after all the crap he's pulled in both San Francisco and Philadelphia. The entire mission of Owen's over the last season and a half was to call out McNabb and berate the franchise for not giving him more money. At least Westbrook wasn't berating anyone and played just as hard before and after he got his contract. He was also in the final year of his contract Owen's is not. How you can compare Westbrook to Owens blows my mind.

It seems your running around with a chip on your shoulder Incomp. You've been blasting lots of people for not thinking your way lately. As this thread has pointed out most people think that Owens is an asshole who signed one of the most lavish contracts for a receiver in league history and decided it wasn't enough. Owen's has no room period.

Not everyone on this board (myself included) are mindless zombies that listen to all the crap spewed by the sports media juggernaut known as ESPN. I don't even read the articles on their site anymore.


How can you say Owens did anything last year but be a model teammate & player? The only thing he did was talk to the media while he was injured. This is exactly what I am talking about. People go around acting like they know what they're talking about but their opinions are based on feelings & not facts. You said for the last season & a half was to call out McNabb & berate the franchise for not paying him, but that is an absolute lie. What was it he did last year other than chew out McNabb during the Pittsburgh game for being a complacent poon, which is exactly what Donavan was being. Then they (TO & DM) made fun of it the next game..........

Well of course you think I have a chip on my shoulder. You just got admin duties & still have a hard on for me because I disagreed with you in an earlier thread. If you don't like me, ban me dude. No skin off my back. I can be the TO of FalcFans. :roll: At what point did America become a Communist state anyways? I have never seen people blasted so much for having an unpopular opinion before in my life than I have in the last 5 years.

There is such a severe double standard that it is sickening. I mean Brady gets on TV, after not doing interviews on Monday Night's loss, and begins to rip his team's "CHARACTER". A team with 4 star defensive players on the shelf & their RB playing injured gets criticized by their QB and he gets a pass? I mean where is the so-called "voice of reason" for those statements? Oh I forgot, Brady is white & won 3 Super Bowls so he can say & do whatever he damn well pleases and his team has to swallow it & ask for more. :roll:

All I can say is thank God that Vick is such a media genius. He does one interview a week usually & tells the media to go stuff themselves the rest of the time. Maybe that is what all athletes should start doing, at least all black athletes. I have seen Favre, Brady, and other white players throw their teammates under the bus but have not seen anyone say they are a cancer......in fact, most of the time people say these players are trying to motivate their team! It's a joke. It really is. Michael Irvin is the only person on ESPN who backed TO, because he setup the interview, and Irvin hasn't been seen or heard from since then. I am very interested to see if he has to eat the ESPN status quo and agree with the other analysts about TO like all the rest of them do.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:39 am 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar

Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:31 pm
Posts: 3168
Comp wrote:
The Eagles players said that TO, McNabb, & others were hanging out watching the MNF game last Monday before this all happened. So what went wrong?


I'd like to see a link or article on that. (Or was it just rumor on a message board?) By all accounts, TO & McNabb do not get along on a personal level.



Comp wrote:
especially after TO already proved he would do anything to play with that Super Bowl performance?


TO played for TO in the Super Bowl, not for the Eagles. If he catches 1 ball and the team wins, he will bitch. If he catches 10 balls and the team loses, he's happy.



Comp wrote:
Why would a "cancer" be hanging out with McNabb watching Monday Night Football last Monday?


Again, I'd like to see an article or something official. Not doubting you, but it's the first I've heard of it.

Comp wrote:
TO's deal pays him a full $10million+ less in guaranteed money than Harrison's...so is Harrison better than TO?


Harrison is better than TO IMO. No baggage, a hard worker, and most importantly, a good teammate.

Comp wrote:
People go around acting like they know what they're talking about but their opinions are based on feelings & not facts


And you're not? Unless you hang with TO 24/7, you don't know. You've formed your opinion on the exact same info everyone gets.

Comp wrote:
What was it he did last year other than chew out McNabb during the Pittsburgh game for being a complacent poon, which is exactly what Donavan was being. Then they (TO & DM) made fun of it the next game..........


It's how he did it. For millions to see. You air your dirty laundry behind closed doors. If he thought DM was doggin' it, rip him one in the locker room at the half or after the game. Not in front of the camera's. And as for the making fun of it the next game, that's McNabb taking the high road like he always has with TO. McNabb has class and goes about things the right way...TO on the other hand.....

Comp wrote:
Well of course you think I have a chip on my shoulder. You just got admin duties & still have a hard on for me because I disagreed with you in an earlier thread


No, you were being a dink for a few days there.... :D

Comp wrote:
Oh I forgot, Brady is white & won 3 Super Bowls so he can say & do whatever he damn well pleases and his team has to swallow it & ask for more.


Huh? Not sure why you're throwing the race card out there, and Brady's after game comments were all of 30 seconds, saying his team just didn't play well enough.

Comp wrote:
I have seen Favre, Brady, and other white players throw their teammates under the bus but have not seen anyone say they are a cancer


I'd like to know who they threw under the bus? And again with the race? I'm not sure what you're getting at, or maybe I do, but I can't say I agree.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:29 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:11 pm
Posts: 4526
Location: Vancouver, WA
I'll ditto what Angry said. Also why the race card? It continues to be one of the most pointless parts of any arguement.

I detect shades of reverse Rush Limbaugh'ism.

And if I had a hard-on from previous threads because I got administration duties I would have locked you out by now. But I have no problems with you and I wouldn't abuse admin rights like that.

I'm all about opposing views and good debate but you (and other folks including myself) have made personal attacks on folks. I'm a big boy and can handle it. My only job here outside of posting is being a board mod and updating the depth chart and other basics. If any thread devolves into personal attacks I will lock it and send people to corners dag nabit. :twisted:

_________________
Fear the BEARD!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cyril and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: